• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Putting together Nsx/S2000 meet at Universal City Walk 2/25/07

:smile: Hi everyone, looking to put together a meet at Universal City Walk on 2/25/07 where we will have the cars parked "Inside, City Walk" to show off the cars.
Looking to use this as a swap meet/vendor show if everything works out. I need to know how many people are interested in this Meet on 2/25/07 a Sunday from 11a - 3p. We would have security to keep a eye on the cars. Everyone would have to drive their car into Universal City Walk at the same time, and Leave at the same time for a Safety Issue, NO EXCEPTIONS!! If you think you Might have to leave early Park it outside in normal parking.
There would be a fee that would cover lunch and getting inside City Walk, somewhere around $25 PLUS OR MINUS $5 per person. If the car is inside City Walk, it doesnt matter if you eat or not, the fee still applies. If a Vendor that fee is still to be determined.
Not looking to make a profit. Whatever money Might be left over, would go to a local Charity here in Orlando.
We should be able to get at least 40 to 50 cars inside City Walk. Let me know who is interested, between Nsx/ S2000 I need at least 30 cars.

Oster

Count me in, unless my car is in your shop:biggrin: (The short gears and R&P should be in around that time)

As you know, Oster, I am in, and willing to assist as you need. PM or call me when needed. I am working on both the networking form and other things we discussed.

Warren

Oster, I believe you can count me in also. Is there any good hotels very nearby? I may want to make a weekend of it.

I'll do it. Which part of City Walk, along the main drag? Do we get to drive on the moving sidewalks?:biggrin:

Bob, I can usually get a great rate at the Peabody Hotel nearby. It's a 4/5 star luxury Hotel and the rooms director is a good friend. Let me know exact dates.

I told the guy at Universal we had a special car coming. :smile: He said he had a special place with a underwater view :wink: :biggrin: He PROMISED you would be the only one there :tongue:
It would be on the walkway, by the water, from Margaritaville to maybe a little past Nascar Cafe.

Last edited:
I am there too!!

Depending on several variables involved before this time particular date arrives on the calendar next month I MIGHT be able to come down.:biggrin: :wink: :confused: :cool:

Sounds like it would be kinda cool. Put me down as a maybe, and I'll let you know as we get closer to February.

Depending on several variables involved before this time particular date arrives on the calendar next month I MIGHT be able to come down.:biggrin: :wink: :confused: :cool:

Come on, eveyone knows you never make these events. Maybe we can finally meet.:biggrin:

Last edited:
We would also like to open the event to being named by a participant. This is planned to become an annual event, so a good name is needed. Thanks.

"The FeetFxr Annual Honda Car Extravaganza" :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's pretty good but if that doesn't pass maybe something that will tug at the heart strings a little more will work:

"Annual MLmotorsport H-Car Charity Drive (he has to pay for his incessant repairs and mods somehow)"

That's pretty good but if that doesn't pass maybe something that will tug at the heart strings a little more will work:

"Annual MLmotorsport H-Car Charity Drive (he has to pay for his incessant repairs and mods somehow)"

Not bad, but I'm afraid your negative feedback here on Prime may adversely affect the rest of us:wink: ...Hey, where did your neg. feedback go anyway? :wink: :biggrin:

...We can always call it "Shrek's Wild Ride" and charge for rides.:tongue:

It would be on the walkway, by the water, from Margaritaville to maybe a little past Nascar Cafe.

If I go you have to PROMISE me that my car will be the furthest from Margaritaville. I want Charlotte as far away from that Jimmy Buffet crap as possible.

Not bad, but I'm afraid your negative feedback here on Prime may adversely affect the rest of us:wink: ...Hey, where did your neg. feedback go anyway? :wink: :biggrin:

I have no idea what you're talking about. :wink:

If I go you have to PROMISE me that my car will be the furthest from Margaritaville. I want Charlotte as far away from that Jimmy Buffet crap as possible.

Good point. Speaking of, will our cars be roped off or will they be subject to the masses of ice cream cone weilding children and bubba-tourist firsthand? :confused:

I'm very interested in going to this Oster! I'll just have to see how my plans work out for that weekend... Count me in as a maybe, for right now.

Jay

Hugh,

The only thing i can promise you, is that if you show up in a dress again you will be the furthest away from me :biggrin: And i'll have Todd spank you for being the bad boy that you have been :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike,

I did ask about roping off the cars, and was told they didnt have enough rope for the length of space we would be using, but they do have barricades, for a fee. I'm going back to Universal City Walk tomorrow to confirm that along with a few other things. There will definitley be security there also though.

Jay,

Warren told me some of the situation, hope things work out ok.

Oster

I've been so busy this is my first time on Prime in over 2 weeks!! Ann and I will be there and are looking forward to it.

I spoke with Oster the other day about working with Warren to put together a simple registration form for all that we can load into a relational data base (with consent of course). The idea is to create a local communications and networking tool that we can share with each other. Things like: occupation, mechanical skills, ability to provide local assistance to fellow NSX's in the event of a breakdown, tool, logging (this is something the BMW Club does because they break so often!) etc. A form with a bunch of attributes that can be checked off if so desired is what I'm driving for. I'll work on a draft and look to all for input on what to add or delete and then go from there.

Mike

Back