• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Returning to Vegas prior to NSXPO2012

Hi

I'm like Stephen Colbert . I am exploring the possibility to not run for president. But to go to NSXPO2012.

I posted in the NSXPO2012 thread. Maybe do the whole LA thing before NSXPO. Then head up to Las Vegas. Hang out with you guys and then drive to NSXPO with you.

It would be super cool to bring my NSX over. But that is not doable. So a rental like the Camaro SS or something is something I am exploring.

How many of you guys are heading to NSXPO 2012? Have I gotten the whole thing messed up? It's about 1.5 days of driving to NSXPO2012 from Las Vegas?

Just exploring at the moment. But maybe I will show up.

Best regards

It can be a 1 1/2 to 2 day drive. I was not thinking about going until this post. I will think about it now. I know the LA and others groups will be driving through LV on the way to NSXPO. Maybe we need to add one day to the XPO here in LV.

From your hotelier, Lance

Hi

I'm like Stephen Colbert . I am exploring the possibility to not run for president. But to go to NSXPO2012.

I posted in the NSXPO2012 thread. Maybe do the whole LA thing before NSXPO. Then head up to Las Vegas. Hang out with you guys and then drive to NSXPO with you.

It would be super cool to bring my NSX over. But that is not doable. So a rental like the Camaro SS or something is something I am exploring.

How many of you guys are heading to NSXPO 2012? Have I gotten the whole thing messed up? It's about 1.5 days of driving to NSXPO2012 from Las Vegas?

Just exploring at the moment. But maybe I will show up.

Best regards

Hi Martin,

It would be good to see you! I haven’t decided if I'm going to Expo either as yet. I have not accrued any vacation time yet with my new employer, so I may not be able to go.

Regards,

Tom

I'm interested in going to XPO this year in CO. I know there might/should be a caravan coming from South Cali going thru Vegas.

I was hoping we have an official NSX Vegas meet sometime soon so we can all discuss a road trip to XPO.

- Jeff

I'm interested in going to XPO this year in CO. I know there might/should be a caravan coming from South Cali going thru Vegas.

I was hoping we have an official NSX Vegas meet sometime soon so we can all discuss a road trip to XPO.

- Jeff

Hi

Please let me know what the result of this is. I still have this idea floating around in my head. So going with the LA and LV crowd-Tom-/+Lance would be cool.

Best regards

Hi

The idea is there inside my head and it won't go away. I checked Hertz's website.

Renting a Camaro SS from tuesday 11.september morning to tuesday 18. september will be $1464.

Doing 370 miles on tuesday and 370 miles on wednesday should be possible. 745 miles in total. And then back again starting sunday.

A roadtrip in the NSX would of course be the best. But I can't take my NSX there so a Camaro V8 would have to do the job.

Would be cool to go the trip with some NSX'es. I will promise to not be in the way if we found ourself in some twisties :biggrin:

Arrival in LV on thursday 6 september. So C&C on saturday should be possible. And then leaving LV some time after 18 september.

Best regards

- Jeff

We can do that. I'll post a date for a get-together so we can talk about that, and some other topics.

Regards,

Tom

We can do that. I'll post a date for a get-together so we can talk about that, and some other topics.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom

Virtual me will be there taking notes :biggrin:

Lance I know that could probably be arranged. I can't say that money is not a issue. But something is worth paying for. It's not a NSX. But it's a adventure and it would be super cool to do.

Doing the caravan with the NSX folks driving the Camaro SS would be an adventure I would think is worth paying for.

Best regards

Hi Guys;
My Son and Grandson are planning to meet up in LV, Sept 10, when my Grandson gets out of Marines. I would like to meet up with them there, but I haven't seen a time and exact place for NSXPO 2012. It seems to be that you're expecting it to be about 9/13. Anyway if things were to work out I'd be up for a scenic drive from LV to CO. Howard

Hi Guys;
My Son and Grandson are planning to meet up in LV, Sept 10, when my Grandson gets out of Marines. I would like to meet up with them there, but I haven't seen a time and exact place for NSXPO 2012. It seems to be that you're expecting it to be about 9/13. Anyway if things were to work out I'd be up for a scenic drive from LV to CO. Howard

Hi Howard

NSXPO2012 will be in Golden Colorado ("next" to Denver) from 13 september. Maybe with early arrival thing at wednesday 12 september.

