• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Primers! please help out a future nsx owner

think your going to wish you stuck the money into something like "go fast" parts and some wheels instead of the kit IMHO.

yeah wheels defiantly need them. and nice tires....people misunderstood me.. I ask for replica sorcery kits...I did not say I want to spend all my money on body kit...there is a lot of modification need to do... double din, interior leather, keyless. etc.

I dont think I want to mess with mechanical part. its too complicate for me..

Are you on the seven year plan at college?

No, I drop out of high school...after couple years of fool around, I decide to get my GED, and go back to college. I started out on community college and earn good GPA and transfer to a pretty well known university that its business school is rank top 15 by us news....

thats is why i am 25 years old and still in college...dont make fun of me.. I was told that its never too late to start..

No, I drop out of high school...after couple years of fool around, I decide to get my GED, and go back to college. I started out on community college and earn good GPA and transfer to a pretty well known university that its business school is rank top 15 by us news....

thats is why i am 25 years old and still in college...dont make fun of me.. I was told that its never too late to start..

It's sometimes a tough crowd around here, don't let them bug you too much. I got off to a late start too, and I'm doing exactly what I want in life right now.

As for your search for an NSX, if you have the desire to modify the heck out of the car you'd be a lot better off by saving a bit of money on a car that has had some body damage (but not been totaled). You're going to replace these body panels, anyway, right? That might put you at a much better price so you can (a) spend more on modifications, (b) get a lower-mileage car, or (c) jump into a newer year model and get things like a targa top.

Like GT-Theory said, I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage (within reason). As long as the car has been taken care of and the servicing has been done, you can probably open up your search to more than just cars with <45,000 miles.

Congrats on getting things back on track. Sometimes written posts on the internet have a lot of information left out, which is understandable. However, when someone makes a post that most of us know is going to be a difficult thing to accomplish, some of us get very skeptical. If you can achieve your goals then good for you. However some of the goals in what people want to so in acquiring an NSX are sometimes are unobtainable. Point in case, our friend who bragged about getting a 2004 NSX RHD from his fiancées father.

Good luck and buy the best car possible. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Do what you want, its your car, there is so much negativety on this site towards new and prospective owners its ridiculous especially if they are going to mod a car in a way that others may not agree with.
You can find plenty of clean examples here and there for a price at or around 30k, just do your research on the wiki, read up on what to look for when shopping for a NSX and go from there. I wouldn't limit yourself to 45k miles though, its a Honda, at your price range you may find a well maintained 70,80 or 90k car that has been well maintained that would suit you perfectly. If you are planning on doing an 02 conversion, which I assume you are if your looking at the Sorcery kit, make sure you budget for that or even better find one that already has a the 02 conversion and save yourself a little $$. Don't worry about "ruining" a NSX by going widebody, throw your OEM parts up for sale in the marketplace and they will go towards the resurrection of another NSX project elsewhere, see, everybody wins!! Once you get your car, if you want any help on your widebody project, drop me a pm, I would be happy to help you out in any way I can. Good luck on your search.
I agree 100%.. It's your money, your car once you buy it. Do what you want and take all the negativity with a grain of salt.. Some folks gave you some good advice here, good luck with your search!
Bob

As others have already stated, if you find the car it will be yours and you can do with it what you please. I would however suggest you take some time to consider if now is actually the right time to be buying an NSX, especially one you plan to turn into a project car.

For the past few years, every time I’ve technically had ‘enough’ money to buy another car, I’ve been glad I didn’t. I just picked up my NSX yesterday, and I’m very happy that I waited until I was certain that I actually had the 40k to spare, which is very different from just having the money.

Obviously I don’t know the details of your situation and I can’t tell you what you should be doing. I just know that when I finished up college it resulted in a string of extra expenses, IE getting married, buying a house, buying my wife a car; and now remodeling the house etc etc.

