• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rant: NSX search

A week from now will be the 6th month mark from my initial NSX search. Formed a habit searching and combing through Prime, Autotrader, Craigslist and Cars.com, but to none avail.

Seems as if you get closer to a PPI, sellers tend to disclose more than what they had intially said. Really frustrated at the entire gamut of this search.

Thanks for listening

//end rant

Jerry

Keep at it man. Took me about 6 months of the same routine as you-twice a day, before I was lucky enough to be the first caller on a newly posted ad. Luck and timing do have something to do with finding your NSX!
-Tip: When searching nationwide via craigslist, use a site called crazedlist.org. You will be able to search across whatever/or all cities you'd like to search for in a single shot.

Sometimes it takes time to find the car you want. It's not uncommon for some members here to take up to a year (or more) to find the "right" car. Keep at it. Patience is good when looking for a clean NSX.

I echo the sentiments. Keep at it! I went through over 6 months and over 14 NSX's before I found the one I have. It's worth the wait. Just be sure to know exactly what you want and keep looking.

How much are you looking at spending?

Bat™

Around $40-45 (+,-)

Keep at it man. Took me about 6 months of the same routine as you-twice a day, before I was lucky enough to be the first caller on a newly posted ad. Luck and timing do have something to do with finding your NSX!
-Tip: When searching nationwide via craigslist, use a site called crazedlist.org. You will be able to search across whatever/or all cities you'd like to search for in a single shot.

Thank you for the tip, tend to have a problem with that site and Mozilla. Guess right now I'm short on luck AND time :redface:

Sometimes it takes time to find the car you want. It's not uncommon for some members here to take up to a year (or more) to find the "right" car. Keep at it. Patience is good when looking for a clean NSX.

I echo the sentiments. Keep at it! I went through over 6 months and over 14 NSX's before I found the one I have. It's worth the wait. Just be sure to know exactly what you want and keep looking.

Everyone has been so helpful here on Prime. Especially those of you (nsx1) whom convinced me to keep at it, just as I was settling for any NSX. Been checking the same sites over and over again; sometimes I guestion myself if the pursuit is even worth.

To date, I've driven 3 NSXs and have personally seen another 10 or so from AutoTrader/Cars.com. Believe me when I say a correlation exist between sale price and owner abuse.

If anyone knows of a Spa Yellow, White, Black, on a NA2, please PM me.
Thanks for everyone's feedback, guess I'm just frustrated and babbling about nothing.

Jerry

Took just about 2 years for me... I had been looking for a '97 Spa Yellow in the 45-50 range... The ones that popped up that fit the bill sold really fast and one guy decided not to sell his after all. I finally found one here in my back yard (Mesa, AZ), so no sales tax and it had a couple of extra mods that I don't mind at all. A word of encouragement: it was totally worth the wait. :)

Your halfway there...don't give up! It is amazing when you get to bring one of these cars home. It is a mind altering event.

Jerry don't give up yet! You've gone pretty far already! Besides, maybe you'll give me the extra motivation to get myself a perfect NSX for myself too :biggrin:
Hope to see you around sometime soon again!

Eric

It'll be worth your wait. :biggrin: In the mean time you can save up for the fun bolt ons...:biggrin:

Dont give up! It is always frustrating when you want some real bad and you can't quite get your hands on it. It took me about six months. I waited 8 months for the first RX-7 came out.

Keep at it, you will be glad you did!

Mario

Such a welcoming community Prime is. I thank each and everyone for all the encouragement.

As of today 11/07, have zero prospects and no new leads for a Spa Yellow NSX; Prefer pre-2002's. If someone knows one out there, please PM me.

Jerry

Back