• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reputable body shop in lower NY region?

Does anyone know of a reputable body shop that knows how to work on the aluminum of an NSX in the lower NY area? I live up in Orange County but work down in lower Westchester County if that helps get an idea of my general area.

I was on my way to work this morning and made a right hand turn on a green light when a person coming the opposite direction making a left decides they were going to go and drives right into my drivers side rear quarter panel. I'm at a complete loss right now as I've owned this car for less than a year and have been able to drive it for much less time than that. I bought it in Texas, drove it back to NY and put it into storage for the winter, I just got it back out mid-April.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And some pictures of the damage.

Vince's auto body would be worth the distance.Our own NE member pbassjo is one of the masters of nsx repair.

Last edited:
Vince's Auto Body as everyone else says.

Joe Lomoriello is an owner and club member and has probably repaired more NSXs than any other body shop at least on the east coast and possibly in the country. He is in Poughkeepsie.

Besides being an NSX zen master, Joe is one of the nicest and most honest business owners you will ever meet. His photo should be in the dictionary for the definition of "reputable".

Last edited:

Joe Lomoriello is an owner and club member and has probably repaired more NSXs than any other body shop at least on the east coast and possibly in the country. He is in Poughkeepsie.

Besides being an NSX zen master, Joe is one of the nicest and most honest business owners you will ever meet. His photo should be in the dictionary for the definition of "reputable".

or as banana eatin sexy....

or as banana eatin sexy....

Here is the man himself (we were in Japan for NSX Fiesta 2010)

IMG_5385-L.jpg

Haha! That's exactly the type of place/person I'm looking for. I've been screwed over too many times bringing cars to "recommended" facilities and I just can't deal with that when it comes to the NSX.

Thanks guys for all your responses. I hope you never have to know this awful feeling I've got right now and this is at least a small weight lifted from the sinking in my stomach.

Joe will ease your pain.

And if you have any interest in music, check out the photos of him that led to his name "pbassjo" - bass player over the years backing up another NSX owner Vincent Furnier (Alice Cooper) and Chuck Berry among others.

ahh a classic just like our bd spidey........

I had my bumper done by Joe. The best that I know.

Frankie

Just dropped it off at Joe's today. I'll probably see him at the NSXCA dinner before he sees the car, haha.

I'm going too so I'll see you there and you can check his work on my car. LOL!

Frankie

Back