That being said..I would join those suggesting you don’t mess with the look of the car. Save your money for HP mods :wink:

because I want to modify the car towards my taste.. I can buy a nsx with good condition thats is 45k, but then I am going to modify it later, that will add up total cost to 60k.... then it will give me a feeling of I did not spend my money wisely, 60 could get me a very nice used car that do not need to modify, for example, the 2005 Aston Martin DB9, or a Maserati grand tourismo.

I think I am doing the right way for trying to keep my total budget down, rather than thinking I can always comes up with the money later... Each person only earns certain amount of money for their entire life, whether or not make up the money later, it still part of your life long earning... the later money isnt free....

Think about this under the 'spending your money wisely' part, because I think you are failing to see it. If you buy a branded title car (or just a car that is an absolute dog) and then dump a ton of money into a body kit, and then you hit a financial hardship, how much money do you think you are going to get out of that branded title car? I do not care how much you spend on the mods, the branded title (or simply poor quality car) will mean you essentially threw the money away, because other people shopping for an NSX will NOT pay you a premium because they recognize the base car is low quality. I really think you need to realize that. Lets say you buy a $25k branded title / or crap condition car (that will no doubt have OTHER issues mechanically), dump $10k into a body kit, maybe $4k for wheels to fit the widebody since normal wheels would not be wide enough, and now you have just under $40k into a car just after body kit and wheels. Sh*t happens and you have a financial hardship and have to sell the car. To the general public your car is STILL only worth $20k - $25k because the car UNDER all of that body kit is still either branded title or a crap car. Congrats, you just lost $15k. Tell me how THAT is spending your money wisely?

To be clear....I do not care what mods someone does to a car, but I hate to see someone make what is a very poorly thought out financial decision.

Last edited:
Think about this under the 'spending your money wisely' part, because I think you are failing to see it. If you buy a branded title car (or just a car that is an absolute dog) and then dump a ton of money into a body kit, and then you hit a financial hardship, how much money do you think you are going to get out of that branded title car? I do not care how much you spend on the mods, the branded title (or simply poor quality car) will mean you essentially threw the money away, because other people shopping for an NSX will NOT pay you a premium because they recognize the base car is low quality. I really think you need to realize that. Lets say you buy a $25k branded title / or crap condition car (that will no doubt have OTHER issues mechanically), dump $10k into a body kit, maybe $4k for wheels to fit the widebody since normal wheels would not be wide enough, and now you have just under $40k into a car just after body kit and wheels. Sh*t happens and you have a financial hardship and have to sell the car. To the general public your car is STILL only worth $20k - $25k because the car UNDER all of that body kit is still either branded title or a crap car. Congrats, you just lost $15k. Tell me how THAT is spending your money wisely?

To be clear....I do not care what mods someone does to a car, but I hate to see someone make what is a very poorly thought out financial decision.

I couldn't agree more...I think its a big mistake to get a branded car. I know some will say they can make it better than new. That might be true but the car will always be seen as wearing a scarlet letter.

FYI-I just sold my 91 Blk/Ivy with 53k miles in superb conditon and completely sorted for under 30k. Just be patient you'll find the right CLEAN car. Then enjoy your mods...body kits aren't my thing...but I can appreciate the work that goes into a proper build. The only thing I think that irks most NSX lovers(me included) is when people do it on a nickel and dime budget. It is a hand built supercar that deserves its owners respect and cheap or knock off parts should be off limits. Just IMHO...enjoy the hunt(for me its the best part) and the car.

Mods only get you 25cents for every dollar you spend if that..a SC may bring you more than 25cents...but make no mistake about it, body kits are money pits specially on a car of nsx caliber.
Remember your taste may not be the netxt guys taste.
Unmolested stock cars will always command top dollar.
So spend your money wisely!!!

It's sometimes a tough crowd around here, don't let them bug you too much. I got off to a late start too, and I'm doing exactly what I want in life right now.

As for your search for an NSX, if you have the desire to modify the heck out of the car you'd be a lot better off by saving a bit of money on a car that has had some body damage (but not been totaled). You're going to replace these body panels, anyway, right? That might put you at a much better price so you can (a) spend more on modifications, (b) get a lower-mileage car, or (c) jump into a newer year model and get things like a targa top.