I plan to be there at about 3 in the afternoon on wednesday. If no early bird arrival on wednesday I plan on beeing there on thursday 13 september.

There will be a LA caravan going through LV and it would be cool to go all of us to Golden Colorado. We'll just have to see.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi

Today I put in my vacation request at work. If I get a ok the next step is to book the flight over there.

All the gadgets are ready to go. It seems as though I am doing this again.

Best regards

I most likely will not go to the XPO. We would like to have you stay with us. I don't know if any LV people will we driving to the event.
Spring is here in my little back yard park with all of the flowers and birds. Life is nice.
Lance

Hi Lance and all

[Forum went down as I was to post this last night local time. But I had copied the text so I was okey so I am posting now]

Everybody is going skiing in the moutains now or actually at the moment out drinking. I am home. I'm not the skiing type or the drinking type. And of course I have a lot of xrays to prove why I am not the skiing type and even more why I'm not the drinking type :biggrin:

It's never to early to start the planning of my visit to NSXPO2012.

This is my first draft:
7.september thursday departure Norway at 11.25

7.september thursday by the magic of timezones
Arrival LV at 5.30 in the afternoon. 17h44minuts traveltime

9.september saturday Cars&coffee Las Vegas
Then some shows in LV or just relax with Lance&Lorelle (I know where he keeps his beer)

12.september wednesday get the Camaro SS from Hertz and head for Golden CO
Lunch at In-N-Out Burger (then about 4h22minutes later, if no stops)

Some scenic stops along the way. End up at Holiday Inn Green River and stay the night there.

Total distance from LV 417 miles. About 6.5 hours driving without stops. 285 miles/4.5h from In-N-Out Burger to Green River.

13. september thursday From Green River to Golden CO 333 miles/5.5h
Then NSXPO

17.september monday check out NSXPO trackevent. Then drive to Green River again. Stay the night there.

18.september tuesday. Arrival LV. Deliver Camaro SS

That's what I got at the moment.

What I may do which would be cool is to drive from LV to LA and see the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson or maybe Conan

I drove from LV to LA and watched Leno in 2010. That was cool. I stayed in a part of town that was called "Boys Town" though. I saw one girl and she was at my hotel and told me that the vibe I had of the place was correct.. :biggrin:

Then back to LV and see some shows or something that weekend.

Then head home to Norway on tuesday 25 september.

A lot of driving. But that is what I think is fun. The best would be to drive my NSX over there. But a Camaro SS and something other fun would have to do.

Best regards

Hi Martin; I was hoping to meet up with my Son in LV in Sept. and then drive to Co. Now with the price of gas, I may shorten my trip somewhat.
Are you planning to take the scenic route up through Capitol Reef Park, or are staying on the interstates as much as possible? I'm like you I don't mind long drives, most anywhere in the US that's west of the Mississippi river. I can't believe the guys in LV think it's too far to drive all the way to Denver area. (750 miles) I'm planning on driving from Binghamton NY, about 1700 miles, each way.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again, along with everyone else this fall in CO. Howard

Hi Howard

I had a look at Google maps. Nah I will not be driving through Capitol Reef Park.

This will be the trip. It's along the interstate

Yes you said so further up in this thread that you were planning to meet up with your son. Sad to hear that you are scrapping that plan because of gas prices.

A gallon cost me above $10 here in Norway. I have used on the Civic alone in excess of $4100 since I got it in february 2011. So I guess I'm not that upset by the price over there. There are still some countries to invade though :wink:

Not far from LV to Golden CO. So it's strange that the LV crowd is not taking the trip. I drove more than 1800miles last summer in the Civic. And half of that with a couple of scared passangers in the car from LV (Lance and Lorelle) :smile:

This will be a blast. I have all my gps and gadget collection ready for a road trip.

