• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Red/Black 1991 NSX up for auction in Socal

In my constant search for an nsx I came across this listing today:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3189087691.html

It is a 1991 red/black NSX, 5 spd, VIN# JH4NA1157MT002849
According to the ad, it is up for auction by the LA County Public Administrator

I was going to go check it out tomorrow and possibly bid, however I have never been to a car auction before so I'm not sure what to expect. Anyone have any experience with car auctions and can give me some pointers? Also, does anyone have info on this particular NSX? I tried running the VIN# but didn't get any useful results.

Thanks!

In my constant search for an nsx I came across this listing today:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3189087691.html

It is a 1991 red/black NSX, 5 spd, VIN# JH4NA1157MT002849
According to the ad, it is up for auction by the LA County Public Administrator

I was going to go check it out tomorrow and possibly bid, however I have never been to a car auction before so I'm not sure what to expect. Anyone have any experience with car auctions and can give me some pointers? Also, does anyone have info on this particular NSX? I tried running the VIN# but didn't get any useful results.

Thanks!

You just have to go there and register for a small deposit and bid for the items you want. Typical sale tax plus audition fees. The full payment maybe expected on the same day or within a few days. All items are sold 'as is'.

Let's know how much it went for. GL.

Car went for 25.5K. It was very clean and everything functioned probably except for the digital display for the radio. Even all the fan controls worked fine. However I did look at the transmission number and it is in the snap ring range.

Overall someone got a great car.

Car went for 25.5K. It was very clean and everything functioned probably except for the digital display for the radio. Even all the fan controls worked fine. However I did look at the transmission number and it is in the snap ring range.

Overall someone got a great car.

Thanks for the info.

I did get some info on the car later on. Apparently the car was sitting in the county lot for a few years and it was not running as of Friday. Not sure how it was running by the time it hit the auction.

Assuming all is working, $25.5 is an 'ok' price considering the 15% auction fee and over $1k of back registration fee.

Back