• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing handbrake knob??

I can't figure out even wit the service manual how to replace my chipped silver handbrake knob.

Any guides or pictures?

Now that is an interesting question! The service manual and parts catalog show it, but neither mention anything about it. I will speculate here, since I have never done this, but I think you will need to remove the leather from the handle, so you can get to the button. Since the button is spring loaded, you will most likely need to push it in, after you get the spring out of the handle. Again, I have never done this, so be sure it is speculation....

HTH,
LArryB

It's been awhile since I changed mine but I think it was just screwed in. I replaced the leather cover at the same time so not sure if its mandatory to remove it or not to remove the button. I replaced mine with the sos billet e-brake button it's a nice piece. Maybe sos will have instructions since they sell the button and usually send instructions with the parts they sell.

It's been awhile since I changed mine but I think it was just screwed in. I replaced the leather cover at the same time so not sure if its mandatory to remove it or not to remove the button. I replaced mine with the sos billet e-brake button it's a nice piece. Maybe sos will have instructions since they sell the button and usually send instructions with the parts they sell.

Just gave a quick call to SoS. You are correct, it just screws out/in. So no need to take the leather off.

Regards,
LarryB

DO NOT USE PLIERS (JAWS) TO REMOVE THIS PIECE. A rubber strap works best and will not mar the chrome plastic piece. It screws on/off

If you are replacing the OEM plastic one with a SOS Stainless button, just put a drop of Lock-Tight on the threads and screw the new one on hand tight and let the Lock-Tight dry. You can get a small packet of Lock-Tight at any auto parts store. You only need one drop. Most auto mechanics will have a bottle in their tool box.
Brad

Back