• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remarks by Takeo Fukui, President and CEO, Honda Motor Co., Ltd. -- North American In

I guess those of us who are dissapointed with the show cars 3.x L v6 no longer need to worry.... or do we!!!??? :)

how to justify the "no rival exist" philosophy???

there are supercars ranging from 300-650hp+
prices from $90k-1M
engines from V6 - V12

is the new NSX going to fly???

I don't think he's referring to performance here. That would mean that the NSX would have to compete against the ultra high end "boutique" supercars which is just unrealistic.

No rival exist = hybrid supercar

JMO

hybrid V8 putting out 600 HP would sure sound nice.
hybrid V10....hmmmmm :)

The introduction remark is consistent with what I've heard. Reps had indicated that 04 is the last year of the current generation NSX. There will be no 05 NSX (to ensure all the 04s are depleted). An 06 will have early intro on spring/summer 05

If it is a hybrid Then Honda has lost me.Save the hybrid for a dnx type gt and keep perfecting the evolution of nsx as pure light na and reliable.

I keep wondering if maybe they'll have 2 models. One hybrid, and one non hybrid. But wouldn't that make the hybrid the performance model though? I know it probably doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint, but some of these rumors don't either. I fear that some of them may be true though.....

I've been hearing same stuffs about 2 different grade NSX's, one that goes for $50k and the full-out $100k version, for the last 3 years now, straight from the mouths of different Acura sales rep all over town. How much of this info has any merit? Who knows? Only time will tell.

White92 said:
I keep wondering if maybe they'll have 2 models. One hybrid, and one non hybrid. But wouldn't that make the hybrid the performance model though?
It could make the hybrid model the 0-60 and horsepower king for the people who like big numbers, and the non-hybrid model the one that actually performs well all around for people who want a fast track car. ;)

I don't know if I'd trust anything out of the mouth of the local Acura sales reps. Most of those guys new jack about even the new TL until it hit the showroom floor. I seriously doubt they know anything concrete about the next NSX or HSC.

2 versions of the NSX is conceiveable and makes sense finacially and technically. I believe the Hybrid rumor is a smoke screen and the expensive version will likely have a V8.

Honda has been dodging the issue about the V8. I don't recall any Honda official saying outright that V8 is officially out. I remember an interview with x-CEO Mr. Yoshino and his response was that it was something they rather not discuss. Historically, when Honda rather not talk about something, its because they are cooking up something.

Several years ago, Honda dismissed they were developing a Pick up truck, and look what they showed us at the Detroit show.

Back