• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PRIDE exhaust Group Buy (Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sweet jesus people. Its a muffler and piping. Do you all really think because a japanese man welded one and a taiwnese man welded the other that heres that much difference between the two?
To me it looks like someone is selling the same exhaust for what its really worth.

I can buy an Apexi N1 exhaust for my other car a 240sx for around 500 dollars. Or i can buy the same exhaust off of ebay without the N1 badge for 110 bucks shipped. Same metal, same welds same piping size. Were alking about a muffler here. As long as it ges the exhaust gases out and away from my car as efficently and effectivly as possible, great! If it sounds cool and looks sweet doing it even better!

Those of you justifying the cost of a belcanto to this exhaust are dilluting yourselves.

Now if were talking ems or suspension or brakes than i can see paying more for a particular brand name that fits a certain criteria, however these are metal pipes welded together.

Oh sweet jesus people. Its a muffler and piping. Do you all really think because a japanese man welded one and a taiwnese man welded the other that heres that much difference between the two?
To me it looks like someone is selling the same exhaust for what its really worth.

I can buy an Apexi N1 exhaust for my other car a 240sx for around 500 dollars. Or i can buy the same exhaust off of ebay without the N1 badge for 110 bucks shipped. Same metal, same welds same piping size. Were alking about a muffler here. As long as it ges the exhaust gases out and away from my car as efficently and effectivly as possible, great! If it sounds cool and looks sweet doing it even better!

Those of you justifying the cost of a belcanto to this exhaust are dilluting yourselves.

Now if were talking ems or suspension or brakes than i can see paying more for a particular brand name that fits a certain criteria, however these are metal pipes welded together.

i totally agree, but i think people who are defending the "real":rolleyes: bel canto is becuase they bought one for 3k, but hey...u got to wake up one day, these only worth $1100 and the seller is making money on this too!!:cool:
so the real cost....$500?? and u guys bought them for 3k! same metal, same weld, and the most important, same sound!

I thought the Bel Canto a replica of another exhaust:confused: If the production piece looks like the one pictured it's a good buy.

I have no input about the exhaust and I have no affiliation with the seller.

But the thread crapping is irritating. I don't want to sift through bullshit to read about what someone is selling. If you have unrelated comments and criticism, please start another thread in the discussion forum.

Plenty of people expressed interest in this exhaust at a lower price. Vendor obviously listened and is providing a solution. Pccw, go buy a Magnaflow.

pricing differences on exhaust depends also on the GRADE and TYPE of metal used people. Just remember that also.

It may be a knock off. okay. But if it uses the same grade and type of metal for a lower price then who cares?... Unless the muffler is just a glasspack and the welds are going to crack in 6months.:rolleyes:

I have no input about the exhaust and I have no affiliation with the seller.

But the thread crapping is irritating. I don't want to sift through bullshit to read about what someone is selling. If you have unrelated comments and criticism, please start another thread in the discussion forum.

Plenty of people expressed interest in this exhaust at a lower price. Vendor obviously listened and is providing a solution. Pccw, go buy a Magnaflow.

why u take it so personal? if u don't like it, read another post, u want magnaflow, go get one, i am here becasue i want more info on this exhaust, so just go away and mind ur own ship! and thanks

op: so is there any sound clip compare to the real bel canto?

I also don't get this either. Guys please grow up, we really don't need any personal attack. True, knockoff is not original, but that's just how things go.

You have a new product that nobody ever had, or produced. You set a price for your R&D, people forking out money for the real deal. Sooner or later, other manufacturer or fabricators will start copying your products for lower price.

If you are the market leader, instead of weeping and complaining and licking your wounds; you would produce a better product, be it with the durability, exotic material, or a 2.0, 3.0 version. Unfortunately, high price items, be it watches, clothes, after market car parts, most of the time, the brand name is what it is. Just a name for people to Brag.

OK now, we acheive the Ferrari sound in the nsx...

can anyone reproduce a Lambo V10 sound? :biggrin:

I had a pre-97 ARC Titanium exhaust which I needed an adapter for, which I bought from Mark. I have no affiliation with the seller, his company, or the product, but the only thing I will say is that the service that Mark provided was impeccable, the product was EXACTLY as described, and the quality of the product was also outstanding.

Best of luck on the sale.

Bummer, if you had released this a month sooner, I would have bought one for sure. However I already have a Comptech on the way...

I'm just glad vendors continue to suppport the nsx with new product options.

Ok I personally heard this exhaust over the weekend. It still had fact cats and sounded awesome. My BC was combined with prospeed cats and was quite the loud one. I strongly recommend the unit and really like the prospeeds 200 cell lightweight cats.

A friend told me in talking to a Rep for a well known NSX parts manufacturer once, he was told that the NSX market is funny because if he made an exhaust and charged $2500 for it, everyone would jump on it and buy it. However, if he produced the same exhaust and charged $1500 for it, nobody would be interested because they would question the quality of the exhaust because it was more inexpensive than other alternatives.

The fact of the matter is, you're paying for 4 feet of piping. Either way, with this style exhaust, you're more than likely going to lose horsepower over a stock unit due to all the crazy bends. In looking at pictures, I don't really see how this is any different than a Bel Canto, GT One, etc or anything else... I'm actually shocked more folks who actually want the spaghetti style exhaust aren't hopping on this.

^ It's pretty sad we're used to paying 2k+ on catback exhaust for God's sake.

