• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question for Lowered NSX owners- How low? how many miles? any Damage?

how offen did you change your tires?

So with the Eibachs your struts did not wear out fast.

how low did it get after settling?

Can you post a picture of the fender gap?

I have run OEM shocks with Eibachs on both of my NSXs. 25k miles on the first one and 10k miles on the 2nd one, so far.

No damage from the lowering. My first NSX came to me with H&R springs, which were too aggressive. The Eibachs are not an issue.

funny for you, pain for me. :biggrin:

how offen did you change your tires?

usually its about 10k depending on your driving patterns.

if you brake the rear loose often, then its going to last you 2500 - 5000 miles.

usually with stock camber you can get 10k.

also you can rotate the tires by UNMOUNTING THEM and RE MOUNT them on the other rim.

however, when you do this, your car will be very twitchy until the tires even out.

Thanks, So your NSX wore out on the inside considerablly more than the outside.

its the camber mostly. you can tell if its camber or tow by the type of wear.

camber results in regular wear patterns except the inside/outside depending on + or - will have less meat then the other side of the tire.

for Toe, your tires will look feathered in or out depending on the agressiveness of your toe angle.

For me and most nsx, its the crazy camber. :smile:

As a daily driver, I compromised by going with zanardi springs (.75" lower), Type R anti-sways and bilsteins. probably have about 18k with this setup. I don't hit parking curbs and the car has a balanced firm ride. I hd had the caster/camber setup for a Type R but was chewing through rear tires at about 5k miles so I went back to the stock setup.

I'm going to lower it once I get my Toyota Echo this week. That is if I can get the lowering springs. It will be a weekend car to save those tires.

Just added Bilsteins and Teins (along with the NSX-R front sway and NSX-R chassis bars) on my 1998 this past weekend. Now sitting about one inch lower; just where I wanted it. No turning/rubbing issues in the front running 215/40/17s.

Side_-_2B_-_revised_-_compressed.JPG

your car looks great!

so you went with the tein springs? was the eibachs a lil too low for you?

I agree

it all comes down to your experience with lowered cars and familiarity with an area.

i've driven a lowered car since I purchased my first car. To me is just second nature on driving a lowered car. So used to it I drive regualr sedans the same way.

its not that bad but I can see how it would be a PITA if it were your daily driver.

above post:

i agrees but sometimes you CANT avoid curbing you car or front bumber.

not everyone who builds a driveway has a nsx in mind.

those are the times when it really breaks my heart. worth are single drive ways, agressive slop and you cant cut your car.

long story short, looking for a new shop. found a nice one. the drive way was just hell for our nsx.

single entry, exit, agressive slop.... probably about 3 drop in height for a 8 feet ramp to meet the street. i tired cutting best i can, front chin spoiler did a number on the street.

had to pass on that location since i dont want to do a number on a customer car every timei take it out.

also having some idiot honking at you since your taking up 3 lanes trying to make it on the street is also rediculous. at my local mall, i gota cut into the on coming entrance to get an angle to exit the mall and on to the street. once of these days, some idiots going to take that entrance at 30mph and im going to be there "cutting" that stupid curb. :rolleyes:

lower it 1 - 1.5 your fine 95% of the time. any more, driving your nsx will be come a chore.

Thanks for the info.

The second link has a section called how to maximize tire life.
Basically:
front: toe=0 and camber -.3
rear: toe=.005

Can the rear camber be adjusted with out the kit?
If so what is the least camber we can get?

What is the camber after a 1.25 inch drop? how far can we correct it with out the kit?

Question for Lowered NSX owners-

How low? 1" - 1 1/4"

how many miles? 30K+

any Damage? No, just occasional driveway lip scuff's........
(not real damage)

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/suspension.htm

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/alignment.htm

I have airsuspension...I can raise it up over 4'' or drop it almost on the ground. I drive it with about two fingers gap between tires and fender. I was surprised, it actually rides almost like OEM. It will raise at bumps in less than 2 seconds. :smile:

P.S. this type suspension isn't cheap Dakota digital controller was 1k by itself!

Back