• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quaife quick ratio manual steering rack

I heard back from quaife again. He said they the rack kits are in the manufacturing process now. He said the delays have been because of materials (blame it on the supply chain). They now have materials and are making them. They should be done “soon”. I’ll have another update in a week or two

A new update from Quaife this week: the racks have been manufactured 🎉

Next step is quaife shipping them to Charles at NSX rack repair. Quaife is pretty slow to do things, but shipping should happen very soon. Once shipped, timelines will be a lot more predictable

About 2 weeks ago they said they were doing the final QC and test fit in the example rack. Next step would be shipping the whole lot to Charles. I hesitate to give an ETA as Quaife moves extremely slowly. I will update when we know more

Good news: The lot of racks have finally been shipped from quaife to NSX rack repair. Looks like delivery is expected to get to Charles next week. Then it will take him a couple weeks to get them to all of you. It’s finally happening! 🎉

If you wanted to have your rack refreshed and the quaife kit installed by NSX rack repair, now is a good time to coordinate with him

timing is perfect, I've been looking to do this upgrade for a while now!

*edit sounds like I missed batch 1, but I'll be in batch 2 for sure!

I’m not sure on another batch. It certainly would be easier as there is no development work. But it’s really up to Charles at NSX rack repair. He is in control of the relationship now. I think if there is a lot of demand for another batch then maybe. But I also think he is also a little put off by how excruciatingly slow and non-communicative they have been at every step (as am I tbh). I guess we’ll see. Time and demand would paper over a lot of the issues here

Some good news and a little setback. The good news is that Charles received all the rack kits, they exist for real!

The setback is that the ends of the Quaife rack shafts are not cut exactly like the factory rack shafts. The quaife units are missing a channel for the lock washer, and the threads on the quaife shafts do not allow for the inner tie-rod end to fully seat (pic below). The plan right now is that Charles will have these features machined in locally before shipping out the kits. Obviously this adds to the lead time on you getting your rack.

Quaife on the left, stock on the right.

unnamed.jpg

I will keep you all updated as these things move into machining

Ok y’all these things are finished 🎉🎉🎉🦾🦾🦾

Charles has one in his own car. The report: steering is much more responsive and effort increase is not noticeable once moving. He has filmed a review and when it’s live on YouTube I will post it here.

Racks are expected to start shipping soon. He will send an email to everyone when he has a better estimate. I am so pumped!

5626D274-D0F3-4113-8ABE-39F5737D690E.jpeg

F496D54D-2503-490C-8381-2D8392BDED43.jpeg

Last edited:
So for $700 they will rebuild and install the quick ratio rack? I ended up purchasing a new OEM rack for my car. But I still have my old original one that needs to be repaired.

So for $700 they will rebuild and install the quick ratio rack? I ended up purchasing a new OEM rack for my car. But I still have my old original one that needs to be repaired.
I'm not sure of the price for a rebuild + install, you'll have to reach out to him to see. I also got a new rack for this, can't wait for that branch new + quick ratio feel!

At this time, the rack kits are only for manual racks. You'd have to switch to a manual rack to run this. I'm not sure what it would take to build a quick rack for an EPS. That'd be a question for NSX rack repair

Back