• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R&D Engineer -Atlanta

I was approached regarding this job and thought I would share it with the Prime community.

This is a great opportunity to break into the Automotive Motorsports Industry

http://engineers.randstadusa.com/think.nsf/b2_apply1?openform&ParentUNID=9D0145C8BCED486485257CE10046D385&campaign=search&mdm=email&nme=search&frm=G01TDB&frm1=G01TDB

I'm not affiliated with the company nor will I receive any kind of referral.

Job Reference:104864KSM
Position Type:Direct hire
Market Sector:Mfg
Yearly Salary:80 to 85 K$/yr
job description

World leader in Automotive and Power Sports Manufacturing Industry is in IMMEDIATE NEED for a Mechanical Design Engineer III located in Marietta, GA. The client is open to different amounts of experience. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Design experience with the following equipment is a must. Automotive, off road vehicles, motor sports, motorcycles or boats. This is a great opportunity to join a winning team! The listed salary is an estimate. Please indicate your salary requirements in the application process.10% travel and relocation is an option. Would prefer local candidates.

Responsibilities

•Designs, develops, documents and release new products to production (i.e., creation of 3D models, 2D drawings and Bills of Materials) for manufacturing purposes. •Manages product development process to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. •Oversee the fabrication of prototypes and pre-production parts for testing. •Coordinate & plan necessary laboratory and ride and ride testing to applicable accessories being developed. Analyze, interpret and summarize test results to determine direction for development of project. •Provide suppliers with necessary design information to develop components as needed. Ensure production of quality products. •Assist in establishing design and qualification test criteria to ensure a cost effective product which meets Yamaha performance, quality & reliability requirements.
Requirements

•BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Advanced degree is a plus.•Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant design experience in the following manufacturing processes: Machining, Sheet metal, Tube bending, Casting, Molded parts (plastic) and Welding.•Pro Engineer 3D modeling is a plus.•Must have experience with ANSI Y14.5, GD&T & Tolerance Stack-up.•FEA & Surfacing experience is a plus.•Must possess excellent engineering judgment and analysis.•Proficient in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook). •Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing work loads•Strong oral & written communication and presentation skills.•Must be able to travel to factory and to suppliers.
Benefits

->Competitive salary with Comprehensive benefits package->Work for an industry leader

Back