• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters

PROSPEED Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters

Hi Fellow Primers,

I am proud to introduce the Prospeed Hi-flow Cats for the 91-94 NSX as well as the 95-99 NSX which we will start production on early next week.

The Prospeed Hi-flow Cats will be a direct bolt on replacement for your OEM cats or Test pipe. They is a great chance to upgrade your old 17 year old clogged cats and not only make more horsepower but lose weight from the OEM cats. The OEM cats are extremely expensive at a little over $2000+ for the pair so this is a great alternative over the OEM cats. The Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats will also pass 48 state emissions for all OBD-1 NSX's 300 cell versions will pass CA emissions. Testing for OBDII will be done shortly after completion of the 95-99 year cats.

Details:
- We offer 200 SS cell cores that flow 400+ CFM
- We offer 300 cell cores and 400 cells cores to help with passing emissions.
- Full high flow metal substrate cores
- Tubing are high grade 304 Stainless Steel
- All pipes are 2.25" to match properly to your aftermarket headers and exhaust
- Fully TIG welded and tested to fit
- Flanges are laser cut for proper fitment
- Comes complete with gaskets and Hi Grade bolts, nuts and washers
- Light weight design
- Advantages of a test pipe without the smell, raspy sound and the black bumpers
- Low cost, OEM cats retail for over $2000+
- Bolt on, no welding involved
- Completely Made In The USA
- Go Green! Get rid of your test pipe and save the planet!
- OBD II EPA Compliant for 48 states. (Also EURO III Compliant)
- Confirmed to pass smog in Ca for both OBD I and OBD II NSX's

Applications:
-91-94 NSX
-95-99 NSX
-00-05 NSX

Versions:
-2.0"
-2.25"
-custom flanges for 97+ headers on 91-96 NSX.

Availability:
-91-94
-95-99 (7/3/08) Currently in production.
-00-05 (TBA)

Price:
91-94 - $575
95-99 - $549
00-05 - $549

Disclaimer: FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY

-GROUP BUY-

I will be offering a Group buy offer for the first 10 buyers. I am doing my best to keep cost down for everyone. I could have saved money having it MIG welded or to use low grade hardware but I want to use only high quality parts for our NSX's. You will be happy with the quality of our cats.

COMBO SPECIAL!

We will also be offering a combo special for the Prospeed ROM tune chip with the Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats.

PROSPEED ROM TUNE information can be found here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96360
Price: $349

PROSPEED Hi-Flow Cats
Price: $575

Please PM me for more details and ordering information. First come first serve.

More pics coming soon including installation and dyno graph!

Cat2_WP.jpg

Cat_WP.jpg

IMG_8689copy.jpg

IMG_8699copy.jpg

IMG_9239-OL.jpg

IMG_9262copy.jpg

<EMBED src=http://i17.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/coldfizzle/PROSPEEDHi-FLOWCats.flv width=448 height=361 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">

DYNO PROVEN!

We finally had time to get the test mule on the dyno. We were pleased with the final results after adding on the Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats. The higher flowing cats really showed itself down low with an increase in torque of up to 5 ft lbs of torque at a usable 4000 rpm. We made our most torque and HP ever at 267.5 HP and 205.12 ft lbs. of torque. The only change was the Prospeed Hi-flow Cats. No fuel or ignition timing was done to the car. I am personally happy with the upgrade. Increase HP, lighter weight then OEM cat (approx. 12-13 lbs savings) and a nice deep "growling" sound exhaust. We will be testing out the 95-99 soon. We believe the restriction is greater on the later model NSX's due to the diameter of the opening on the OEM cats. check out the results below...

IMG_9276copy.jpg

IMG_9277copy.jpg

DETAILS

Dyno: Dynapak dynometer (Thanks to Bisi from Bisimoto engineering for using the facility)

The car has about 65,XXX miles on it (1991 NSX, 5 speed)
Mods- Stock airbox with comptech filter, Taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, Prospeed Stage 3 Rom Chip and Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats.

NOTE: We compared our most recent hp from the last time we dynoed on the 28th of MAY to our dyno with the Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats on the 22nd of July. Both runs were done SAE corrected to eliminate variables. Also on may 28th temps. were 78 degrees F. vs 98 degrees F. on July 22nd.

