• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remove hood vents?

Anyone know how to remove the hood vents? I'm not sure the correct way and don't want to break anything.

Attachments

• 20230415_165620.jpg
    20230415_165620.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230415_165612.jpg
    20230415_165612.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I found a photo of them removed, which makes me even more confused. Those screws are completely covered by the inner layer of the hood.

Attachments

• NSX VENT.jpg
    NSX VENT.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 15
Those screws hold in the mesh cover only. The actual vent itself is held in place with clips and double sided tape. Just not sure correct way to pop them out

I see what you mean. I thought the tabs on the side are also mounting points for screws but now that you say that it looks like clips. I think ill be able to just gently use a pry tool from the top. Ill give it a shot this week and let you know if it works. I have new ones on order so ill give it a shot. if it breaks, it breaks.

Nice! Sounds good, let me know how it goes. There are also small holes on the bottom of the vents, I was curious if that is used to put something through them and push them out. Keep me posted!

Nice! Sounds good, let me know how it goes. There are also small holes on the bottom of the vents, I was curious if that is used to put something through them and push them out. Keep me posted!
I forgot to reply back. I just pryed from the top and pushed from the bottom and they popped out. The comment about a heat gun would make this much easier and reduce the chance of breaking tabs. I did break 2 tabs but like I said I ordered new ones.

Guys please subscribe to our channel, this helps us make more videos for you guys!

Yes we have a video on the hood vents and any other 2nd gen parts we sell, please look at our channel:

thanks
EB staff

Back