• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters

Re: PROSPEED Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters!

HAHA!!!! GOT MINE AND INSTALLED!!! Thanks Brian. Love them. I guess I couldn't wait until tomorrow. For everyone interested, I just have a unifilter, ARK DT-X exhaust, and now Pro-Speed HFC. The sound difference is different. Almost night and day, I guess I'll have to wait on the Top-Speed headers, but there is a pretty sizable difference. Mmmm... the smell of the break-in process, forgot how that smelled like. Thanks again Brian. I'd post pictures, but they look just like Brian's, so no need in taking up bandwidth. Great product, great price, and ONLY 8.9 LBS COMBINED (beat you to it Brian :biggrin:)

Long

When will you know which cats will pass CA smog?

EDIT: OK I went back and read the thread again and it looks like 300cell will pass smog. Have you tested the 400 cel on OBDI for CA smog?

400 CEL is unnecessary for OBD1 units. The smog test for OBD1, to me, seems less stringent, therefore 300 CEL is adequate. I'm coming up to San Jose this monday - wedneday and making a trip to Sonoma (1/4 track). If you want, we can meet up, so you can take a look. This offer goes out to the rest of the Nor-cal/Socal guys (and girls) out there.

Long

How many CPI will the cats for a OBDI have in the end, 200 or 300?

How many CPI will the cats for a OBDI have in the end, 200 or 300?

We want to stay at 300 for most applications. 300 should past most emissions tests including California's tough sniffer.

UPDATE

After weighing the cats previously on a regular home scale I wanted to verify the weight on a more accurate scale so I took the Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats to FED EX. Here are the results.

FACTORY OEM CATS = Approx. 22 LBS

PROSPEED Hi-FLOW CATS = 8.90 LBS

IMG_9267copy.jpg

For all those who are still waiting we should have it out to you by next week. The second batch should come the week after if things go as planned.

UPDATE
COMBO DEAL!

-We are offering a combo deal! The PROSPEED ROM and PROSPEED Hi-FLOW CATs for $799 shipped anywhere in the US!

The combo deal saves you $175 including free shipping!

deal is available for the first 2 buyers only!

If you only want the Cats I have 3 more spots available at the Group Buy price! PM me to be the final 3 buyers! Thanks guys for all the support!

Last edited:

If someone would do their dyno as promised, then maybe my pocket book would open....
Trev

HAHA!!!! GOT MINE AND INSTALLED!!! Thanks Brian. Love them. I guess I couldn't wait until tomorrow. For everyone interested, I just have a unifilter, ARK DT-X exhaust, and now Pro-Speed HFC. The sound difference is different. Almost night and day, I guess I'll have to wait on the Top-Speed headers, but there is a pretty sizable difference. Mmmm... the smell of the break-in process, forgot how that smelled like. Thanks again Brian. I'd post pictures, but they look just like Brian's, so no need in taking up bandwidth. Great product, great price, and ONLY 8.9 LBS COMBINED (beat you to it Brian :biggrin:)

Long

WHAT!? People are receiving theirs already? Nothing received over here.

yours probably shipped out. i picked mine up straight from the source. i'm in san jose until tomorrow. if you want to see them, pm and we'll set something up.

UPDATE:

Ok, so after the break-in period, the exhaust note has gotten deeper and louder. I have an ARK DT-X exhaust. Before the HFC, I could hear a deep tone at low RPMs. And when at higher RPMs, the engine noise would drown out the exhaust. Now with the broken in HFC, I can hear a much deeper and throatier noise throughout the RPM band. Can't wait to install my Top Speed headers. Man, do I love driving through tunnels and overpasses. Thanks Brian and Erick for all your help.

Long

91-94 are available? how about 95-99?

Jigs are already done. Starting production as we speak to take care of all the orders.

UPDATE

Dyno tested!

