• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

purchases with Mike at speed within reach

I just recieved my bigbrake kit from Mike this morning. It shipped out last friday and I recieved this morning. What great service Mike has provided me with my new wilwood kit. When I first called Mike about a week ago upon purchasing parts for my car, we had talked for an hour. He answered all my questions that I had about various parts and different manufactures. Mike was not in a hurry to get me off the phone like some of the other vendors. I feel that Mike is a great asset to the nsx community, to provide great parts, customer service, and also great prices. I am not affiliated with "SPEED WITHIN REACH, I just wanted to post the positive experience that I had with my purchase from Mike and the friendly service. P.S. Mike keep up the great work providing the nsx community with great parts!!

Frank Spano

I too have spoken/exchanged messages with Mike on several occasions and he seems very patient, professional, generally interested in providing great service/pricing, and is an enthusiast.

I have not purchased anything yet from him but as they say - competition is good!

I have no interest in the company nor have I purchased anything yet - just commenting on the pre-sales experiance so far.

Yikes...seems like SWR should fire their PR Director...this guy's comments are gonna hurt business.

I have contacted SWR on 2 occasions; and they have always been very helpful. Just a little dissapointed their website was supposed to be launched in April.

thats me

That problem was resolved a long time ago. I have sold numerous parts since then and have had no problems. If you would like to contact me I will tell you what had happened. It seems pretty pathetic that you would still bring up that thread from that long ago, but I quess you have to much time on your hands.

Thanks, Frank Spano

speedyizzy said:
Yikes...seems like SWR should fire their PR Director...this guy's comments are gonna hurt business.

I have to disagree with you - I just bought a Taitec NSX-R hood from Frank and the transaction was fantastic. He picked it up from his shop in Canada and drove it all the way down to me in Delaware so the paintwork could get fit into my painter's schedule. Way beyond the call of duty, I'd not hesitate to buy from him again.

Ryan

Back to the subject at hand. I have had 1 transaction with Mike and it went great. I would love to meet this guy and find out what makes him tick. I just hope he can pull off all the stuff he is trying to organize. If so, it will be nice to have another vendor around peddling paraphernalia for the go fast crack pipe.

Come on, just one hit won't kill ya.;)

Thanks guys

Guys I appreciate the positive comments, I will continue to offer the best customer service possible and continue to stregthen my ties with as many japanese vendors, to allow access to quality jdm parts at a competitive price.

WHAT????

Frank Spano
Registered Member

Trader Rating: (0)
thats me
That problem was resolved a long time ago. I have sold numerous parts since then and have had no problems. If you would like to contact me I will tell you what had happened. It seems pretty pathetic that you would still bring up that thread from that long ago, but I quess you have to much time on your hands.

Thanks, Frank Spano

What a bunch of B.S.!!!!

Hey Frank, why are you telling my fellow NSX'ers that our deal was resolved? IT WAS NEVER RESOLVED. As a matter of fact, anyone can call me at (818) 585-0731 and I will personally explain to them how it was that you received a check from FedEx and cashed it, and then claimed to have never received it, which covered a loss that came out of a deal for some shocks that were supposly only a few thousand miles on them (Yeah Right!, I never even installed them, they were so bad). As far as I'm concerned, you never calling me back and giving my money back was the shadiest thing you could have done. Now, this is what you deserve! I'm going to make sure that everone here on this forum, is aware of the type of person you really are. Ok, so this happened a few years back, Hey but it happened! I just feel really sorry that you have a NSX in your possesion. In my opinion, an NSX is only for the few HONERABLE men on this rock we call Earth!!!!

Frank Scamo, pay me my $240.00!!!!

:eek:

Go Here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14713&highlight=SPANO

Wow, that is some pretty solid negative experience with Frank Sparno. What is up with the defense posted by Zanardi 0 who is now suspended for who knows what? Seems fishy. Buyers beware.

However, I have heard good things about Speed within Reach though. :)

If you think that transaction went poorly, you should ask Mr. Spano about his attempts to purchase a supercharger last year.

I bought a full widebody kit from SWR and everything went great! I went over to Clearwater since its not too far away and met with Mike personally. Really cool guy with some realistic dreams for our cars!! He showed me a catalog with stuff you and I could never DREAM of someone making for our car, but its made...only in Japan.

I also saw quite a few japanese products that are being imitated over here...

supercharger purchase

I would like to know what supercharger purchase? I inquired about F.I. for my car, but do to all the money I am spending right now on it I have no money for a supercharger.

Thanks, Frank

Well, you asked for it. I originally gave some of this info to you in a PM but you wanted it on the forum so here goes:

I provided free legal assistance to a fellow member of the NSX community last year with regard to a fraudulent attempt to purchase a supercharger with a stolen credit card. My personal investigation led to discussions with the Seneca Falls Police Department through Investigator Porretta and Sergeant Zettemoyer. I also worked with the American Express Fraud unit as well as UPS investigations.