PROSPEED HI-FLOW CATS
PSHighFlowCat2copy.jpg

RESULTS

Blue dotted line indicates run with comptech filter, taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, and Prospeed Rom Stage 3.

Blue solid line indicates run with comptech filter, taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, Prospeed Rom Stage 3 and Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats.

-Peak 267.5 HP with 205.12ft lbs of torque
-As you can see we picked up around 2 hp to 5 hp Throughout the power band. 5 hp at 7280rpm.
-The NSX saw excellent gains in torque gain from 2ft lbs of torque to 5ft lbs of torque.
-Torque can be felt from around 2000 to 4500 rpm.
-Noticeable increase in throttle response.
-Slightly louder then the stock OEM cats but doesn't drone or have that raspy sound normally associated with test pipes.
-Part throttle driving and cruising still remains fairly quiet. Increase in decibels when you floor it.
-12-13 lbs weight savings over OEM cat.
-Greener then a test pipe and no stinky smell or black bumpers!
-Higher flow cat will be great for forced induction applications. Perfect for the Comptech supercharger owners.

Last edited:
Re: PROSPEED Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters!

Hello Brian,

Thanks for doing all the work. But if you don't mind I want to wait a little more until you have some more information about the final weight and the possibly performance advantages over the OEM converters.

Also, do you have some info on how your cats compare with those from Random Technologies as offered by SOS and Dali?

I'd be very interested in a comparion between these new cats and my "17 year old clogged" ones.

On dyno pulls, my engine pulls numbers that makes me think it hasn't lost any power from new. I'd be interested if there was clogging and power loss due to old cats.

I'd be very interested in a comparion between these new cats and my "17 year old clogged" ones.

On dyno pulls, my engine pulls numbers that makes me think it hasn't lost any power from new. I'd be interested if there was clogging and power loss due to old cats.

Hello Brian,

Thanks for doing all the work. But if you don't mind I want to wait a little more until you have some more information about the final weight and the possibly performance advantages over the OEM converters.

Also, do you have some info on how your cats compare with those from Random Technologies as offered by SOS and Dali?

Hi Maarten,

I will have final weight and more pics for everyone next week. From just weighing the parts alone we are looking to have it weigh about 9 lbs for both cats. From my understanding the Random Tech cats use 300 cell cores. I am using 200 cell cores for my 91-94 cats. They will flow more without throwing a CEL. The 200 cell cores are popular among the Porsche and Ferrari guys. I have dynoed a cat with the Random Tech cats but haven't had a chance to do a comparison.The Prospeed Hi-Flow cats will be 403 stainless steel and fully TIG welded for look and longevity. I will also have a sound test between stock/test pipe/Hi-flow cat.

UPDATE

-We are offering custom flange application Hi-flow cats. If you have an 02 header on an 91-94 style car we offer the 2 bolt style flange on one end with the 3 hole flange on the exhaust side. Complete bolt on!

- 3 slots filled! 7 left.
- 2 ROM and HI-FLOW cat combos filled 3 spots left.

You could possibly be experiencing a clogged cat. 17 years is a long time for your car and depending on condition and miles you could benefit from a new set of cats. You will also lose weight going with our Hi-Flow cats so you can't go wrong. :smile:

where are the flanges?

I'll wait for dyno and sound comparisons too.

Hi Brian,

Looking good and interested to be considered for the GB pricing as will help soften the shipping costs to the UK.

When will you be able to post pics and stats for the OBDII?

Will the pricing be the same for OBDII?

regards, Paul

Hi Brian,

Looking good and interested to be considered for the GB pricing as will help soften the shipping costs to the UK.

When will you be able to post pics and stats for the OBDII?

Will the pricing be the same for OBDII?

regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

It doesn't hurt that the Pound is a lot stronger then our Lil weak US dollar! :frown:

I will have pics for the OBDII cats by the end of next week. I have been talking to my manufacturer and he is telling me to go with the 400 cell for OBDII California emissions. I can do a custom one for you if you wish to have a 300 cell. I am not sure how stringent UK is regarding emission control. The 300 cell should not throw a CEL and it will give you the best flow for the OBDII cars. As of right now the price for the OBDII will be the same. If I get enough people getting on the list for the 95-99 style OBDII Hi-flow cats I might be able to do it for cheaper. Possibly in the range of $525 to $550 for the set(GB price). Again this depends on at least 5 people getting on the list.