Like GT-Theory said, I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage (within reason). As long as the car has been taken care of and the servicing has been done, you can probably open up your search to more than just cars with <45,000 miles.

Thank you for your reply....
I have definitely thought about cars that have just some damage on their bodies..in fact it is one of my primary goal...
When I said salvage car include, people immediately think that I am going to buy a junk. which is not the case..I will not buy a salvage car that got major impact on the important mechanical part, such as engine..I will only buy salvage title car with minor important mechanical area damage, or body damages, for example, hail damaged NSX, and I will definitely require proper document up on purchasing...

Salvage cars are sometime not as bad as people think..especially for an used exotic cars due to their high repair cost.. My infinity is not an exotic, but when I rear end someone last year going less then 25 miles per hour, the insurance quote the repair cost almost 6000...they quoted 800$ for the headlight (with just some scratch, I end up fix it myself), $500 for the grill, 500 for the front bumper ( which just some scratch as well, I bought an after market to replace it, kept the old one and trying to sell it for a couple hundred buck), those quote are all exclude labor... and after repair, my car runs flawless.. That is also why I have the gut to buy an salvage car, i am sure NSX's part are not going to be any cheaper then g35, thus is going to be salvage really easy.. If the major mechanical part are not damaged, after repair, the car will runs just fine..

As others have already stated, if you find the car it will be yours and you can do with it what you please. I would however suggest you take some time to consider if now is actually the right time to be buying an NSX, especially one you plan to turn into a project car.

For the past few years, every time I’ve technically had ‘enough’ money to buy another car, I’ve been glad I didn’t. I just picked up my NSX yesterday, and I’m very happy that I waited until I was certain that I actually had the 40k to spare, which is very different from just having the money.

Obviously I don’t know the details of your situation and I can’t tell you what you should be doing. I just know that when I finished up college it resulted in a string of extra expenses, IE getting married, buying a house, buying my wife a car; and now remodeling the house etc etc.

That being said..I would join those suggesting you don’t mess with the look of the car. Save your money for HP mods :wink:

Hey thanks for your post.. the downside of a posting on a forum is that it gives very limited information for the poster...
I did have consider everything you mentioned, and I know that I am in a good financial situations for the car after consider them... that is why I said I am finally in the car market again on my post.. I am not some fast and furious wanna be high school kid ha dont worry.

I do not like to mess around with the HP mods. It is too complicated for me.. plus its going to be a daily driver, I want make the mpg as good as possible.

hey I read about ur nsx unveil Detroit auto shop thread, it was helpful...

I had paint full experience on body kits, for example, on my 07 honda accord coupe, I new nothing about exterior mod that time and I did loose few thousand dollars on it... I did also have pleasant experience on body kits, for example, on my second car infinity g35 coupe.. I love the outcome and I get complement from a lot of people. but with that been said, I am also aware that every dollar mod only gets 25 cent back, (quote s2knsx)..

Also my thread does not give enough information, I absolutely not plan to dump 10000 into body kit mods..that is why I ask for help to see if there are replica kits avaliable, at most I think I am going to spend 5000 on it.. the rest of the money going to be spend on wheels (used one), tires, interior upholstery, double din, keyless start and entry, led tail lights, etc.

I couldn't agree more...I think its a big mistake to get a branded car. I know some will say they can make it better than new. That might be true but the car will always be seen as wearing a scarlet letter.

FYI-I just sold my 91 Blk/Ivy with 53k miles in superb conditon and completely sorted for under 30k. Just be patient you'll find the right CLEAN car. Then enjoy your mods...body kits aren't my thing...but I can appreciate the work that goes into a proper build. The only thing I think that irks most NSX lovers(me included) is when people do it on a nickel and dime budget. It is a hand built supercar that deserves its owners respect and cheap or knock off parts should be off limits. Just IMHO...enjoy the hunt(for me its the best part) and the car.