The investigation revealed the following information:

1. A credit card was stolen from a dentist in New Jersey, Mr. Spano’s home state.

2. That credit card was used to order a supercharger to be shipped to an address in Seneca Falls, New York in the name of the person who was the true owner of the stolen credit card. Mr. Spano was renting the apartment where the supercharger was being shipped. He identifies himself as a chiropractic student and the New York Chiropractic College is located in Seneca Falls. http://www.nycc.edu/

3. Amex notified the seller that the card was stolen and I became involved to try to stop the shipment. I worked with the Seneca Falls Police Department who confirmed that Mr. Spano and a roommate, Ralph Bonocore, were residing in the apartment where the shipment was headed.

4. I was able to have the shipment seized in the Geneva station of UPS and marked with a Return to Sender label. While that was going on, Mr. Spano had conversations with another member of the NSX community about the installation of a supercharger he said he was intending to buy.

5. The Seneca Falls District Attorney’s office refused to prosecute because the shipment was stopped prior to obtaining a signature for receipt from Mr. Spano.

THAT supercharger purchase!

RSO 34 said:
Well, you asked for it. I originally gave some of this info to you in a PM but you wanted it on the forum so here goes:

I provided free legal assistance to a fellow member of the NSX community last year with regard to a fraudulent attempt to purchase a supercharger with a stolen credit card. My personal investigation led to discussions with the Seneca Falls Police Department through Investigator Porretta and Sergeant Zettemoyer. I also worked with the American Express Fraud unit as well as UPS investigations.

The investigation revealed the following information:

1. A credit card was stolen from a dentist in New Jersey, Mr. Spano’s home state.

2. That credit card was used to order a supercharger to be shipped to an address in Seneca Falls, New York in the name of the person who was the true owner of the stolen credit card. Mr. Spano was renting the apartment where the supercharger was being shipped. He identifies himself as a chiropractic student and the New York Chiropractic College is located in Seneca Falls. http://www.nycc.edu/

3. Amex notified the seller that the card was stolen and I became involved to try to stop the shipment. I worked with the Seneca Falls Police Department who confirmed that Mr. Spano and a roommate, Ralph Bonocore, were residing in the apartment where the shipment was headed.

4. I was able to have the shipment seized in the Geneva station of UPS and marked with a Return to Sender label. While that was going on, Mr. Spano had conversations with another member of the NSX community about the installation of a supercharger he said he was intending to buy.

5. The Seneca Falls District Attorney’s office refused to prosecute because the shipment was stopped prior to obtaining a signature for receipt from Mr. Spano.

THAT supercharger purchase!

Do we really need someone like this on our forum?

ANYTIME said:
Are you speaking about RSO 34 or Frank Spano?

RSO 34 has been an upstanding, respectable individual lending his services to others for free in several cases, so I absolutely meant Frank Spano. As to the validity of this, I have no doubt RSO 34 is telling the truth. However, circumstantial evidence, a lot in this case, doesn't necessarily mean an individual is guilty, but since this is not a court of law, we don't have to worry about that. People have been suspended for less, so why should someone with so much negative baggage be allowed here as well? The longer we allow these type of members to lurk here on prime, the more likely these scams will continue.

jlindy said:
... People have been suspended for less, so why should someone with so much negative baggage be allowed here as well? The longer we allow these type of members to lurk here on prime, the more likely these scams will continue.

I don't think banning this guy is appropriate. We are lucky that NSX Prime isn't a court of law so we can in fact assume that he is guilty by the facts brought to our attention.

I think his reputation is pretty much destroyed here. Let's just watch him drown.

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Eey Eey, goodbye! (Or however it goes. :D)

You decide.................

Here is a PM I received from Mr. Spano:

"Re: supercharger
You are correct there was a package sent to our apartment in Senneca Falls. It was not ordered by me nor my roomate. When the police came they questioned me and my roomate Ralph about the package. they asked if either of us owned a sports car. I said yes I did a Acura nsx. They said the package was a supercharger, from who it was sent we never found out, they said if we saw the package on the door step to call them A.S.A.P. Like I said before I inquired about superchargers but with the money I have spent on the 02 type-r conversion I can't afford it right now. I wish you would have e-mailed me first before posting something like this on the forum. Hopefully soon as my project is completed I can then buy a supercharger or a turbo kit. By the way how did you know that we had a packaged sent to us last year?

Thanks, Frank"

p.s. I did PM him before I posted the details to allow him the opportunity to respond privately but he chose to claim ignorance of the allegations on this forum so I responded publicly.

SWR

I have known Mike for sometime now. he is honest and trying very hard to become a major vendor for the community. I do not work with him and am not part of SWR as some people have thought in pm,s I receive.(I am Terminal Velocity N20 )I am very proud of the effort and vision that Mike has for SWR.he has spent many nights up til dawn to handle business with Japan due to the time constraints.

I wish the best for SWR and would not hesitate to do business with Mike. he will go the extra mile to insure customer satisfaction and rectify any issue post haste.I believe SWR will become the vendor of preference in the coming year. honesty and integrity not to mention proper pricing go a long way!BTW as stated already I am not part of SWR but feel mike deserves kudos for his hard work and vision because I have seen it first hand.

I hope no one is misconstruing my posts about Mr. Spano as somehow being a critique of SWR. This thread obviously went "off topic" and for that I apologize to SWR but I felt it was necessary to add my .02 to some comments made before my initial post.

sorry to go off topic again, just one last question was it a supercharger for NSX or some other car?

Back