• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Re-Introducing the LoveFab NSX Twin Chamber Coolant Tank with Integrated Catch Can

Hi Everyone,
This is Tabitha Lohr, I will be processing all LoveFab coolant tank orders :smile:
We still offer this great reliable product, and just wanted to maintain a permanent thread.

Product Pricing: See below.

2013-02-07_11-26-32_600_zps50964b33.jpg

Have you ever been to the track with your NSX, had it overheat, or even just warm up past optimal operating temperature? Have you also experienced the absolute mess of coolant spraying out of the factory swirl tank, usually combined with the horror of slippery coolant coating your rear tires in the middle of a high-G, high-speed corner? Chances are, if you’ve tracked your NSX, you have.

We have transformed a time-tested product into one neat package; the Twin Chamber Coolant Tank. We’ve used this design principle for seven years, including being proven on the 754WHP Pikes Peak NSX running 24psi of boost at 14,115FT, and have had zero messes since! In addition to keeping the coolant INSIDE of the coolant system, these tanks are extremely sturdy. Each tank is built from .125” wall aluminum square stock, with .125” thick end caps, which are meticulously TIG welded to form a sealed tank. The tanks are incredibly sturdy, because there are only two welds per tank. The welds themselves are in a relatively low stress zone, which prevents “flexing” of the weld, which has led to the demise of many aluminum tanks in the past. We are so confident of our tanks that we are offering a Lifetime Replacement Warranty against failure.

The NSX engine bay is fairly cramped as it is. The vast majority of our customers use some form of forced induction, and benefit from a catch can. Instead of trying to find a place for a catch can, or shoehorning a catch can directly above the front header (which is a fire hazard!), we have implemented a catch can into our Twin Chamber coolant tank. The installation takes just minutes, and the result is a very clean and natural looking presence within the engine bay. The catch can features a -10AN bung that can be capped off and used for a drain, or returned back to the oil pan if you would prefer not to hassle with draining catch cans.

Finally, we hate fussing with hoses and hose clamps. We decided to revolutionize the coolant tank market by making AN fittings standard on all of our tanks. The pushlock fittings included with each tank(and catch can) are a one-time-installation, with no clamps required. Maintenance becomes a breeze when you don’t have to stretch, pry, and more often than not, tear the coolant hoses off of their connections. Simply loosen the AN fitting, and twist it off with one hand.

We are offering these tanks to NSXPrimers in two colors, in two configurations.

Twin Chamber Coolant Tank in Red or Black: $340.99

2013-02-07_11-46-43_421_zpsac1957dd.jpg

2013-02-07_11-46-24_776_zpse8cf020e.jpg

Comes with:
(2) 19psi Mishimoto Radiator Caps
(1)1/8” pushlock fitting
(1)-6AN pushlock fitting
(1)-8AN pushlock fitting
(1) coolant hose

Twin Chamber Coolant tank with integrated Catch Can: $510.99

2013-02-07_11-42-31_483_zpsabef9b24.jpg

2013-02-07_11-43-00_673_zpsd9323433.jpg

2013-02-07_11-44-21_940_zps2bf513f4.jpg

Comes with:
(2) 19psi Mishimoto Radiator Caps
(1) 1/8” pushlock fitting
(1) -6AN valve cover fitting(front valve cover)
(2) -6AN Straight pushlock fittings
(1) -6AN 90deg pushlock fitting
(1) -8AN Straight pushlock fitting
(1) -8AN 90 deg pushlock fitting
(1) -10AN 90 deg pushlock fitting
(1) -10AN female cap
(1) Breather filter
(1) coolant hose
(2) catch can hoses

Installed pictures:

2013-01-18_17-21-11_313.jpg

2013-01-18_17-25-41_272.jpg

2013-01-18_17-27-36_746.jpg

We are offering a 15% Off Sale until January 1st!
https://www.lovefab.com/Store/Produ...n-chamber-coolant-tank-catch-can/Default.aspx (3 Black In Stock Now)
https://www.lovefab.com/Store/Produ...18/nsx-twin-chamber-coolant-tank/Default.aspx (Built To Order. Will Ship Within 2 Weeks)

Last edited:
The price listed includes the 15% off I am assuming?

