• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed Tuning in Denver!

Colorado Springs: Pikes Peak Acura (Paul Z.)
Boulder: Flatirons Acura (Chris W.)
Denver: Mile High Acura (Michael M.)

Yep, Brian is back up and we're talking. Looks like early April. I have to talk to the shop to reserve the days. It looks like we will have to have at least 2 days.

Sounds good.

Do they have a dyno? if not after the install who for tuning?

No tuning is required for the CTSC. It comes "pre-tuned" with the black box that was tuned and programmed by Comptech. It is literally bolt and go. That said, owners have found that aftermarket engine management can squeeze some more out of the system.

No tuning is required for the CTSC. It comes "pre-tuned" with the black box that was tuned and programmed by Comptech. It is literally bolt and go. That said, owners have found that aftermarket engine management can squeeze some more out of the system.

So If I put on the 9 PSI pulley it will not require a tuning? I believe I was told that they have to "turn up the full injectors" some...

So If I put on the 9 PSI pulley it will not require a tuning? I believe I was told that they have to "turn up the full injectors" some...

If you install smaller pulley (increase boost over standard package) larger injectors and some tuning may be required. Larger injectors being necessary to provide sufficient fuel at the higher boost levels. The stock injectors are already pretty strung out by the base CTSC setup and trying to get more fuel through them by letting the RR-FPR increase fuel pressure even more could bring you into injector lockup territory. Tuning then would be so it is not too rich due to larger injectors (keeping all else the same but installing larger injectors).

The old high-boost package from CTSC included pulley, some Prelude injectors that were a little larger, and I think the newer-design (now current) RR-FPR (but I assume with a lower setpoint). There are more+better tuning (and injector) options available these days.

What year is your car? Tuning options differ between OBD1 and OBD2.

Last edited:
If you install smaller pulley (increase boost over standard package) larger injectors and some tuning may be required. Larger injectors being necessary to provide sufficient fuel at the higher boost levels. The stock injectors are already pretty strung out by the base CTSC setup and trying to get more fuel through them by letting the RR-FPR increase fuel pressure even more could bring you into injector lockup territory. Tuning then would be so it is not too rich due to larger injectors (keeping all else the same but installing larger injectors).

The old high-boost package from CTSC included pulley, some Prelude injectors that were a little larger, and I think the newer-design (now current) RR-FPR (but I assume with a lower setpoint). There are more+better tuning (and injector) options available these days.

What year is your car? Tuning options differ between OBD1 and OBD2.

I have a 2005, SOS installed the upgraded injectors (as above in a previous post) already so I think they will suffice; I just need to find someone to tune it after the install of the smaller pulley

Paul,

any word from Brian on the date?

Well crap! Looks like this is not going to happen, everyone up in the Denver area is selling their cars! lol

I used Carz Performance in Lakewood to do the tune on my Supercharged NSX and the car runs much better now. here is there number (720) 214-5095

Yeah sorry guys- gonna have to bail as I am selling the NSX. :(

Sorry to here that man....:frown:

- - - Updated - - -

I used Carz Performance in Lakewood to do the tune on my Supercharged NSX and the car runs much better now. here is there number (720) 214-5095

A patient actually told me about this place. I have an appointment scheduled.
I will update with my experience.

Back