• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rear lexan hatch

Originally posted by Gerry Johnson:
The wieght difference is alot probably 1/4 or better than stock. I do not drive my car in the rain, however I did make a cover so that if I ever did get caught out in the rain I wouldn't get my motor all dirty.I would like to post a picture of the hatch from the side however I don't know how. HELP?

Well, first you have to put the picture somewhere on the web - then you have to link to it in your post. You can link to it with either html or ubb code. Start a new line in your post with an image tag like this: "
wwww..." and then close with another tag like this "
" again with no quotes. Easy!

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

looks good, obvisouly i would not want the exact same as yours because i don't like running around with identicle things everyone else has.
i have 2 questions:

stupid computer;
1. can we make the scoop a little smaller (i'm not turbo charged so no need for that much air) maybe between SOS and gerry's
2. you said you would need 20 units to be cost efficent no problem with 20 units i know at least 3 people that want this kinda thing here in Tampa, Fl however half of mugens price is still nearly $3000- right? i too was looking to spend around $600-1200
stuart

yeah but $1200 gets you SOS with the small scoop and although the quality i'm sure is superior the scoop opening is just too small. however, if i read chris' email right he said he is developing a new rear lexan glass?!?!?! if so maybe we could get some small details on it if not i agree a group bye on something like this would defently be something i'm intrested in.
stuart

The wing is the WingsWest commando. The price for just the piece lexan for the hatch is around $400.00 cut to size, but that is a flat piece not formed to the factory glass shape. It would be alot more costly to have them done in a mold but a much better finish product.Also remember that the frame is around $700.00 and the molding is around $125.00,that does not include the labor for drilling and mounting the lexan to the frame.

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
Just so we don't all duplicate each other's efforts - I have contacted Five Star to see what sort of cost they are talking about. I'll report here on my findings.

Well, it took 2 inquiries to get the following response from Five Star:
"Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with the assistance that
you require. We appreciate your inquiry and suggest that you consult
specialty trade magazines.
I apologize for the delay in response.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Gerry -

Cool Ride. Tasteful mods.

Are those Wings West side skirts?
Also, what kind/size wheels are those?

Your lexan hatch is also way cool. Much respect for getting crafty and doing it yourself.

I made the headlights to fit the stock mounting holes, no holes to drill and they wire straight into the stock headlight harness, it is a simple install, however designing the lights was not so easy.

Originally posted by Gerry Johnson:
I made the headlights to fit the stock mounting holes, no holes to drill and they wire straight into the stock headlight harness, it is a simple install, however designing the lights was not so easy.
Could you post a close-up view of these cool headlights ?

Back