• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear wheel stock camber angle

Hi

I just replaced my rear tires since the inside shoulder had worn down to the belts:eek:. Rathern than retire another set of Dunlops early:mad:, I'm planning to have the rear wheel camber angle reset as the car is clearly sitting on the inside edge of the rear wheels when you view it from a few feet.

Does anyone know the stock rear wheel camber angle for a 95 NSX-T so that I can get the alignment shop to check the current setting compared to the stock setting and reset it to stock in case the PO changed it at some point. If it is stock (which I somehow doubt), then I'll just get them to pull the lower tie rods in a little.

It looks like pulling the lower tie rod inwards will push the outside top of the wheel out a little and even out the wear from the inside shoulder.

Thanks

My alignment shop's computer lists the rear camber specifications as -1 to -2 degrees for all years. It should be easy to get these specs unless you've lowered you car. With Bilsteins on the lower perch I was still able to get -1.8 degrees. Tire wear is much better at this setting. Of course the car won't perform quite as well at this setting but I'm not racing it so I don't care. Some racers I've talked to will run more negative camber (closer to -3 or -4)but pay for it with tire wear.

Toe is also critical. Stock specs for the rear are .20 to .30 degrees for left and right or .45 to .55 degrees total. From what I've read, when you mess with toe it effects the camber and visa versa so it helps to have a real time computer rack to get it in spec.

I couldn't believe the difference when I took my car to Bullit Automotive (Phoenix, AZ) for a four wheel alignment. Car drives like a dream now.

What you need to do is this, get your car aligned at a shop, once you have the #s, order this camber kit and send in the info off the alignment sheet. The kits are for lowered NSX's.

http://www.geocities.com/thomayotte/AyotteTech.html

I had the same problem, my car is real low so I needed the agressive camber kit, sounds like you definetly need to get it, fixes the problem. New tires won't fix the problem they will just wear out again.

my rears were -3.5 camber per side with no tire life before the Ayotte kit.
I have over 5000 miles so far since the kit install and its well designed with zero problem.

the setting now is -1.5 camber with min. toe= greater tire life.

Ayotte has a mild kit for cars not lowered than 3".

The Ayotte kit is well-designed and a great benefit to many NSX owners. But it is not for everyone. My wheels are sized (offsets) such that while lowered the outer edges of the wheel come right out to the edge of the car. Using this kit on my car would push the tops of the wheels out beyond the edge of the car. Not an issue on most cars, but very real for cars with more aggressive offsets in the rear.

Just my $0.01 (inflation)

J

I had to use spacers with the kit but my tires were doin exactly what he is having a problem with, worked out fine for me.

Last edited:
Remember to reduce the toe! If you run the stock toe in numbers, you will still get quite a bit of tire wear. I run -2.6 degrees on the rear with 0.1 degree toe in and am very happy with my tire wear. I also think this eliminates snap over steer when used with rigid rear beam bushings and toe links.

my rears were -3.5 camber per side with no tire life before the Ayotte kit.
I have over 5000 miles so far since the kit install and its well designed with zero problem.

the setting now is -1.5 camber with min. toe= greater tire life.

Ayotte has a mild kit for cars not lowered than 3".

Same here -3.5 on the rear before the kit.

Back