• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Production end for the NSX

Did any of you guys red the February 2005 Motortrend? It has a profile of the 50 most powerful people in the autoindustry. Anyways number 18 features Honda Motor CEO, Takeo Fukui. Motor Trend mentions "He axed the next generation NSX, which makes sense financially, but leaves Honda without a halo car to capitalize on its return to form in F1". Does this now make the NSX a collectors item? I wonder when the last year of the current model will take place.

kaiser-nsx said:
older NSX are already collector's item.
they are all bound to be collectors items soon.

A friend of mine called me about a '91 NSX with 11,900 miles that is for sale. Evidently the seller believes it is a collectors item already, because he wants about $40,000 for it. :eek:

kaiser-nsx said:
wow 40k? thats too much.
it must be mint though with that low mileage.

It supposedly is. Garaged, rarely driven. :frown:

Meeyatch1 said:
A friend of mine called me about a '91 NSX with 11,900 miles that is for sale. Evidently the seller believes it is a collectors item already, because he wants about $40,000 for it. :eek:
If it's mind condition, I'll bet you could get 35K easy in California.

I don't know about it being a collector's item. I initially thought that it might, but the longer it stays in production, the more examples there will be. The NSX really isn't as rare as other "collectibles", and they have depreciated to a point that most people can easily afford a used early model NSX.

The NSX owners that I know that bought it new for the prestige factor, have moved on to other cars. They don't like seeing 20 years olds driving a car that they bought for approx $90K when new.

In all honesty, I believe this board shows this. The demographic has definitely shifted to the younger enthusiasts. The older gents that bought it new like myself are here because we like the car for what it is, not for the prestige or the collectability.

I salude you on that one. Couldn't put it better myself. :smile:

RyRy210 said:
I don't know about it being a collector's item. I initially thought that it might, but the longer it stays in production, the more examples there will be. The NSX really isn't as rare as other "collectibles", and they have depreciated to a point that most people can easily afford a used early model NSX.

The NSX owners that I know that bought it new for the prestige factor, have moved on to other cars. They don't like seeing 20 years olds driving a car that they bought for approx $90K when new.

In all honesty, I believe this board shows this. The demographic has definitely shifted to the younger enthusiasts. The older gents that bought it new like myself are here because we like the car for what it is, not for the prestige or the collectability.

Back