• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

programming 2-step

Does anyone have any experience programming a two step on a turbocharged nsx. The car now runs 11.1 with a 1.86 60 foot. I think if I could get a 1.5-1.6 60 foot I can come close to a 10.5 or better? Any help would be great. Right now my two step is set on the speed sensor set at 4 mph. The fuel is cut at 4250 the ignition is cut at 4200 and the retard rev is set at 4100(whatever that is ). I am going to change the two step to work off of the clutch switch.Then I will begin to learn how to get a better 60 foot time.Any help will be appeciated......Brian

What tires are you running? I would think that you could get 1.6 60' pretty easily on slicks - maybe better - if you think you need more instantaneous reaction time from the 2step, try setting the mph lower, also are you making boost on the line with your current settings?

Yes I did run slicks but they were bias ply and my front are radials and the went out of control at 80 mph, when I contacted MT they said it was because of the mis of bias ply and radial. I also speed shift and dont lift off of the throttle so if I hooked up the two step to the clutch switch it would activate the two step during shifts.Yes it is at 10 lbs of boost at the line.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx8L3AgUjTc This was the bad run with slicks

dont use clutch switch. have it engage by tps and speed. set to 7km and start from 4500 and start practicing until you find the sweet spot by rasing rpm's. I would upgrade the axles. You will not be able to launch those at 600whp with slicks. YOU WILL BRAKE THINGS.

warren 1205 do you have any experience with this setup and what is the best 60 foot time you have posted with an NSX set up like this?

I just finished building a 93 240sx with a 2jzgte on e85, t72, 28psi, haltech sport 200 single walbro to can to dual bosch 044 pumps and 1200cc injectors 788whp. vlsd and 99 q45 3.56 rear end did a q45 31 spline axles and snapped one of them on my first try. doing 5.5K rpm's 14psi using anti lag launch. So, I don't have a time for you yet until maybe next week. the 31 spline are comparable to mk4 turbo supra axles and have been rated at over 800whp launches. I believe the nsx spline count is 29 and i was running 31.

Last edited:
Hey warren good to hear from you. I thought that using a clutch switch might be easier on the driveline if I shift not lifting the accelerator and letting the computer and switch stutter the engine,just in case if I missed a shift.I did not even consider the damage I might do on the launch.Thanks for the input, and good to see you back on the forum.the car has been a lot of fun and a great project.let me know if you want any pics of the new exhust and intercooler setup.

Back