• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Purchasing NSX

Hi,

The time has finally come and I'm in the position where I am able to pick up a NSX. I had the chance to live with one for a week, while I did an detail on an acquaintances car, I was really impressed with it and it was something quite special. This is some years ago.

I'm also looking at other cars but I really hope to find a NSX. The problem is, clean examples are quite rare to come across and I'd like to pick something up very soon. If something does not pop up soon then I'll have to seek something else! I'm not looking for an ultra low mileage pristine example, but something that may have some more mileage but has been taken care of with records.

That brings to my main question which is, are there any NSXs for sale within the community that perhaps isn't listed publicly?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi,

This is a good time to start looking for an NSX, as Spring is right around the corner.There are a couple of NSXCC members that are looking to sell their cars that are not listed publicly, so the Club can provide the introduction. However, you need to provide some more specific information on the specification of the NSX that you would like to purchase.

EG - Color, Mileage, Coupe or Targa, price range, type of mods, condition etc etc.

This forum have a lot of information on the NSX, it would be worth your time to read the Wiki and educate yourself on the NSX.

Bram

Last edited:
red 94, approx 130,000 km in richmond hill?

Hi,

The time has finally come and I'm in the position where I am able to pick up a NSX. I had the chance to live with one for a week, while I did an detail on an acquaintances car, I was really impressed with it and it was something quite special. This is some years ago.

I'm also looking at other cars but I really hope to find a NSX. The problem is, clean examples are quite rare to come across and I'd like to pick something up very soon. If something does not pop up soon then I'll have to seek something else! I'm not looking for an ultra low mileage pristine example, but something that may have some more mileage but has been taken care of with records.

I did come across one that is for sale right now. A 1994 Red NSX, Canadian car, whose owner I believe is part of prime with a SN kaz1116. I have tried to make an appointment to see this car to no avail. We have some emails between each other but he seems very busy and can't show the car. It's unfortunate because the car seems to so far tick all the right boxes, being a Canadian car and a 94. If anyone personally knows this owner perhaps he should be notified a serious potential buyer is waiting to see it! If anyone has any more info about this car as well please chime in.

That brings to my main question which is, are there any NSXs for sale within the community that perhaps isn't listed publicly?

Thanks in advance

red 94, approx 130,000 km in richmond hill?

MYW: Yes that's the one.

Bram, thanks for the heads up.

I'd like to get something between 91-94 (if 91/92 non snap ring range) either red or black. Minimal modifications if any (exhaust, springs, wheels is ok). Coupes are my only option due to the year I'm looking for. I'd prefer a coupe anyway. I prefer Canadian car over US.

As for condition, I'd like everything to be in working order and have records of service. I don't want seized AC compressors, non working door handles, dents or damage on the car, tears in seats, or clear signs that the car has been tinkered with in a major way. Just the typical 'good' condition car. If the paint has swirls and isn't perfect, that's ok. Even if the car is highish mileage, greater than 170 000km, that's ok, as long as it has proof of care. Even if the car has had history of minor issues like cracked coolant reservoirs (I hear common) or whatever, as long as they were remedied, in fact, even if the car was in an accident, as long as it was repaired properly, so long as it wasn't in some major roll or t-bone, fender bender stuff is ok, though, not preferred. If the car has been tracked, I expect records of brake fluid, tranny fluid, brake pad/disc replacement and of course strict oil change intervals and most likely bushing replacements.

For price, lets say I'm not looking for a 35grand plus car, but I also don't expect to pay 19 grand for one either. I never ever offer a price for a car I either feel I cannot afford, or if I just don't feel is right for me. I don't waste peoples time. I went to look at one already. The gentleman offered me to take it for a drive numerous times. But knowing the car was not in the condition I want, I declined the drive and kindly told him it just wasn't for me. I did not low ball or even talk numbers even though he said he was very very flexible on the price which would have made it well within my budget.

Last edited:
Welcome to the community. As others have mentioned, this is a great place to research and possibly finding your car. Most cars within the NSXCC community are fairly clean (even the higher mileage ones) and most have great owner that takes good care of them. Of all the owners from NSXCC, I recall there were two GPW (Grand Prix White) 92 and a 95/96 Brookland Green available in late fall and all the owners are from the west end. There was also a 2003 black available in Oakville and that would of course be asking for more money. There could soon be another Red 91 available but we don't know yet.

I have met kaz1116 (aka Zak)'s at cruise drives but never seen his car from up close. It is not in our nature to comment negatively on someone else's car unless he grossly mis-represents it to be perfect when in fact it's flawed. Last I met Zak was in the fall when he arrived in a Ford GT and I recalled him saying he had sold the NSX. But you are correct that a similar car is again listed on Kijiji with seller located in Richmond Hill, so wonder if this is the same car/seller.

It maybe worthwhile to join NSX Club of Canada and meet some owners and see their cars. You just never know when someone is looking to sell. Many of them change hands without ever being listed publically. Join us and attend a few events. You will be surprised at how much you learn when you meet with different owners.

Happy hunting.

Clean examples are quite rare to come across and I'd like to pick something up very soon. I'm not looking for an ultra low mileage pristine example, but something that may have some more mileage but has been taken care of with records.

I did come across one that is for sale right now. A 1994 Red NSX, Canadian car, whose owner I believe is part of prime with a SN kaz1116. I have tried to make an appointment to see this car to no avail. We have some emails between each other but he seems very busy and can't show the car. It's unfortunate because the car seems to so far tick all the right boxes, being a Canadian car and a 94. If anyone personally knows this owner perhaps he should be notified a serious potential buyer is waiting to see it! If anyone has any more info about this car as well please chime in.

Last edited:
I can vouch for Zak's NSX... if i had have known that it was Zaks father that bought the car off him... i would have bought it myself!

Clean Canadian car with minimal modifications

Thanks to those who have replied so far. I'm no longer pursuing what we think is Zak's car.

I have not found a NSX within my timeline, in fact, I haven't found anything yet. I have a trip to go on for a few weeks, was hoping to get a car before I left so I'd have something when I come back. But the search will have to continue after I return.

Ciao

Back