• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ran against a SUPERCHARGED 03 TL Type S

The other night, I went to meet up with a friend. He was sitting shotgun in a totally stock looking TL Type S. He really wanted to run me but stock VS stock, I was confident I would win.

First he took me for a ride in his car and it felt INSANE. I then realized he had the Comptech supercharger installed but not tuned yet...

To make a long story short, we went head to head on a straightaway from 0 to about 80 and at the end, he was less than 2 car lengths behind...

Just thought I should share the fun I had :)

I drove a CL Type-S 6 speed and the car was like you said fast as hell. I chirped the wheels all the way up to third gear and although the car felt just as fast as a Nsx....the torque steer was horrible. Even thou this is only a $4k mod and gives the car great power I wouldnt do it myself on my TLS because of the known transmission problems already. I hope the new redesigned TL will prove to be more reliable in this area.

Don't forget that this is a STOCK NSX, ok. Yet it beats it, just like the experience that I had before.

The torque steer on the TL-S makes the front tires feel like they are off the ground. It's not a good feeling at all. I say the Supercharged TL-S with 6-spd should yield a good 310hp at the wheel, it should be plenty fast. But still not enough to beat the NSX. Running up to 80mph is nothing. It can happen in no time.

Anyone else looking forward to a Comptech supercharged version of the new RL? :eek:

Ponyboy said:
Anyone else looking forward to a Comptech supercharged version of the new RL? :eek:

My wife isn't looking forward to one for the TL :)

Sancho said:
I say the Supercharged TL-S with 6-spd should yield a good 310hp at the wheel, it should be plenty fast. But still not enough to beat the NSX. Running up to 80mph is nothing. It can happen in no time.
03 TL TYPE S, no 6 spd available. CL type S is what you meant to say, right?

I raced a Supercharged ITR a few nites ago with intake, exhaust, ignition, tuning/fuel, and some weight reduction. I thought he was going to win because I let him chose the speed and he chose a 50mph roll (right out of first, out of VTEC and the powerband). Well, he pulled about 1/4 of a car and then I pulled god knows how many cars up to 130mph

Stay Away from CL-S (and early model TL-S) with automatics. I have an '01 that has had the tranny replaced 3 times to date (to acura's credit, they did extend the warranty and fix them with no hassle). Last one is two weeks old and is starting to shift funny.. arg.. i'm looking for another car to replace it. Many people report transmission problems with them.

The 6 Speed manual CL-S/TL-S are very hard to find, but may be a better car. The front wheel drive is about as well tuned as it can be, but does exhibit torque steer and other handling quirks (mine is stock, I imagine it would be really bad with a supercharger!)..

Not comparable to the NSX, in any form.

hg
01 CL-S
91 NSX
74 AMX

Brian2by2 said:
I raced a Supercharged ITR a few nites ago with intake, exhaust, ignition, tuning/fuel, and some weight reduction. I thought he was going to win because I let him chose the speed and he chose a 50mph roll (right out of first, out of VTEC and the powerband). Well, he pulled about 1/4 of a car and then I pulled god knows how many cars up to 130mph

Sorry, but what is an ITR?

Ah, that makes sense. Sorry about that.:)

Back