• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Rear BBK options

So I will be custom fitting some Brembos on the fronts, and I just have the rears left.

I've done some searching, but haven't really found anything good.
So:
What options do we have for a rear BBK?

My fronts will be 4 pot Brembos with 300mm rotors, and it seems most rears BBKs are 4 pot ~330mm, making the rears larger than the fronts.
Would like to keep parking brake.
Not looking to spend a ton of money, just looking really to upgrade the puny looking brakes especially since I'll be running 18/19s.

As of now, I'm leaning to just upgrade to NA2 rear calipers and rotors (303mm).

A similar project I did on my GF's S:
319005_864405188355_2124215362_n.jpg

My 350Z track model came with Brembos and I've often wondered why no one retrofitted the rear twin piston calipers to any NSX. They are'nt huge but are indeed brembo and likely would fit behind most any wheel. Of course you'd have to strip the gold paint and paint it red. I'm imagine Titanium Dave could work you up a bracket. Just an idea.

This is one of the many reasons I went with the WPPro system, since it gave me the option to do all 4 rotors and calipers. It was a FANTASTIC setup both on the street as well as on the track. Very functional, but also had show quality to it.

This is what it looked like:
HIJACKER_NSX-2011.jpg

Which Brembo caliper are you using? If you want the best recommendation for a BBK in the rear you should look into the brake bias calculations that Dali put together.
http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1923#BrakeBiasTable

Keep in mind that the OEM 97+ brakes have a 298mm front and a 303 mm rear, so that's probably your best bet. The unknowns at this point, however, are the front piston sizes. You need this information to get a proper braking bias calculation.

DC5R. Can be had pretty cheap. Same as the TL type S I believe. Custom work needs to be done to make them fit though.

Let's see, so the piston sizes match up with 2002 Type R if I did the NA2 brakes:
<table><tbody><tr><td>JDM 2002 Type-R </td> <td> JDM 2002 Type-R </td> <td> 36.00 </td> <td> 40.00 </td> <td> 48.00 </td> <td>
</td> <td> 298.00 </td> <td> 303.00 </td> <td> 25.15 </td> <td>2,481,145 </td> <td>2,010,122 </td> <td>55.24%</td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
... which makes the ratio 55.24% f/r (almost, 2mm difference on front rotors). I read the text below the chart, but I still don't know what makes the a certain brake bias ideal.

My 350Z track model came with Brembos and I've often wondered why no one retrofitted the rear twin piston calipers to any NSX. They are'nt huge but are indeed brembo and likely would fit behind most any wheel. Of course you'd have to strip the gold paint and paint it red. I'm imagine Titanium Dave could work you up a bracket. Just an idea.
Hmmmm, might have to look into this. If any Honda had a rear Brembo caliper (that looked good), it would be so much easier...

This is one of the many reasons I went with the WPPro system, since it gave me the option to do all 4 rotors and calipers. It was a FANTASTIC setup both on the street as well as on the track. Very functional, but also had show quality to it.

This is what it looked like:
HIJACKER_NSX-2011.jpg

+1
1812B7F4-4FEE-4819-9796-821DD471819A-2726-000004CC8D878781.jpg

a word of caution on rear bbk and the track...you have to know that the kit was tested and the balance or bias is close to oem or at least has higher torque and mu in the front.many of us real trackers have only a front bbk and use the oem rear calipers and mix pads to help achieve good results...If you are just blinging than you may be okay.......but just make sure your master and fluid volume is enough to work the larger and more numerous pistons effectively....ymmv.

Back