I said in my thread that i am going to look for under 30k, and under 45k miles is just short of rough idea. It wasnt like if the car price at 30001, or the car is 46000 miles then I will not consider them.. condition and price both play important part to me, I just got to balance them out. my apolozy for not state it clear enough on my thread..

I will consider branded car I had experience accident with my g35, and I see how crazy insurance quote for luxury car repairs..Thus I think car like NSX will easily be salvaged. I just need to find one that did not involve in major mechanical impact. An ideal one will be hail damage, or accidents that have long scratch on the side of the car..

Do what you want, its your car, there is so much negativety on this site towards new and prospective owners its ridiculous especially if they are going to mod a car in a way that others may not agree with.
You can find plenty of clean examples here and there for a price at or around 30k, just do your research on the wiki, read up on what to look for when shopping for a NSX and go from there. I wouldn't limit yourself to 45k miles though, its a Honda, at your price range you may find a well maintained 70,80 or 90k car that has been well maintained that would suit you perfectly. If you are planning on doing an 02 conversion, which I assume you are if your looking at the Sorcery kit, make sure you budget for that or even better find one that already has a the 02 conversion and save yourself a little $$. Don't worry about "ruining" a NSX by going widebody, throw your OEM parts up for sale in the marketplace and they will go towards the resurrection of another NSX project elsewhere, see, everybody wins!! Once you get your car, if you want any help on your widebody project, drop me a pm, I would be happy to help you out in any way I can. Good luck on your search.

Agreed. Everyone just kept repeating themselves. Annoying as hell. I don't think its the greatest idea for a rebuild. Personally, id still look for a "good" condition one, but when its done, it will look awesome.

Read my build thread! http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124252

You mentioned the sorcery kit replica or authentic, FYi it fits like crap doesn't matter which one you get. You will need to budget in labor, materials, your time to research more etc etc it keeps going... It is not cheap. Unless you are a DIYer it will cost a mass amount of money to get this done correctly regardless of a branded title or clear. Kit authentic 10k plus/replica 3k, labor to do all that depends if your body guy really wants to do the sectioning, re-glass and so on. Your patience will be tested.

Paint: Factor in this and your above 4k plus on the cheap side unless your a DIYer or have someone who really loves you and does it for 2k or less. This also requires material, labor etc etc. Money....

Proper wheels and tires.

Suspension: with the kit you will need coil overs etc unless you find a car with. Do not go 4x4 flame suit on if you post a pic.

Updated front unless you buy one with your looking at anywhere from 4k up to 6500.00 for an update.

Sorcery kit doesn't include a hood: Unless you go a cheap route and order seibon or versus your still paying more money to get this done.

The kit does not fit the OEM rear valence: unless your going half ass it will not look good period. Modification to get this to fit an OEM 02plus which is more money. Your looking at pre 02 so far that doesn't have the valence to match the kit.

Your suggested double din audio and keyless entry. New console modded or bought.

I can keep going but your 45k isn't going to cut it.

I would do as suggested, get one, get it serviced, then see where you stand. You will notice your budget not in reach.

The above doesn't include any other details that you can endure.

IF you don't have patience and the extra mulla to do so I would suggest keeping the car as is.

Fwiw, dreams are nice and your vision is what you see but remember some things are better left as a dream.

And there you have it. The do's and the don'ts. They are well explained.

If I were you, I would not listen or take any advice from the other guys, especially with your situation.

THIS WILL CONCLUDE THE TOPIC.

If there is anyone whom u should listen to
On this whole thread u started its GIL
Look through prime and all the work he went through to get to that point.
If GIL says it ain't worth it or that your budget is too low then that is good enough for me!!!

Zaid

Here is one for sale that was done correctly. It is documented here on Prime.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157143

Here is another one. This looks like what you are trying to do. Be prepared to bring money to the table.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154077

You missed 1TiteNSX's car by a few months.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114755

^^ I would go this route unless you have deep pockets and lots of time. These type projects are great hobbies and plenty of people have fun doing it, but the budget is quite high.

Back