• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendations:Best Tire Wear

Shopping for a full set of new tires.

Ran the search multiple times but did not come across much. I know I have seen many great posts on this topic thru the years but I could not find anything solid.

I would greately appreciate any advice/suggestions on experience with best tire wear.

I have always ran Dunlop SP Sport FM901s with 215/40/17 and 245/40/17s.

I would like to find the best tire wear combo with the widest tire possible.

My rims will fit up to 275/35s in the rear, only problem is finding matching tires to match front.

thanks!!

FM901 is IMO very old technology and poor traction on wet... DZ101 is the replacement and had been on market for couple years. It is good with my miata, (good as I could slide the car easily and the tires will slip with my almighty 97whp...) I will never put the tire on nsx.

Instead of going for widest tires, you better off going with a set of good tires that matches nsx's performance.

Depending on how you drive and your car's alignment, different tires wears out differently. I had first hand experience that Max peformance summer tires outlast OEM all season tires, it's more due to my driving style and habbit, and it's not on nsx.

I purchased Yokohama s.drives 215/40/17s and 275/40/17s.

I will post my thoughts on them after I still them.

I have the gsd3 Goodyear and I loved them for a while. But after a few years they are as hard as ever and slide all over the place. They are not worn out at all, but I am having to replace them do to no traction, they don't wear now. I have about 8k miles on them.

Back