It will be nice to meet you again.

Best regards

Hi

I am not exploring anymore. I will be there. Got the plane tickets now.

Will be a blast. And now Lance will be in Golden too. Looking forward to it.:biggrin:

I have driven the NSX 8 meters since laste year. I drove it out of the garage the other day. Got the summer tires out for the Civic. Then drove the NSX in again. Will have her fixed 14 may and I will hit the streets again.

Best regards

It is still a "may" go to the xpo.

Lance

Hi

A "may" go is a he$$ of lot more than "no I'm not going". :biggrin:

I am officially suspending my exploring of the possibility to not run for president. But to go to NSXPO2012. As I am going.

Best regards

Hi

Then everything is ok. Only thing I need to do is register when it opens and also book hotel on the way to Golden and from and I am all set.

Oh yeah I need to get the visa thing too so I get in to the country. There are of course some more things that needs to be done. But the big things are now in place.

This will be a nice vacation with scenic drives and all.

Best regards

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Hi Martin,

I'm glad to hear you have everything "locked in" for the trip. Don't forget the Visa though, that would be a show-stopper! I look forward to seeing you during your stop in LV! Unfortunately I don't have enough vacation time available to attend NSXPO, or I would. Colorado is beautiful, I'm certain you will enjoy the drive as well as NSXPO.

Best Regards,

Tom

Hi Martin,

I'm glad to hear you have everything "locked in" for the trip. Don't forget the Visa though, that would be a show-stopper! I look forward to seeing you during your stop in LV! Unfortunately I don't have enough vacation time available to attend NSXPO, or I would. Colorado is beautiful, I'm certain you will enjoy the drive as well as NSXPO.

Best Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom

"Tillatelse innvilget" ..granted. I got around to do the Visa waiver thing just now.

Yes things are pretty "locked in". The only thing I need to do is to look into what your city have of entertainment while I'm there. But it is a little bit early for that.

I will be in town on thursday 6.september in the evening. C&C on saturday maybe? We'll just have to see.

I will leave for NSXPO on tuesday morning. Then be back in Las Vegas on tuesday 18. september in the afternoon.

Then I will not leave for Norway before tuesday 25.september. Maybe I will pop down to LA that week. I have not gotten around to think about that yet.

Regarding NSXPO I hope I can drive at the back of the NSX group in the Camaro. Looks like the roads will be fun. I will probably hook up the Camaro like a Google Maps car with one Go Pro and one Canon Legria HD camera. I have a lot of toys and I love to play :biggrin:

Best regards

Hi

I will stay at Lance's from thursday 6th of september to wednesday 12th of september when I leave for NSXPO in the Camaro. (and when I return from NSXPO)

Lance&Lorelle will not be home from thursday to monday so I'm home alone. I will have a cheap rental of some kind and I will go to C&C on saturday morning. Maybe I will see some of you there?

I will post in more detail later. I will hang around after I return from NSXPO too.

Maybe I see you around.

Best regards

Hi

A "may" go is a he$$ of lot more than "no I'm not going". :biggrin:

I am officially suspending my exploring of the possibility to not run for president. But to go to NSXPO2012. As I am going.

Best regards

I will be going to the track part of the XPO, but not the other parts. During that time I will be learning the new track with a Porsche track group. That way I will be a better NSX instructor.

I've decided that regardless of gas prices going up, I'm going to make it a road trip to remember, and I'll be coming to LV after all. So barring unforeseen circumstances, I should arrive in LV on the 9th. I'll be staying at a friends place in Henderson, and doing some sight seeing. I think my son has a Family brunch planned for the 12th. I hope to catch up with Martin, and any others for at least the last leg of the trip to Denver. That brings up a thought of how fast can you go without being in danger of a speeding ticket?:frown: It's just over three weeks until I hit the road, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Howard:smile:

Back