• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R8 V10 unveiled

Maybe a mid-engine, supercharged 350hp Lotus Evora? Not quite on par with a V10 R8 or a Superleggera, but a lot less expensive, and still plenty exotic enough. (lotuscars.com)

Attachments

• Evora.jpg
    Evora.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
"R8 includes maintenance and doesn't require costly rebuilds after 30,000 miles' BS, show me the costly rebuilds on the gallardo after 30k, a new clutch perhaps...

What year is your Gallardo? Its my understanding Egear and clutchs wear out very often 5K miles for those who have a heavy foot of the line, apparently cured as of 06?

I drove my friends for 200 miles straight and no doubt this car has more performance and exotic factor than anything available at 90-100k. My only wish is had been two wheel drive. :)

"What year is your Gallardo? Its my understanding Egear and clutchs wear out very often 5K miles for those who have a heavy foot of the line, apparently cured as of 06?"
Later production 04. The current clutch has 10k on it, the original sofware and clutch were replaced under warranty, as a lot of them were due to software issues, and I have had no problems.

"What year is your Gallardo? Its my understanding Egear and clutchs wear out very often 5K miles for those who have a heavy foot of the line, apparently cured as of 06?"
Later production 04. The current clutch has 10k on it, the original sofware and clutch were replaced under warranty, as a lot of them were due to software issues, and I have had no problems.

Lou- you know I would ditch my NSX for nice G like yours. Too bad I enjoy being married and seeing my kids everyday. You're living the dream for us Sac guys. Take care,
Larry

OH sorry- were we talking about a R8?

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to attend the NAIAS last week and the V10 R8 on the turntable was stunning. The combination of the red with the blacked out accents on a black turntable was unbelievably eye catching. There were people all around it whenever we walked by.

Attachments

• DSC02941 (Small).JPG
    DSC02941 (Small).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC02944 (Small).JPG
    DSC02944 (Small).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC02980 (Small).JPG
    DSC02980 (Small).JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC02988 (Small).JPG
    DSC02988 (Small).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 81
I just read in the March 2009 edition of Auto Bild Sportscars that Audi has produced about 7800 R8s to date and that production has fallen from 25 cars per day to 2. Sound familiar?

Audi expects about 80% of R8 sales to be V10s according to the article. It will be interesting to see how sales develop. It might give an indication how sales of a higher-powered NSX would have fared.

Back