• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Product Review : RM Cold Air Intake

Edo

Experienced Member
RM's Cold Air intake consists of 1 Cylindrical (as opposed to conical) K&N Filter, with a filter on both the outside of the cylinder AND on the inside. It also includes about 3 feet of piping, 3 hose clamps and 1 plastic collector peice. When I received the Kit, the Neck of the Air Filter did not fit the rubber peice coming off of the Throttle body. The previous setup I had was the K&N Filtercharger it, whose adapter peice conveniently fits RM's Filter. The Ducting didnt quite fit inside the fenderwell, and pushes the inside fendercover out a bit. (This could be due to my bad installation) You are required to drill a few holes to secure the End of the Cold Air ducting, but the location isnt very clear and I ended up not drilling holes at all.

As for performance, I did not notice any increase/change in power, or induction noise from the Standard K&N FIPK. I do not know if this mod gives you any extra power, but I do not recommend it for anyone who is looking to get a power increase from it. It looks cool, sounds cool and thats about it.

Back