• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Retiring from New England to AZ...saying goodbye..

Although I haven't been too active on Prime ,many of you know me , one of the original owners of my 1993 NSX in little Rhode Island.

Well, finally retired, closed my podiatry practice a year earlier, (massive rotator cuff tear and surgery) in Feb 2014. It was almost 4 months before I was able to drive my NSX sold our home in RI today and driving the baby out in July for our complete move in Sept.

We're still planning on driving to mid-Ohio in Oct,

Gonna miss all those great NH and NY meets, made many great friends here in the NE and plan to still see them at the Nationals.....

Respectfully, Dennis

Good luck with the move!.

How do you like the WRX hatch. I was looking to switch from my es330 to upgrade and grab a '12-'13 WRX hatch as my daily driver. Let me know your likes and dislikes on the car.....Please

Dennis,
Rotator cuff surgery -- been there, done that, also took months to drive the NSX again because it hurt to push the shift lever over to the higher gears.

I didn't find the thread as to where in AZ you are going. My daughter lived in Phoenix for a few years, and I remember the 117 F days in the summer. Of course 117 F during the monsoon season made that temp far worse. No longer did the "but its a dry heat" description work when you can barely see through the steam coming off the sidewalks in the morning! Despite that she loved AZ living, as do friends who live in Sedona, where the temps are a bit more moderate.

Enjoy AZ!

Congratulations ! Retirement is a new phase in your life. I can tell you after being retired 13 years it will be one of the best phases in your life.
Looking forward to seeing you at NSXPO
Best Regards
Ron

Last edited:
Hey Dennis; Good luck with the new local AZ. is going to be a welcome change in the winter. I was in Prescott once when it was 115F but so dry that the sweat just evaporated off your brow.. Good Luck; your friend Clem. PS stay well !!

Have a safe move.....don't forget the sunscreen and big hats:biggrin:

Dennis
Going to miss seeing you at our events. It was great getting to know you and to reconnect to my old friend Jeff through you. I sent you a PM today so please get back to me so we can stay in touch.
All the best in Arizona. Enjoy driving your NSX on some great roads
Alan

Back