• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recaro Pole Positions & SOS Sliding Seat Rails

Speedy Gonzales said:
One more? :biggrin:
Thanks for the time you take to explain and answer my questions.
You are talking a little over my head. What are ABE and FIA? I want a Recaro seat but worry about the stock seat belt installation. Are the side holes bigger on the ABE seats that you have than the FIA?

FIA is the govening body of world motorsport.

http://www.fia.com/index_1024.html

ABE? I haven't got a cuckoo what that means? Can any germans explain?

Don't worry about the stock seat belt installation. If you're concerned, talk to Chris at SOS.

Yes the side holes are bigger and lower on the ABE model. This doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to fit them OK on the standard FIA model? *Although all the pics I've seen on prime show the clickers on the outside of the seats?

Hey! I thought they'd be more people using these seats?

attachment.php

That seat is PERFECT. How do I get one just like it? That is the only one that I have seen that the seatbolt buckle fits through the hold into the seat like that al la NSX-R/S.

Great setup Speedy Gonzales... Looks really good

Forgive me for hijacking this thread..... I also have the Recaro PP's and looking for a set of sliding or fixed mounts if it's not extremely difficult to get in.. if anyone is willing to sell theirs, please PM me. :biggrin:

Looks like you can get them in the UK, maybe Germany too.

Dealer Search
They are on eBay UK from this guy
Colours & Fabrics:

£410 Perlon velour black
£410 Perlon velour blue
£410 Perlon velour red
£430 Nardo / Artista black
£465 Ambla leather black / Dinamica suede red
£465 Ambla leather black / Dinamica suede blue
£465 Ambla leather black / Dinamica suede black
£465 Ambla leather black / Dinamica suede beige
£465 Ambla leather black / Dinamica suede silver
£745 Leather black

The exchange rate is a killer here in the states. $1650/side for the leather ones. Figure tax/shipping and maybe $2k a seat.

Strange, Pole Position with ABE is £314. Pole position without ABE is £318. I was expecting ABE to be more costly. Anyway, I think shipping the seat from UK might cost more than the seat itself :eek:

I just noticed something..... Pole position with ABE has no FIA logo on it.

Henry.

Thanks for the compliments :cool: ...OK you've asked a few good questions...

The red stitching is not a Recaro custom order or standard. I have had these seats recovered by the main UK Recaro reseller who also have a retrim shop. They are factory approved and can replace logos to company spec.

I originally bought these in black ambla leather (vinyl) on the bolsters and red dinamica suede (alcantara look-a-like) centre panels with black shell. You can choose between black, red, blue, beige or silver centre panels and black, gun metallic or silver metallic painted back shells. There is a plain white logo on the headrest. These look very similar to Type-S seats and I've attached a photo. Once the seats were originally mounted in my car, I decided against the red! :confused: ...in my opinion it was too much for a red car.

The seat belt and buckle mount directly to the top of the seat rails. When you slide the rails the belt mounts also move with the seat. There are only four mounting points on the seat shell. Two bolts either side.

One thing to mention...I purchased Recaro Pole Positions with ABE which I believe might only be available in Europe?

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=730&L=2

You can download the PDF Prospekt Motorsport (1,37MB) brochure to view all options although it is in german:

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=738&L=2

In Europe this is the only 'shell seat' on the market from any manufacturer with TuV certification for road use as the lower side-bolster belt apperture has been specially designed to allow a standard 3 point seat belt be inserted into the seat, improving both comfort and safety.

As far as I am aware, the Recaro Pole Position (FIA) seat is identical in dimensions except for the hole size and position. This model would suit a racing harness better.

In the SOS installation reference guide, it states "depending on the seat used, it may be necessary to slightly bend the seat belt retainer to match the curvature of the seat base". I had to mount the L shape clicker bracket differently to suit the ABE seat. I presume that it would mount as per the installation instructions with the FIA (USA) seat.

How does it feel?? it feels goood!!!! excellent lateral support especially at the shoulders. They're very comfortable on long trips. I mainly use my car on the road, although I do some track days. Personally I don't think that there is anything wrong with the original seats. They are very comfortable if lacking alittle support. But they are also as heavy as hell with the electric motors. These new ones would blow away in the wind if you weren't careful!! :tongue:

I've never had a real issue with headroom before. 3/4"...what's that 19mm? it's not alot and I won't tell you that it feels black and white against the original seats. The highest setting however felt very high. You definitely feel more in the car now. As long as I wasn't higher than OEM then I'm happy.

Hope I haven't bored you guys to death with all this seat talk! :wink:

How much was it for the custom cover with red stitching?

I'd love to have these, but my mental math is stopping me from pursuing it.

My guesstimates would be:
$2k per seat if we are lucky (custom recovered as above)
$300 per side for rails
$??? shipping, tax and customs
= $5k++

Too close to the price of a real NSX-S on YJ for me.

I'd love to have these, but my mental math is stopping me from pursuing it.

My guesstimates would be:
$2k per seat if we are lucky (custom recovered as above)
$300 per side for rails
$??? shipping, tax and customs
= $5k++

Too close to the price of a real NSX-S on YJ for me.

$2,000 per a seat? wow

i just plan to get the red velour and the GRP shell

cool seats speedy, definetly one of the best one I've seen so far. very nice set up.

how's the ride? comfy or bumpy?

btw, you are in sf and have a right hand drive nsx?

Back