• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Purdy 2004 LBPB JH4NA21684T000140

By the pics I would have guessed 8K miles.

That car is crazy clean for 50k miles. Notice they show pictures of all the VIN# stickers that they could see, so I am guessing the stickers are not present on the tabs provided on the front bumper. Personally, I would be more comfortable for a car of this mileage to show slight wear and tear then to be suspiciously flawless.

That is a beautiful car. Who cares if it has 56k on the odo. Well all know that these cars are rock solid until at least 150k-200k. Plus, if it becomes a garage queen for the next five years the mileage will average itself out. Now if this was an F-car we'd all be saying to stay far away.

Looks nice. Windy City seems to have the corner on the high mileage 02-05 market.

Wow, I do love that colour - for the mileage I would try and negotiate down tbh, but it may be a steal if it all checks out!

Good luck and keep us in the loop!

It appears to be in great shape for its mileage. Make sure you take it to an Acura dealership for a PPI...

For an 04 $56K seems cheap...maybe because its an Tan interior? Mileage isn't so much a factor as these cars are very reliable as we all know.

Mileage isn't so much a factor as these cars are very reliable as we all know.

I will have to disagree on that point. As far as pricing is concerned, mileage IS a factor. A sub 10k 02-05 will bring quite a bit more than a 25k+ example.

EDIT: In re-reading your post its possible you only meant the tan interior to be a detractor in price. The mileage comment could have been only directed at the fact that these cars last a long time.

The mileage just means the owner actually enjoyed the car.:biggrin:

Exactly! People need to get a grip. This is essentially a Honda. 53k miles is nothing to be worried about. At least the car was enjoyed and taken care of.

Tan isn't a sporty interior, but I think it looks pretty good in those pics. I still prefer black though. Ideally I think I'd rather pay an extra 10-15K for a low mileage car. There are a few blue ones on autotrader for just under $70k with 20k, 8k, and 3k miles.

I know someone who check this car out at the auction. Stated that it smelled like smoke, actually smelled like Black and Milds??? I would check it out before a purchase. Marked up from what it auctioned for. FYI

Last time I looked at a car that was advertised as "Flawless" it turned out that the car had been resprayed and had $8K worth of body and paint repairs and to top it off, the title showed clean. I was fortunate the seller fessed up when I asked him about any paint work. That is why I buy from a private party with records, you get more background info. From auctions you never know.

Tan isn't a sporty interior, but I think it looks pretty good in those pics. I still prefer black though. Ideally I think I'd rather pay an extra 10-15K for a low mileage car. There are a few blue ones on autotrader for just under $70k with 20k, 8k, and 3k miles.

3k mile under $70k? What year?

Jump on it!

Yes, its my opinion that tan is not a sporty interior color. I think it looks more luxurious then sporty. Sorry, if my opinion offended any tan interior owners.

This thread cleary shows that the car is worth what the buyer think it's worth. I don't care if it has 242K miles on it. There is still a buyer for it at the right price.

Beautiful car BTW.

I will have to disagree on that point. As far as pricing is concerned, mileage IS a factor. A sub 10k 02-05 will bring quite a bit more than a 25k+ example.

EDIT: In re-reading your post its possible you only meant the tan interior to be a detractor in price. The mileage comment could have been only directed at the fact that these cars last a long time.

Mileage doesn't matter in reality as these cars are Honda's was my point. You are correct...:smile:

Back