• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Primers! please help out a future nsx owner

Hello Primers!

I have been on and off this site for couple years now, I finally decide to register today..
ever since I found out about nsx, i fell in love with it..I am finally on the auto market again, and of course, the next car is going to be NSX! My budget is going to be under 30000$ and I am going to looking for any years, branded title include, under 45000 miles, But before I make my purchase, I have few questions want to ask you guys.

1. Defiantly need the sorcery wide body kit. I contact sorcery kit japan, its around 10000$ with shipping. Is there a cheaper alternative then that? any company offer good quality replica kit? how much?

2. What do I need to watch out when purchase a uses NSX? what are the common problems?

3. I know NSX is a super car, however, it suppose to be super car that is friendly for daily driving. How is the overall maintenance cost compare to my current car Infiniti G35 coupe? I know that replacing timing belt can be costly. Its due every 15000 mile right? how much is it? Any other major maintenance cost every so often?

4. I plan to keep NSX pretty much forever because it is such a classic car, I think the look will never to outdated. But Since NSX is an older car, are the parts getting harder to find? For example the engines or the tranny.

5. any other things I should be concern about?

thanks in advance for all who reply!

Do your research. Check out the wiki pages here on the forums. There is tons of information in there and will probably answer 90% of your questions. Just make sure the car is up to date on Maintenance and you should be good. If your going to mod it I reccomend a 91-94 cheaper to come by.

Don't take this the wrong way or get insulted but if the NSX is truly Beautiful and Classic why throw a wide body kit on it? Just curious. not saying I don't like the sorcery kit just want to know? I think people that have never driven the car should once they buy it keep it stock for a year and enjoy it, and then modify it. That way you can truly enjoy the pure experience that Honda intended.

Other than that welcome and good luck on your search. Like I said do your research and take your time in finding the right one.

Do your research. Check out the wiki pages here on the forums. There is tons of information in there and will probably answer 90% of your questions. Just make sure the car is up to date on Maintenance and you should be good. If your going to mod it I reccomend a 91-94 cheaper to come by.

Don't take this the wrong way or get insulted but if the NSX is truly Beautiful and Classic why throw a wide body kit on it? Just curious. not saying I don't like the sorcery kit just want to know? I think people that have never driven the car should once they buy it keep it stock for a year and enjoy it, and then modify it. That way you can truly enjoy the pure experience that Honda intended.

Other than that welcome and good luck on your search. Like I said do your research and take your time in finding the right one.

Thanks for the reply..I will look at the wiki...Wide body is just my personal preference ha..

Hello Primers!

I have been on and off this site for couple years now, I finally decide to register today..
ever since I found out about nsx, i fell in love with it..I am finally on the auto market again, and of course, the next car is going to be NSX! My budget is going to be under 30000$ and I am going to looking for any years, branded title include, under 45000 miles, But before I make my purchase, I have few questions want to ask you guys.

1. Defiantly need the sorcery wide body kit. I contact sorcery kit japan, its around 10000$ with shipping. Is there a cheaper alternative then that? any company offer good quality replica kit? how much?

2. What do I need to watch out when purchase a uses NSX? what are the common problems?

3. I know NSX is a super car, however, it suppose to be super car that is friendly for daily driving. How is the overall maintenance cost compare to my current car Infiniti G35 coupe? I know that replacing timing belt can be costly. Its due every 15000 mile right? how much is it? Any other major maintenance cost every so often?

4. I plan to keep NSX pretty much forever because it is such a classic car, I think the look will never to outdated. But Since NSX is an older car, are the parts getting harder to find? For example the engines or the tranny.

The timing belt is way more than 15K miles. More like 60-70K. There is a time limit also 6-7 years if I recall correctly (depending on model). The maintenance is probably not much more than your Infinity.

Gary

Unfortunately, a branded title car is about all you'll be able to find with the budget and mileage you specified. I would take a higher mileage car with a clean title anyday over salvaged or rebuilt unless it were done by somebody like Shawn who did it properly and had the documentation to back it up. And as much as many of us would like to keep our cars forever, there will come the day when we can no longer get in and out of the thing and could use the $ for a new (insert random body part).:frown:

Let me get this right
Your budget is 30g's

Yet you want a body kit that is 8-10g's and you want a car that is under 45,000 miles?

