• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospective Owner from Southern California

Hey guys, my name is Mikael. I am 25 years old and a native Southern Californian. This is my first post on this forum, but have been active on other Honda forums for a while. I am currently at the Orange County Sheriff's Academy and have decided that I want to buy an NSX as my first big purchase after I graduate in 2 months. it has been a car I have drooled over since I can remember. I am not new to Hondas. I currently own an AP2 s2000 that I have had for almost 7 years. I will not be selling the s2k, instead the NSX and s2k will end up being weekend cars as I already have a crappy car for DD'ing purposes. I dont plan on buying an NSX for 6 months or so, so i have plenty of time to learn as much as I can about this amazing car.

For those that are interested, here are some pics of my s2000. It is Comptech supercharged making about 300whp at just 6psi. It has been a great car and I plan on never selling it!!

Very nice S2k. It is definitely a very progression to go from a S2K to NSX.

The socal community is very large and most likely you'll be seeing everyone around on the streets.

Very nice S2k. It is definitely a very progression to go from a S2K to NSX.

The socal community is very large and most likely you'll be seeing everyone around on the streets.

Thank you! I am sure the socal community will be a big help when the time comes to pull the triggee. For now I will lurk and learn as much as I can.

That's a nice, clean and tasteful S2k you've got there! I bet it's a blast to drive! I was looking at AP2's when I was shopping, but ultimately I had to go for what I had always wanted since high school. I'd still like to add one to the stable some day though. The NSX Wiki here has a treasure trove of information to help you get a good start, and everyone here is very helpful should you have any specific questions. Good luck and happy hunting!

That's a nice, clean and tasteful S2k you've got there! I bet it's a blast to drive! I was looking at AP2's when I was shopping, but ultimately I had to go for what I had always wanted since high school. I'd still like to add one to the stable some day though. The NSX Wiki here has a treasure trove of information to help you get a good start, and everyone here is very helpful should you have any specific questions. Good luck and happy hunting!

Like the NSX, s2k prices are on the rise!! S2ki is one of the best automotive forums out there. I hope this forum is equally as helpful!

Like the NSX, s2k prices are on the rise!! S2ki is one of the best automotive forums out there. I hope this forum is equally as helpful!

Welcome. Read up on the Wiki page and good luck with your search. The prices are on the rise so better to buy sooner, rather than later. Also, have CR prices skyrocketed yet?

Welcome. Read up on the Wiki page and good luck with your search. The prices are on the rise so better to buy sooner, rather than later. Also, have CR prices skyrocketed yet?

CR prices are always on the rise. They have not sky rocketed yet though. I dont think the car has reached collector's status yet like the NSX has. A low mileage CR will cost 32k+ all day long.

I got to test drive drive 2 NSXs over the weekend.

The first was a 94 with 98k miles. it was brooklands green pearl on tan interior. I really dont want a green car BUT i thought the color was better looking in person than i thought it would be. The car was in average condition. They were asking 45k.
-i really enjoyed not having power steering. The steering feel was fantastic. Much better than my s2000 which has electronic power steering. I thought the 5 speed shifted smooth but the gears seemed way too long.

The second was a private seller. it was a 98 with 85k miles. It was new formula red on black interior. The car was in good condition, but not great. the seller was asking 55k but seemed negotiable.

-was surprised how much faster the 3.2 liter motor felt. I am sure the shorter gears of the 6 speed had something to do with it.
-New formula red looked much better in person than it does in photos. I should have already known this because NFR s2000 look great in person too.
-Even with power steering, the steering feel was excellent. Tons of feedback from the chassis.

I was surprised how quiet both cars were from inside the cabin. I thought engine is really muted when inside. That is an easy fix though. Glad to get some seat time in the car, and see what theyre all about.

Last edited:
Back