Haha Agreed!! So my understanding of the 5.1, Belcanto, various other names its being called etc, people are buying this for the looks & F1 like sound? I also understand this exhaust doesn't create Hp?

Either way this is a great price for almost the same exhaust! Will someone that got in on this GB comment on it? Looks great in the pics, pretty sure no one would be able to tell the difference between it and the GT 5.1 once installed on the car?

These are currently on backorder and I am on that list. Hopefully I can receive a unit within a few weeks because I sold my current exhaust and I cannot drive my car. But I will do a video review of everything.

Anyone who purchased one of these care to make a short flyby clip?

These are currently on backorder and I am on that list. Hopefully I can receive a unit within a few weeks because I sold my current exhaust and I cannot drive my car. But I will do a video review of everything.

Anyone who purchased one of these care to make a short flyby clip?

I got one and I think Addicted2Racing got the other one, I am willing to do a video if someone in Dallas can help me to make it happen :wink:
I have it in my 92 NSX right now but will transfer to my 02 NSX next week.

^ It's pretty sad we're used to paying 2k+ on catback exhaust for God's sake.
I agree with you... I think just about all NSX owners exists in a vacuum. The rest of the world knows that knock-off Chinese exhaust sells for $0.10-0.30 on the dollar on ebay with the said claimed quality arguments. With respect to the vendor i'm not going to say how much this actually costs. What i'm saying is you are paying for what i'm hoping to be a great warranty and customer service. It's not the cost to actually build the product.

Haha Agreed!! So my understanding of the 5.1, Belcanto, various other names its being called etc, people are buying this for the looks & F1 like sound? I also understand this exhaust doesn't create Hp?

If you see more piping then there has to be then it's pretty much made for the "exhaust tone". It does make more hp over the stock exhaust just not as much as others in the same price range. Different strokes for different folks :biggrin:

I agree with you... I think just about all NSX owners exists in a vacuum. The rest of the world knows that knock-off Chinese exhaust sells for $0.10-0.30 on the dollar on ebay with the said claimed quality arguments. With respect to the vendor i'm not going to say how much this actually costs. What i'm saying is you are paying for what i'm hoping to be a great warranty and customer service. It's not the cost to actually build the product.

The trouble with that is, at least when it comes to exhaust, is how often are you realistically going to have to replace exhaust components? Sure, the old DC Headers had issues, and I can understand possibly wanting to spend a little more on headers solely based on the fact that they're a pain to get on and off, but a catback is a different story in my opinion. I find it highly unlikely that you will ever *need* $1000+ worth of customer service or warranty repairs when it comes to exhaust piping.

Just my two cents.

I received my Pride exhaust today. Before I begin I want to say that I was very please with the packing, and shipping. After I had payed for the exhaust, it was shipped to my home within 2 days. Thanks Mark, I am trying to leave you positive TR, but the thread link cannot be used in the system, I will try to find a way around it.

I sold my previous Ark exhaust within the first few hours of posting it here, and I was in a bind, because I thought it would take some time to sell my old exhaust, but I also had to transfer my car by the end of next week and so I needed some kind of exhaust. I was on the backorder list, and I PM'd Mark to see how the progress was going because I urgently needed an exhaust whether it be one of his units, or someone else's.

With that said Mark told me to call him and he informed me that the exhausts had been back ordered, however he had one unit which could be considered slightly defective because the driver side tailpipe would hang lower, and that I may need to have an exhaust shop modify it.

No big deal on my end so with a little incentive, I went ahead an ordered the unit he had on hand. It was shipped on Wednesday, and was at my front door by this afternoon (Friday). The shipping was excellent. Tons of bubble wrap, and thick enough cardboard that it would have survived a plane crash.

It took me about 10 minutes to install it. The fitment surprisingly wasn't all too bad. I just used a longer exhaust hanger on the driver side so there isn't much variance between the tip hanging. I also have the topspeed headers which have the flex section which made things alot easier. Maybe not the safest, but I'll take the risk. If the headers did not have the flex section, then I would have to have some sort of modifying done. Keep in mind this exhaust was considered defective and I am sure Mark test fits all exhausts before shipment.

Now the sound. Okay I admit I want the GT one V5.1 noise. The sound test is not fair because I wasn't able to drive my car out on the road because I am waiting for some wheels from SOS. So the car is sitting on jack stands. Compared to my Ark, it was the same on idle. But at 3k RPM's is was significantly louder. Like waking up the neighbors loud. I do have test pipes. Compared to the GT-one, it does not have that signature deceleration noise. But again, I was just free revving. I may have a different outcome as soon as I take it out on the road. The GT one has this rasp in between 2-4k RPM's before it turns into the F1 noise when the vtech kicks in. The Pride exhaust makes the exact same noise. Again, this is not a fair comparison since I cannot drive the car until my wheels arrive, and then I will do some fly bys. In my opinion, it is comparable to the v5.1, but more of a higher tone.

Overall I am happy for the money. Good welds, looks like a great stainless steel pretzel. I have a real crappy cell phone clip I will try to load. Until then here are some pics:

This is a real crappy cell phone video. Just revving between 3-4k RPM so I wouldn't disturb neighbors:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1jive/4415635868/

Edit 03/28/10 I found this video at a local track event we had. There was a subaru WRX behind me that had a bumper mount camera. But the first 10 seconds shows me taking off to give you an idea of the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmwe5wVdBnE

4409966728_1747b26e1f_b.jpg

4409200269_1727fd36f1_b.jpg

4415149887_8bc824a01f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back