• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

REAR SCOOPS?

Other than lexan/carbon scoops from 1,500-4500 has anyone seen any thing else out there?
I would actually prefer a scoop that could be on the roof and end gradually before the glass.Similar to the scoop on the green "Fast and Furious" car.If youve seen it and remember it.
Then that brings up the question who can work one into the roof and work w/ the aluminum etc./

------------------

Define "into the roof." Do you mean "stick it on the roof"? If you cut all the way through the middle of the roof on a coupe you'll cut through the stiffening bar. If you do it all the way towards the back you are into the B pillar connecting bar which is a Bad Place To Cut.

What is your goal here? I assume it is strictly cometic (same as the car in the Fast & Furious) since there is no practical advantage I can think of to a scoop on your roof that doesn't go into the engine compartment. It just adds drag and probably a lot of wind noise at speed.

It is your car, but I really, really have to question this mod. If you have to have a scoop, get one of the scoops that mounts on the engine hatch.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 15 February 2002).]

Is that what you are looking for ?
http://www.nsxsc.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000081.html

white_cool3_sm.jpg

With all the work that obviously went into that car I am amazed that the hood is so far off of lining up properly.

Yes,
The scoop on the hood is exactly what I'm talking about.Do you think a body shop could create that for me from a somewhat generic scoop and work it in ?
What do you think is a fair price to do that work and re-shoot the top in black,(only the top of my NSX is black.

------------------

LUD,
Yes just a cosmetic thing is nessesaraly(cant spell)all im looking for.I dont mind the rear hatch/lexan @ 1500 approx.(SOS)its just the one that is the right price doesn't look as noticable in profile as the one @ 4,500.00 (Dali)does (but that price is way out).
Any suggestions.
Theres a guy in AZ that built a scoop himself on his black car which if I remember correctly he did not change the rear glass.Now that baby looks like a Mclaren.And in my opinion .Looks really nice.

------------------

Back