• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

replacing AC buttons

My AC buttons are really worn and I really want to replace them. I called ACURA, but they said I would have to buy the whole unit for $1000. No thanks.

Anyone have an old unit that doesn't work that I could get some buttons for? Also, anyone know if the buttons can be easily relaced? Do they just pop out? Am I SOL??

Thanks

Attachments

• ac-002.jpg
    ac-002.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 212
The buttons don't just pop out but they do come out. Once you pry them out you will have to glue them back on to the post. I have a display that is missing the knobs that you could salavge the buttons off of. PM me :biggrin:

On a similar note, is it possible to replace the dial nobs on the radio. Mine are starting to show wear and are lighting up on the black outer portion. Nothing major but if it is an easy fix I would like to go for it.

Thanks
-martin

For the radio knobs:

Pull hard on the outer ring of the knob. It will release. Acura DOES sell the radio knobs new. They also sell the AC knobs. I replaced all 4 in my car in under 1 minute.

On the CC buttons.

The button faces unsnap from the bottom. I replaced mine without any kind of glue. It has been a few years, but I do not remember having to glue the faces back on. I hate to go against BrianK's post as I think very highly of the level of knowledge he has, but I do not remember gluing anything at all.

Be VERY careful when removing the two outer buttons. The CC housing is brittle and I took a small piece out of the side of it with the screwdriver while removing the faces. I then had to R/R the whole housing. That I remember!

I will check my inventory of button faces. I pull them off bad CC units.

Bryan

nsxparts.com said:
For the radio knobs:

Pull hard on the outer ring of the knob. It will release. Acura DOES sell the radio knobs new. They also sell the AC knobs. I replaced all 4 in my car in under 1 minute.

On the CC buttons.

The button faces unsnap from the bottom. I replaced mine without any kind of glue. It has been a few years, but I do not remember having to glue the faces back on. I hate to go against BrianK's post as I think very highly of the level of knowledge he has, but I do not remember gluing anything at all.

Be VERY careful when removing the two outer buttons. The CC housing is brittle and I took a small piece out of the side of it with the screwdriver while removing the faces. I then had to R/R the whole housing. That I remember!

I will check my inventory of button faces. I pull them off bad CC units.

Bryan

Thanks!

caseycarson said:
Each knob is about $16 from Acura. (rip off, but it does make a big difference in appearance)

Just need a few buttons. No knobs..

Much thanks for the info guys. I am new to this forum and am very excited to see such an enthusiastic and knowlegable community. Only other place I have seen such a good compilation of resources is club4ag.com (my other fun car)

-martin

Back