• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PRIDE exhaust Group Buy (Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JWillis.....from your photo, it appears as if the exhaust tips stick out further than the stock tips. Whattya think?

I received my Pride exhaust today. Before I begin I want to say that I was very please with the packing, and shipping. After I had payed for the exhaust, it was shipped to my home within 2 days. Thanks Mark, I am trying to leave you positive TR, but the thread link cannot be used in the system, I will try to find a way around it.

I sold my previous Ark exhaust within the first few hours of posting it here, and I was in a bind, because I thought it would take some time to sell my old exhaust, but I also had to transfer my car by the end of next week and so I needed some kind of exhaust. I was on the backorder list, and I PM'd Mark to see how the progress was going because I urgently needed an exhaust whether it be one of his units, or someone else's.

With that said Mark told me to call him and he informed me that the exhausts had been back ordered, however he had one unit which could be considered slightly defective because the driver side tailpipe would hang lower, and that I may need to have an exhaust shop modify it.

No big deal on my end so with a little incentive, I went ahead an ordered the unit he had on hand. It was shipped on Wednesday, and was at my front door by this afternoon (Friday). The shipping was excellent. Tons of bubble wrap, and thick enough cardboard that it would have survived a plane crash.

It took me about 10 minutes to install it. The fitment surprisingly wasn't all too bad. I just used a longer exhaust hanger on the driver side so there isn't much variance between the tip hanging. I also have the topspeed headers which have the flex section which made things alot easier. Maybe not the safest, but I'll take the risk. If the headers did not have the flex section, then I would have to have some sort of modifying done. Keep in mind this exhaust was considered defective and I am sure Mark test fits all exhausts before shipment.

Now the sound. Okay I admit I want the GT one V5.1 noise. The sound test is not fair because I wasn't able to drive my car out on the road because I am waiting for some wheels from SOS. So the car is sitting on jack stands. Compared to my Ark, it was the same on idle. But at 3k RPM's is was significantly louder. Like waking up the neighbors loud. I do have test pipes. Compared to the GT-one, it does not have that signature deceleration noise. But again, I was just free revving. I may have a different outcome as soon as I take it out on the road. The GT one has this rasp in between 2-4k RPM's before it turns into the F1 noise when the vtech kicks in. The Pride exhaust makes the exact same noise. Again, this is not a fair comparison since I cannot drive the car until my wheels arrive, and then I will do some fly bys. In my opinion, it is comparable to the v5.1, but more of a higher tone.

Overall I am happy for the money. Good welds, looks like a great stainless steel pretzel. I have a real crappy cell phone clip I will try to load. Until then here are some pics:

This is a real crappy cell phone video. Just revving between 3-4k RPM so I wouldn't disturb neighbors:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1jive/4415635868/

Edit 03/28/10 I found this video at a local track event we had. There was a subaru WRX behind me that had a bumper mount camera. But the first 10 seconds shows me taking off to give you an idea of the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmwe5wVdBnE

4409966728_1747b26e1f_b.jpg

4409200269_1727fd36f1_b.jpg

4415149887_8bc824a01f_b.jpg

I am currently thinking abuot exhausts.

Do these come in titanium?

We are capable of making them in Titanium but I would need enough demand and people that would want to pay around $3000-$4xxx for them.

The second version will be out very soon and will be available in both single tip (dual) and dual tips (quad) versions! Thank you guys for your patience!

Does anyone have this exhaust on a 02 valence? how does it look? Just like the earlier post says this exhaust looks like it is sticking out a little further, wondering how that looks on the valance? Anyone have pics?

I always wanted one of the pride exhaust but always wanted a quad tip. I want one for my 98 NSX. I await for some info on this second series, and if all is good for a quad tip with adapters for my 98 for a good deal like the last one. Sign me up.:biggrin:

Does anyone have this exhaust on a 02 valence? how does it look? Just like the earlier post says this exhaust looks like it is sticking out a little further, wondering how that looks on the valance? Anyone have pics?

I'll try installing mine this weekend. I have the OEM 02+ rear valence.

I hope you guys are not disappointed with the fitment on one side of the exhaust maybe both side, I would have the vendor to post pics on both pre 01 and 02+ rear valance before committing to buy them. There are no suck thing at Version II that I know of ____
Btw, I got one of them and sounds reallly good for the first 1000 miles after that it sounds alright but not as aggressive when I first had it_maybe my ears have problem :tongue:
*******Good luck on the exhaust Z , hate to see your valance got burns********

Last edited:
How did it work out? How is the sound? Any droning in the cabin?