Let me know guys so I can give you guys a better price. :smile:

7 Spots left!

Last edited:

Brian you know I'm in for the combo High flow cats + ROM.

+1

How much does it weigh.. I might carry it around in my trunk in case I'm stopped.. :biggrin::tongue:

UPDATE

6 Spots left. 2 pending.

Thanks for the support guys! You won't be dissapointed!

Also The Group buy price will end on July 4th. After that it will be back to retail pricing. I plan to only make a limited amount of Hi-flow cats. So get them while you can.

Last edited:

Brian,
count me in for a HFC picked up please. thanks.

Brian,
count me in for a HFC picked up please. thanks.

No problem. Adding you to the pending list.

UPDATE

I have 6 spots left and now pending 3. There are 2 spots left for the Prospeed Rom & Prospeed Hi-Flow Cat Combo.

As of right now the price for the OBDII will be the same. If I get enough people getting on the list for the 95-99 style OBDII Hi-flow cats I might be able to do it for cheaper. Possibly in the range of $525 to $550 for the set(GB price). Again this depends on at least 5 people getting on the list.

Let me know guys so I can give you guys a better price. :smile:

7 Spots left!

If the price for my 1998 is $550 or less, consider me #1 of 5.

Thx!

Brian, You have a PM :smile:

Last edited:

If the price for my 1998 is $550 or less, consider me #1 of 5.

Thx!

I am working out the price right now as I have to factor in cost of material, machining, and time. Getting it under $550 is possible. Again this is a GUESSTIMATION :biggrin: As of right now it looks good :smile: I will be able to get the final cost in a few days. The 95 to 99 Hi-Flow cats will be made fairly quickly as we have everything in stock as we speak. Just a matter of setting it on the jig and to lower cost do more then one at a time. It's important you guys let me know if you are interested so I can get the prices down for you. Again I will have pics up sometime this week for everyone to see. Thanks!

Big_D you got PM!

Brian,
I don't know much about catalytic converters. Is a 200 cell cat cleaner than 300 cell one or the other way around? My stock ones are bad and I will be getting a set from you BUT they have to ABSOLUTELY pass the smog for my 1994 CTSC NSX or I will be screwed.
Advices needed.
Steve

Last edited:

Brian,
I don't know much about catalytic converters. Is a 200 cell cat cleaner than 300 cell one or the other way around. My stock ones are bad and I will be getting a set from you BUT they have to ABSOLUTELY pass the smog for my 1994 CTSC NSX or I will be screwed.
Advices needed.
Steve

If you want to be guaranteed I will get you the 300 cell cats. They don't flow as well as the 200 cell however they should pass with flying colors. Our 300 cell cats from 350+ CFM so performance is still there. I plan to offer both as it seems everyone's needs are different.

Hi Brian,

Ok, on the basis that I can get a 300 cell option for my OBDII, and it wont throw up any issues on install, ie CEL lights, then I'm in as soon as you can post final pics.

You also have pm

regards, Paul

Last edited:

Hi Paul,

Our 400 cell cats have passed CA emissions on the OBDII cars but we have yet to test out the 300 cell for the OBDII vehicles. The 300 cell cores have passed on OBDI vehicles however. Again CA emissions are strict and im sure the 300 cell will not trip the CEL on an OBDII and still pass most emission just not in CA. It is up to you. You can choose your which core you want when you are ready to purchase. :smile:

UPDATE

5 Spots available. 3 pending. First come first serve. Completed pics coming soon.

Brian

Count me in too please, same details as Paul with shipping to the UK.
1997 3.2

Hi Brian,

Ok, on the basis that I can get a 300 cell option for my OBDII, and it wont throw up any issues on install, ie CEL lights, then I'm in as soon as you can post final pics.

You also have pm

regards, Paul

Brian,

I've got 5 OBDII's to the UK please as per my earlier pm to you, plus 1 x OBDI but think I may have more for you.

CAn you let me have some options of shipping costs etc.

regards, Paul

Back