• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Brake Ducts

Cool DanO!

You da man - please let us know how it goes and be prepared to give us a full run down of parts, etc.

Cheap, effective, easy, and cheap! Nicky likes it!

Well, the ducts seemed to work well today!

Driver's side rear was 250-300 degrees cooler. Passenger's side was about 150 degrees cooler. I think the passenger's side inlet is too close to the oil pan deflector and therefore does not get as much air...I will inspect further...

The ducts/parts are two 20" sections of 3" 350F neoprene aircraft hose and a bunch of nylon ties. I’m a bit concerned about the durability of the nylon ties so I’ll be inspecting these over the course of the next several track events until I (or someone else) comes up with a better alternative. A 10’ section of hose is about $75.00 shipped from Porterfield, but I bet there are cheaper places to buy the hose, especially since 40” is all that’s needed.

DanO

DanO said:
The ducts/parts are two 20" sections of 3" 350F neoprene aircraft hose and a bunch of nylon ties. I’m a bit concerned about the durability of the nylon ties so I’ll be inspecting these over the course of the next several track events until I (or someone else) comes up with a better alternative. A 10’ section of hose is about $75.00 shipped from Porterfield, but I bet there are cheaper places to buy the hose, especially since 40” is all that’s needed.

You can get a six foot length for $36 here (click on page 110). Or, if you happen to be going to Acura of Brookfield, you can stop by there as well; it's very close by!

Thanks Dan and Ken - looks very promising!!! I am trying to think of a better way to mount and secure them but nothing comes to mind after looking at your pictures. If someone has any suggestions or I figure something out I will let you know...

Back