Damn Amazon sent me the wrong gaskets. And on top of that, their "2 pack" only had one gasket. So it was a no go this weekend....I might try Autozone and see if they have any and then try this weekend. I know it's not hard, I'm busy with other things, and pretty darn lazy lately. :redface:

Damn Amazon sent me the wrong gaskets. And on top of that, their "2 pack" only had one gasket. So it was a no go this weekend....I might try Autozone and see if they have any and then try this weekend. I know it's not hard, I'm busy with other things, and pretty darn lazy lately. :redface:

Any updates?

So is there any HP gains with this as compared to Comptech or Taitec GTLW?
Or is this all about sound? I don't really see the point in getting something aftermarket if you can't improve the performance. that's just me...

I cannot say for horsepower because I have not dynoed my car but I have noticed a difference in response. I also have a uni air filter and it feels like my engine has awaken, but if I also add headers and remove the cats then a difference will truly be felt and heard. I am very happy with the exhaust and highly recommend to anyone who wants a sporty exhaust without the crazy price. Here is another pic from the bottom.
lamboandHerbie124.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can find "pride's" website?

I ran a quick search and found some place that I should check myself into.

http://thepridegroup.org/default.aspx

any updates on if there are any changes in the sound of the mufflers?

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yB1-hDyTz0U"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yB1-hDyTz0U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can find "pride's" website?

I ran a quick search and found some place that I should check myself into.

http://thepridegroup.org/default.aspx

any updates on if there are any changes in the sound of the mufflers?

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yB1-hDyTz0U"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yB1-hDyTz0U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Domain has been registered and still under construction.

Will update with Pride V2 Exhaust sound clips soon.

Mark

I want to thank you guys for your patience. Currently we have reintroduce our Pride V1 exhausts. We have a couple instock and they are the dual tips (single per side). All exhausts have been fitment tested. We offer adaptors for 95-99 NSX's for $100 extra. We currently don't offer any adaptors for the 00-05's (coming soon). You'll have to either get them from SOS or another Prime member.

On the Pride V1 Exhausts our reintroductory price will be $950 shipped & insured. We also sell true titanium burnt slide on tips for $50 for the pair. See below pictures for reference.

Pride V2 exhausts will be available on a seperate group buy. The V2 prices are $1100 shipped for the dual and $1130 shipped for the quads. The differences are the design on the pipings.

CIMG3694.jpg

CIMG3696.jpg

CIMG3697.jpg

With Titanium tips:
CIMG3699.jpg

CIMG3700.jpg

CIMG3702.jpg

Installed on a 02+ valence:
CIMG3709.jpg

could i get a side picture of the exhaust on the 02+ valence? it seems like it actually flushes quite well.

whats the difference between V1 and V2? just fixing minor issues on fitment?

i had the bel-canto which i loved but didn't like the $$ tag .

thanks for the great product
dan

02+ Valence Filament:

Just FYI, I installed this exhaust (V1) and I personally think the exhaust fits PERFECT in respect to the 02+ rear valence.

The filament issue I had is with the flange bolts lining up. Fortunately for me, Mark/Addictied2Racing is working with me to help resolve the filament issue.

Regards,

I want to thank you guys for your patience. Currently we have reintroduce our Pride V1 exhausts. We have a couple instock and they are the dual tips (single per side). All exhausts have been fitment tested. We offer adaptors for 95-99 NSX's for $100 extra. We currently don't offer any adaptors for the 00-05's (coming soon). You'll have to either get them from SOS or another Prime member.

On the Pride V1 Exhausts our reintroductory price will be $950 shipped & insured. We also sell true titanium burnt slide on tips for $50 for the pair. See below pictures for reference.

Pride V2 exhausts will be available on a seperate group buy. The V2 prices are $1100 shipped for the dual and $1130 shipped for the quads. The differences are the design on the pipings.

CIMG3694.jpg

CIMG3696.jpg

CIMG3697.jpg

With Titanium tips:
CIMG3699.jpg

CIMG3700.jpg

CIMG3702.jpg

Installed on a 02+ valence:
CIMG3709.jpg

We got 1 left instock ready to ship the following business day. Any interested please contact me. Thank you guys for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back