Hmmm I think your budget needs to be higher if you want all those prerequisites or instead lower Your your wish list.

Zaid

Let me get this right
Your budget is 30g's

Yet you want a body kit that is 8-10g's and you want a car that is under 45,000 miles?

Hmmm I think your budget needs to be higher if you want all those prerequisites or instead lower Your your wish list.

Zaid

yes, my budget for the car is 30k...my total budget towards the car is going to be around 45k...the additional 15 k is going to spend on modification. under $30k under 45k miles is hard to find, but they d pop up once in a while.

im not repling to this thread anymore it took a turn for the " stupid "

I want to buy an NSX for $XXX 1/3rd of that on the car itself and the rest on a body kits and mods.

classic

and now

Epic

Hello Primers!

Why the hell would you buy a branded title car and have a budget under $30k, but then have a $10k budget to buy a widebody kit for it? Here is a crazy idea...buy a GOOD clean title car, and worry about the appearance of the car afterwards. If you are buying a shitty wrecked car and then dumping an extra 30% of the purchase price into a body kit (not counting the labor to make the kit fit correctly), you are spending your money poorly. I am not trying to be mean, but you are doing this totally bass ackwards.

Why the hell would you buy a branded title car and have a budget under $30k, but then have a $10k budget to buy a widebody kit for it? Here is a crazy idea...buy a GOOD clean title car, and worry about the appearance of the car afterwards. If you are buying a shitty wrecked car and then dumping an extra 30% of the purchase price into a body kit (not counting the labor to make the kit fit correctly), you are spending your money poorly. I am not trying to be mean, but you are doing this totally bass ackwards.

I agree with Mitch 110%.

The NSX is drop dead gorgeous as it is already. Why throw 1/3 of the money for the body kit rather spending something wisely. How old are you and what do you do for living?

Listen to the comments posted.

I have nothing more to add to this thread.

Super car or not, the NSX deserves better...

Just find one that is already ruined with the sorcery kit, problem solved.

Do what you want, its your car, there is so much negativety on this site towards new and prospective owners its ridiculous especially if they are going to mod a car in a way that others may not agree with.
You can find plenty of clean examples here and there for a price at or around 30k, just do your research on the wiki, read up on what to look for when shopping for a NSX and go from there. I wouldn't limit yourself to 45k miles though, its a Honda, at your price range you may find a well maintained 70,80 or 90k car that has been well maintained that would suit you perfectly. If you are planning on doing an 02 conversion, which I assume you are if your looking at the Sorcery kit, make sure you budget for that or even better find one that already has a the 02 conversion and save yourself a little $$. Don't worry about "ruining" a NSX by going widebody, throw your OEM parts up for sale in the marketplace and they will go towards the resurrection of another NSX project elsewhere, see, everybody wins!! Once you get your car, if you want any help on your widebody project, drop me a pm, I would be happy to help you out in any way I can. Good luck on your search.

im not repling to this thread anymore it took a turn for the " stupid "

I want to buy an NSX for $XXX 1/3rd of that on the car itself and the rest on a body kits and mods.

classic

and now

Epic

NSX needs update. its an older car..if it is going to be my daily driver, it defiantly going to need a double din with nav, I have even thought to put in a complete key less entry, and starting system.....again body kit is just personal preference. and some time branded title isnt that bad, I just need to find the right one that everything function properly....

I think why everyone is getting mad is cause the early NSX's are getting into the price range where the young fast & furious want-to-bes can afford them and the first thing they do is ruin a perfectly good car with a wild kit. Its your car do with what you want. If you like it run with it. What I like won't be the same as the next guy.

because I want to modify the car towards my taste.. I can buy a nsx with good condition thats is 45k, but then I am going to modify it later, that will add up total cost to 60k.... then it will give me a feeling of I did not spend my money wisely, 60 could get me a very nice used car that do not need to modify, for example, the 2005 Aston Martin DB9, or a Maserati grand tourismo.

