• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question on a certain 91 NSX

What's up guys? Well...I'm still on my journey for a NSX....I just love this site and the great people here! Well..I might have a opportunity to get a 91 red/blk....I hate to say this..but I dont' really like red...since it's the most popular color..but I can work around it...
biggrin.gif
But My question is...what would the price range be? My friend has just told me about the car..the owner is most likely selling it...no price yet...and I do not have much contact..so I can't ask the questions I need...I dont' even know if the snap ring is fixed. But anyway...He's a doctor...My friend told me the engine is in okay condition....It runs fine...but just not taken care off like how car freaks like us would....and the paint is ALRIGHT...it's not flawless...but that's a great opportunity for a re-paint. I know it devalues the car....But..if I keep this car....I should make it the way I like it. My question is...How much do you think the car should be? Mileage should be..normal for a 91...it's his daily driver..I THINK.

Well, if I get the car. I want to add a passenger side air bag..what am I looking at for this? And since the engine isn't all that great...I want to drop the engine....find a C32B...tune it up..add a custom twin turbo...add 6 spd with it. re-paint...etc. How much do you think I'm looking at for all these things I want? Or would it better just to ship the car back to Japan of Honda....and let them do that "refresh program" hope you can take out hte time again..and help me.

Hmm, would it really cost that much? The thing is, I don't have much money to fork out for a 97 right away. All the mods etc, will come in time as I save up for cash. I don't know...How much would a 91 usually cost? with all the specs shown that I know of.

Originally posted by ExoticNSX:
What's up guys? Well...I'm still on my journey for a NSX....I just love this site and the great people here! Well..I might have a opportunity to get a 91 red/blk....I hate to say this..but I dont' really like red...since it's the most popular color..but I can work around it...
biggrin.gif
But My question is...what would the price range be? My friend has just told me about the car..the owner is most likely selling it...no price yet...and I do not have much contact..so I can't ask the questions I need...I dont' even know if the snap ring is fixed. But anyway...He's a doctor...My friend told me the engine is in okay condition....It runs fine...but just not taken care off like how car freaks like us would....and the paint is ALRIGHT...it's not flawless...but that's a great opportunity for a re-paint. I know it devalues the car....But..if I keep this car....I should make it the way I like it. My question is...How much do you think the car should be? Mileage should be..normal for a 91...it's his daily driver..I THINK.

Well, if I get the car. I want to add a passenger side air bag..what am I looking at for this? And since the engine isn't all that great...I want to drop the engine....find a C32B...tune it up..add a custom twin turbo...add 6 spd with it. re-paint...etc. How much do you think I'm looking at for all these things I want? Or would it better just to ship the car back to Japan of Honda....and let them do that "refresh program" hope you can take out hte time again..and help me.

Have you considered getting a 93/94? That should have the passenger side airbag. I recently purchased mine for mid-30s, with 69K miles. I don't know if this was a good deal or not, but a 91 + the airbag mod may equal the amount you would pay for a 93/94 outright.

I agree. This car is not a bargain if you're planning to pay for repainting and for the airbag (which would be VERY difficult to retrofit). Buy a '93-94 and drive it while you're saving up (it won't go down much in value) and when you have the money, THEN trade up for the '97+ with the bigger engine and six-speed.

Back