• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Re-build Automatic Trany

The Green drive light will blink if i really get on it, that is, untill I turn the car off. I believe this is indicative of a trany problem...

The Green drive light will blink if i really get on it, that is, untill I turn the car off. I believe this is indicative of a trany problem...
That indeed is Transmission control unit CEL.
You can read that out by connecting the white service connector in your on your passenger side next to your sub woofer under the glove box, lift up the carpet. (insert a paper clip).

This will then put the ECU in diagnostics mode it will flash a coded message, you will need to count the flashes, there is a article in the NSX Wiki how to do this.

This will show you what is the problem.
It might be a small issue not requiring a new transmission.
Also what year is your car? if it's post 1994 it will have a F-Matic transmission with a column mounted shifter.

On the topic of aftermarket upgrades,
Ritmo makes/made a control unit upgrade allowing you to program shift pattern and various other details in the transmission.
Other option would be a aftermarket TQ convertor which i would not recommend for a NSX as if your going for those kind of mods get a manual transmission.

Slightly off topic,
I've been noticing a growing number of EPS (powersteering) and AT (automatic transmission) failures last few months.

Last edited:
"I've been noticing a growing number of EPS (powersteering) and AT (automatic transmission) failures last few months."

Heat?
I've been doing this for nearly five years this is a sudden spike.
A lot of early series cars but oddly i've head two 02's with rack issues as well.

Back