I think I am doing the right way for trying to keep my total budget down, rather than thinking I can always comes up with the money later... Each person only earns certain amount of money for their entire life, whether or not make up the money later, it still part of your life long earning... the later money isnt free....

because I want to modify the car towards my taste.. I can buy a nsx with good condition thats is 45k, but then I am going to modify it later, that will add up total cost to 60k.... then it will give me a feeling of I did not spend my money wisely, 60 could get me a very nice used car that do not need to modify, for example, the 2005 Aston Martin DB9, or a Maserati grand tourismo.

I think I am doing the right way for trying to keep my total budget down, rather than thinking I can always comes up with the money later... Each person only earns certain amount of money for their entire life, whether or not make up the money later, it still part of your life long earning... the later money isnt free....

think your going to wish you stuck the money into something like "go fast" parts and some wheels instead of the kit IMHO.

I agree with Mitch 110%.

The NSX is drop dead gorgeous as it is already. Why throw 1/3 of the money for the body kit rather spending something wisely. How old are you and what do you do for living?

You Know I don't really like the 91 version of NSX, I like the 2001 version better, I did have thought about just do the conversion and NSX-R wings. But I still think its kind of mild. So that is why I want sorcery, that give it little bit more kick.....

I dont want to spend 1/3 of my money on body kit, that is why I ask for replica kit help...I have experience with body good and bad replica kit..a good replica kit can safe a lot of money and can just look as fine..... I also want double din and keyless entry. and interior modify, such as trims, seats and other leather parts.

I am 25 years old and still a college student.graduating in few month....I do promotional items for living. Visit ggpromo.com to view the product I offer, thanks.

Do what you want, its your car, there is so much negativety on this site towards new and prospective owners its ridiculous especially if they are going to mod a car in a way that others may not agree with.
You can find plenty of clean examples here and there for a price at or around 30k, just do your research on the wiki, read up on what to look for when shopping for a NSX and go from there. I wouldn't limit yourself to 45k miles though, its a Honda, at your price range you may find a well maintained 70,80 or 90k car that has been well maintained that would suit you perfectly. If you are planning on doing an 02 conversion, which I assume you are if your looking at the Sorcery kit, make sure you budget for that or even better find one that already has a the 02 conversion and save yourself a little $$. Don't worry about "ruining" a NSX by going widebody, throw your OEM parts up for sale in the marketplace and they will go towards the resurrection of another NSX project elsewhere, see, everybody wins!! Once you get your car, if you want any help on your widebody project, drop me a pm, I would be happy to help you out in any way I can. Good luck on your search.

Thanks a lot haha, you seems very mature... a lot of people do not understand that different people have different taste, and they all try to convince you to think like them or have same taste like them... If they look macro way, they should ask why body kit exists. ...
I will defiantly not limit the car under 45000 miles.. I see them pop up once a while, but if they are 10k over in a good condition, I will for sure consider them..I am normal when buying a car,I just didnt state it in my article haha...my I will definitely PM you if I need help. thanks a lot again.

You Know I don't really like the 91 version of NSX, I like the 2001 version better, I did have thought about just do the conversion and NSX-R wings. But I still think its kind of mild. So that is why I want sorcery, that give it little bit more kick.....

I dont want to spend 1/3 of my money on body kit, that is why I ask for replica kit help...I have experience with body good and bad replica kit..a good replica kit can safe a lot of money and can just look as fine..... I also want double din and keyless entry. and interior modify, such as trims, seats and other leather parts.

I am 25 years old and still a college student.graduating in few month....I do promotional items for living. Visit ggpromo.com to view the product I offer, thanks.

1991 vs. 2001?

There is no difference cosmetically between those years!!!

Zaid

I think why everyone is getting mad is cause the early NSX's are getting into the price range where the young fast & furious want-to-bes can afford them and the first thing they do is ruin a perfectly good car with a wild kit. Its your car do with what you want. If you like it run with it. What I like won't be the same as the next guy.

I dont get it, how come people do not know that different people have different taste. just like cloth..younger tend to go fashion way, older tend to go casual way.......there is reason for the body kit market to be exist.. that means I am not the only one likes body kit...plus I did not want to spend that much money on it anyway, that is why I ask to see if there is quality replica kit available...body kit is not rocket science. just few piece plastic mold in a certain way...

Back