• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Proud new owner in Seattle!

Hi everyone,

After 17 long years of lusting for the NSX, my wife and I finally took the plunge and bought a red/ivory 1991 in great condition. The reality is even better than the dream, and we're excited to be part of the NSX community. Except for the HID headlights the previous owner installed, we plan to keep it stock and use it as a daily driver (but not on days like today with snow in the forecast).

I will be active on the boards, hitting everyone up for tips on caring for our new baby. I've attached a photo of it sitting in our driveway (very weird to say!). I look forward to getting to know all of you and meeting other NSX owners in the Pacific Northwest.

Cheers,
Boyd

Attachments

• CIMG0146.jpg
    CIMG0146.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 238
Looks fantastic and congratulations! And welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here. Enjoy your new toy.

Congratulations! What area are you located in?

Thanks! I'm in the Green Lake area. I used to drive past Bellevue every day when I worked in Microsoft's Xbox group. I was the user testing manager on the original Forza Motorsport. It's much better driving the real thing!

Congrats!!! Very nice !!!

Welcome fellow NW owner!

Good time to join the clan! NSXPO is in Portland this year! Sept. 11-14! See you there!

Welcome to the forum and to NSX ownership, Boyd! Nice car- formula red with the black top is my all time favorite NSX color combo! (yeah, wish I'd been able to find a good one when I was shopping, but MCM beat me to the red one he has).

It was a little surreal when I finally got mine several years ago- you must be feeling the same way!

Congrats!

~Jon

Hi everyone,

After 17 long years of lusting for the NSX, my wife and I finally took the plunge and bought a red/ivory 1991 in great condition. The reality is even better than the dream, and we're excited to be part of the NSX community. Except for the HID headlights the previous owner installed, we plan to keep it stock and use it as a daily driver (but not on days like today with snow in the forecast).

I will be active on the boards, hitting everyone up for tips on caring for our new baby. I've attached a photo of it sitting in our driveway (very weird to say!). I look forward to getting to know all of you and meeting other NSX owners in the Pacific Northwest.

Cheers,
Boyd

Congradulations, this car was babied by last two owners, it even hit the autobahn in Germany and back :) Did you get the extra wheels with it?

Congradulations, this car was babied by last two owners, it even hit the autobahn in Germany and back :) Did you get the extra wheels with it?

I didn't know it had extra wheels, but I like the ones it came with. The car is in great shape, and I had seen on the Carfax that it had been exported to Germany at one point, so I'm glad someone has road-tested it thoroughly. :biggrin:

Welcome to the community! The NSX is a very special car and the owners a great group of people. I for one have developed a couple of life long friends because of the NSX.

Keep in mind the annual NSX national gathering (NSXPO 2008) is in Portland this year, with track days up your way!

After 17 long years of lusting for the NSX, my wife and I finally took the plunge and bought a red/ivory 1991 in great condition.

Boyd,
Welcome to Prime. Are you sure it was you and your wife or more you than your wife?:wink: Anyway, congrats on your purchase, and take the wife out in the NSX for dinner.:cool: Drive safe.

Congrats and yeah those are the newer style wheels. So see you're have a modded car, might as well keep going:biggrin:

Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy the new ride:smile:

Congratulatons with your new car.

Even after five years of ownership, I can still get thrilled by just looking at it and realizing it is mine. For me as well, it was a dream which I was able to make come true.

You DO realize of course that your car is not completely stock. Your wheels seem to be the 1994-2001 OEM wheels, not the 1991 OEM wheels.

Wish you and your wife enormous fun with the car for a very long time.

Congratulatons with your new car.

Even after five years of ownership, I can still get thrilled by just looking at it and realizing it is mine. For me as well, it was a dream which I was able to make come true.

You DO realize of course that your car is not completely stock. Your wheels seem to be the 1994-2001 OEM wheels, not the 1991 OEM wheels.

Wish you and your wife enormous fun with the car for a very long time.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the wheels weren't original, but I like them better. Every time I see the car in the driveway I'm stunned it's actually mine.

Hello and welcome Boyd, congratulation for your new baby :smile: , you were right to choose the NSX, it belongs to best the cars in this world, moreover, here, on NSX PRIME, the members are very nice and obliging, there is always a brave man to answer has a question or information :smile: , I wish you much happiness at the wheel of your NSX! :smile:

Hi welcome! :)

I think I looked at that car last month :) It was in autotrader right?

Congrats and enjoy her!!

Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Boyd

Back