• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear / Centre Console speaker

Me again...

Does anyone know how to disable the speaker in the rear of the centre console. I think the amp there must be knackered as its just make a clicking noise. I can't be bothered replacing it, its too much effort to take the centre console apart, so I just want to remove that particular speaker from the system..
????

The amp for the center speaker is in the sub box. However, I think the easiest way to disable it will be to open the center glove box, remove 4-6x phillips screws, locate two wires going to speaker, cut.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

take out the center armrest in by 4or 6 screws and the pull the panels off the back of the car and the piece covering the speaker is in by six screws and the you can unplug it from there, seem to be a better way of fixing it for now.

Hi Taff
Nice to hear from a fellow 'Englander'
My recently purchased '91 has a similarly non-functional speaker. I am considering trying to source the amp and replace it with anything other than Bose. It would be interesting to see how you get on with yours.

Hi,

Still trying to work out which screws I need to undo, mine appears to be screw-less !!

Map co-ordinates would be useful....!!!

And whilst I'm living in England, as the name suggests, I'm actually Welsh..

(To all of you from the US of A, look at a map of the UK to find Wales, or look at a rugby book...)

I believe their to be covers over the screws inside of the console, their is a fake bottom in the console. This speaker is the only 4 ohm speaker in the car....I replaced all speakers except for this one and went to a central amp mounted in my trunk. Had a 7 inch sub put in the stock passenger side foot well area (looks totally stock) Stereo sounds 20 times better, all for the approx. cost of replacing on speaker/amp, cost me about $1200

I'm having the same problem with my center speaker. I was told to lift the carpet off of the sub box and disconect the center speaker from the amp. No screws to remove.

(Disclaimer... I havent tried it yet)

Jonathan

Back