We have five tanks in stock for immediate shipment at a discounted rate until January 1st.

Twin Chamber Coolant tank with integrated Catch Can: $449.99

https://www.lovefab.com/Store/Produc...n/Default.aspx

Call (231) 421-1406 or (855) 659-8799 to place a order.

Last edited:
We had never sold any red tanks, so we had them all done in black. We can discuss a red tank for you Curt, as we have some other components going in for red shortly that would could easily add a tank to.

Getting painted by the same folks that powdercoated my valve covers and intake cover?
Do a combo tank to match my existing?

Grrrr. I will look into it, we've been having problems with the site and thought we had it resolved, as an order went through successfully last week. In the meantime, call into the shop and we can process the order manually over the phone and ship today.

- - - Updated - - -

The Twin Chamber Coolant tanks(no catch cans) only need to be called-in to be ordered, and we are currently out of stock, though we are now building a small batch to facilitate a couple of orders. Thanks everyone!

Vouching for this piece. Excellent quality and fit. Swivel fittings are awesome too but fyi take your oem clamp off the push on Fitting side since they wont (and shouldnt) go over the push in fitting barbs.

Grrrr. I will look into it, we've been having problems with the site and thought we had it resolved, as an order went through successfully last week. In the meantime, call into the shop and we can process the order manually over the phone and ship today.

- - - Updated - - -

The Twin Chamber Coolant tanks(no catch cans) only need to be called-in to be ordered, and we are currently out of stock, though we are now building a small batch to facilitate a couple of orders. Thanks everyone!

that was likely mine. whats the time frame on shipping? black can going to GA

Forgive the noob questions, but why is the coolant reservoir divided into two separate chambers? How does the coolant flow between the two tanks? Have any pictures/schematics of how the two tanks work together? Thanks

Think of it as a "catch can" for the coolant reservoir. Instead of dumping all over the ground, the Coolant is retained, pressurized, and returned back to the engine through the primary tank.
Ahhh, I get it now. That's a pretty slick idea! Well done Cody. I just might have to pick one up.

We had never sold any red tanks, so we had them all done in black. We can discuss a red tank for you Curt, as we have some other components going in for red shortly that would could easily add a tank to.

How about silver? I see it as a choice on your website. If you need a little time to get this done, I have no problem waiting a little until you have other silver parts going in for powdercoating.

Any pics of the exact color silver you use? Thanks.

How about silver? I see it as a choice on your website. If you need a little time to get this done, I have no problem waiting a little until you have other silver parts going in for powdercoating.

Any pics of the exact color silver you use? Thanks.

We've never had a silver request, so sorry, no samples. We can build another tank for you, or simply strip a black tank to speed ship times. It would be your standard metallic silver though we could go darker if you're looking for more of an anthracite.

We've never had a silver request, so sorry, no samples. We can build another tank for you, or simply strip a black tank to speed ship times. It would be your standard metallic silver though we could go darker if you're looking for more of an anthracite.

Ok, great. I was thinking along the lines of gunmetal.

Can you spend a moment and elaborate about the features (internal baffling/filter media etc) of your catch can? Also, is it worth having a catch can on a NA application? Some say it's necessary with only FI. Thanks

We've never found a need for baffling, etc, though others will argue otherwise. We were more concerned about keeping coolant INSIDE the engine, vs. outside on the ground, where coolant often ends up on an NSX. If you track your car, these tanks are a must in my opinion. A street car likely won't see the benefits, though perhaps with your SoCal climate, you'll get pretty warm on a spirited drive.

Thanks for the info Cody. I do not plan to track the NSX, but I like the benefits a catch can offers.

One more question regarding the catch can if I may. The 'IN' port seems about an inch too low. It seems one would have to drain the captured oil regularly in order for the oil not to get high enough and block the port or start backflowing, especially with spiriting driving and the sloshing effect. Approximately how many miles can you go before this would occur? Or maybe better yet, what's the volume of space below the 'IN' port? Probably a lot and I'm over thinking this.

Back