We finally had time to get the test mule on the dyno. We were pleased with the final results after adding on the Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats. The higher flowing cats really showed itself down low with an increase in torque of up to 5 ft lbs of torque at a usable 4000 rpm. We made our most torque and HP ever at 267.5 HP and 205.12 ft lbs. of torque. The only change was the Prospeed Hi-flow Cats. No fuel or ignition timing was done to the car. I am personally happy with the upgrade. Increase HP, lighter weight then OEM cat (approx. 12-13 lbs savings) and a nice deep "growling" sound exhaust. We will be testing out the 95-99 soon. We believe the restriction is greater on the later model NSX's due to the diameter of the opening on the OEM cats. check out the results below...

IMG_9276copy.jpg

IMG_9277copy.jpg

DETAILS

Dyno: Dynapak dynometer (Thanks to Bisi from Bisimoto engineering for using the facility)

The car has about 65,XXX miles on it (1991 NSX, 5 speed)
Mods- Stock airbox with comptech filter, Taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, Prospeed Stage 3 Rom Chip and Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats.

NOTE: We compared our most recent hp from the last time we dynoed on the 28th of MAY to our dyno with the Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats on the 22nd of July. Both runs were done SAE corrected to eliminate variables. Also on may 28th temps. were 78 degrees F. vs 98 degrees F. on July 22nd.

PROSPEED HI-FLOW CATS
PSHighFlowCat2copy.jpg

RESULTS

Blue dotted line indicates run with comptech filter, taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, and Prospeed Rom Stage 3.

Blue solid line indicates run with comptech filter, taitec GTLW exhaust, Top Speed Headers, Prospeed Rom Stage 3 and Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats.

-Peak 267.5 HP with 205.12ft lbs of torque
-As you can see we picked up around 2 hp to 5 hp Throughout the power band. 5 hp at 7280rpm.
-The NSX saw excellent gains in torque gain from 2ft lbs of torque to 5ft lbs of torque.
-Torque can be felt from around 2000 to 4500 rpm.
-Noticeable increase in throttle response.
-Slightly louder then the stock OEM cats but doesn't drone or have that raspy sound normally associated with test pipes.
-Part throttle driving and cruising still remains fairly quiet. Increase in decibels when you floor it.
-12-13 lbs weight savings over OEM cat.
-Greener then a test pipe and no stinky smell or black bumpers!
-Higher flow cats will be great for forced induction applications. Perfect for the Comptech supercharger owners.

Last edited:

UPDATE

GB pricing is no longer available. Combo availability is pending 1 more customer.
Thank you everyone for your orders. I have recently sent out the 2nd batch orders. We are doing out best to build them as fast as possible without compromising quality. I will update everyone when orders are shipped. Thank you!

hehehe... i still love these....:biggrin:

hehehe... i still love these....:biggrin:

I'm glad you are happy with the cats! I still love them too! I can't get enough of the growl!

Here is a custom set I did for a local NSX owner. Thanks for lending us your OEM cats for proper fitment.:smile: He wanted to be CA smog complaint for OBD-II so I had a set made for his 98 NSX. These look like the OEM factory cats except the Prospeed Hi-flow cats are 400 cell and weigh around 9-10 lbs for both (light weight!). The 95+ style outside of California will get the standard 300 cell round style cores but for the California OBD-II cars you will need these CA OBD-II certified cores to pass emissions.

IMG_9287copy.jpg

IMG_9288copy.jpg

Last edited:

check your email, Brian

Email sent!

All PM's responded to!

UPDATE

Just confirmed that our Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats for California (pictured below) have passed California's strict emissions on a 98 NSX. That is good news for guys who want a little more performance while staying smog legal. Thank you MBANSX for updating us with the good news.

IMG_9288copy.jpg

I was very frustrated because my stock nsx couldnt pass smog. But thanked to brian and his PROSPEED cats my problem was resolved. PROSPEED cats look great and have passed CA strict smog requirement. The fitment is good for being the first batch out of production. No leaks! Brian and I are working to make later batches fit even better. Thanks Brian!

Last edited:

UPDATE

We have recieved confirmation that the 91-94 Prospeed Hi-Flow Cats has pass smog on Jon Martin's 3.8L NSX monster! :smile:

Another batch of cats are heading out this week. Thanks again for everyones patience!

Hi Brian,

Status please for the UK GB orders and any dyno update for 3.2's?

regards, Paul

Back