• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

reviews are out

a professional driver will always lap faster shifting manually, always. these cars all shift up and down too soon, too much, and too unnecessarily when left in auto mode. a human is still heaps better than the DCT computer.

Eventually, perhaps, but I challenge anyone to get into an unfamiliar car with 9 ratios and pick the optimal gear right off the bat. It is disorientating at first for anyone coming from a 6 or 7 speed car. That's my point.

It's fast, but it is ugly inside and out.

subjective obviously, i've heard journalists say the opposite...

Eventually, perhaps, but I challenge anyone to get into an unfamiliar car with 9 ratios and pick the optimal gear right off the bat. It is disorientating at first for anyone coming from a 6 or 7 speed car. That's my point.

2 gears or 26, wouldn't make a difference to me. if you're at the power peak, shift up. not pulling in the power band, shift down. it all happens one gear at a time...

My goodness that car is beautiful in silver. Time to work some more overtime. My wife said OK to a Ferrari (I had one when we met) but why ...? Still have yet to see an NSX in the metal. Anyone in eastern Iowa?

subjective obviously, i've heard journalists say the opposite...

2 gears or 26, wouldn't make a difference to me. if you're at the power peak, shift up. not pulling in the power band, shift down. it all happens one gear at a time...

Of course it subjective. Just like journalists that say they don't like how the new nsx sounds or how it feels on a track. All subjective. I've hated the 570 since the first time I see a pic. Hated it even more when I saw it in person. I do love the 12c though and 650s. P1 is stunning.

Of course it subjective. Just like journalists that say they don't like how the new nsx sounds or how it feels on a track. All subjective. I've hated the 570 since the first time I see a pic. Hated it even more when I saw it in person. I do love the 12c though and 650s. P1 is stunning.

i don't think anyone is going to try and pretend the new NSX sounds fantastic (cue fanboys now, and go!)... :biggrin:

i don't think anyone is going to try and pretend the new NSX sounds fantastic (cue fanboys now, and go!)... :biggrin:

From behind the driver's head in Track mode, when driven aggressively, it sounds AWESOME. The noises say "I am a highly-engineered piece of precision machinery." From all other locations (passenger seat, outside the car, etc.) and situations, it doesn't sound like much.

So everything you posted so far on Prime is all hear say, and what you found surfing the Internet....:rolleyes:
I appreciate FA's contributions here. I've had no trouble telling when
he's talking about first-hand experience and when he's joking around.
Posts 309 and 311 in this thread have smileys.

So everything you posted so far on Prime is all hear say, and what you found surfing the Internet....:rolleyes:

negatory. several of my mates and colleagues work for the online and print magazines which write the reviews you folks have been anxiously waiting years to read, including Randy. i have two more mates who were test drivers for the NSX (yes, this same one!) in pre-production testing for the last year prior to its release. these are people i talk to regularly in person, by phone or text. so the opinions i have expressed here regarding the new car are based on their highly professional and unbiased opinions which have been personally shared with me...

I appreciate FA's contributions here. I've had no trouble telling when
he's talking about first-hand experience and when he's joking around.
Posts 309 and 311 in this thread have smileys.

Tom, some people don't have a very good sense of humour... :biggrin:

You would be one of the few then.

he pays attention... :wink:

negatory. several of my mates and colleagues work for the online and print magazines which write the reviews you folks have been anxiously waiting years to read, including Randy. i have two more mates who were test drivers for the NSX (yes, this same one!) in pre-production testing for the last year prior to its release. these are people i talk to regularly in person, by phone or text. so the opinions i have expressed here regarding the new car are based on their highly professional and unbiased opinions which have been personally shared with me...

I can't resist responding....Man...You sounds a bit like the Kardashian's, always on the TV with an opinion, however, they are know for not having any talent what so ever....keep on rolling!

Why don't you invite Your Mates to make a post on Prime?

Bram

Last edited:
I can't resist responding....Man...You sounds a bit like the Kardashian's, always on the TV with an opinion, however, they are know for not having any talent what so ever....keep on rolling!

Why don't you invite Your Mates to make a post on Prime?

Bram

the Kardashians, wow! the human beings i dislike the most on this planet. so bitter, and since you don't know a thing about me, please don't compare me to those dipshits again, thanks.

as for the aforementioned people, Randy thinks it looks great but the others don't give a shit about the new NSX...

Here's what I don't understand.
Every brand new car goes through development and then at some point all the variables have to stamped in stone so suppliers can make parts etc.etc.
So every brand new car will be behind its competitors because the competitors can evolve/refine their existing cars quickly and readily compared to an all new car.
So expecting the new NSX to be the fastest thing on the road is not realistic.
The design team was clear about the cars being benchmarked and they succeeded in that.
Of course the competition evolves while the NSX goes from development stage to production stage.
All the criticism about the NSX being slow etc. may be true compared to the very latest offerings from Germany, but it's not a slow car.
In any event Honda now has a platform and driveline they too can evolve.
Will be interesting to see the NSX versions in a few years.
Meantime the new NSX can perform 95% of any competition and I'd say 100% of new owners needs

Here's what I don't understand.
Every brand new car goes through development and then at some point all the variables have to stamped in stone so suppliers can make parts etc.etc.
So every brand new car will be behind its competitors because the competitors can evolve/refine their existing cars quickly and readily compared to an all new car.
So expecting the new NSX to be the fastest thing on the road is not realistic.
That's called, 'skating to where the puck will be'. When setting performance targets one has to aim to where the competition will be when the car is done so you don't show up to the party only to have your Nouvelle Blue paint blown off. That said, I don't think the NSX is slow, I just think they should've been a bit more aggressive in their performance goals. For better or worse, comparo results sway decisions. People want the baddest car in a given segment, even if they'll never turn a wheel in anger on a racetrack.

The design team was clear about the cars being benchmarked and they succeeded in that.
Of course the competition evolves while the NSX goes from development stage to production stage.
All the criticism about the NSX being slow etc. may be true compared to the very latest offerings from Germany, but it's not a slow car.
In any event Honda now has a platform and driveline they too can evolve.
Will be interesting to see the NSX versions in a few years.
Meantime the new NSX can perform 95% of any competition and I'd say 100% of new owners needs
I'd agree that the NSX is not slow by any means. It's one thing that's silly about the way people talk about cars in this class. "Oh, it's a second slower a lap than X, it is SLOW." I'm like, that's still pretty damned fast... It's like people with 1000 cc supersports. "Oh it only has 185 horsepower!" Um, okay, try going full throttle down any public road for more than 3 or 4 seconds...

Luckily the NSX has a nice turbo powerplant that isn't really pushing it as far as boost and output goes, so ostensibly Honda could turn up the wick fairly easily. The other thing is that the launch control is fairly conservative, I'd like to see what the car could do with a more aggressive launch program. I just hope Honda is aggressive with updates unlike last time...

Last edited:
That's called, 'skating to where the puck will be'. When setting performance targets one has to aim to where the competition will be when the car is done so you don't show up to the party only to have your Nouvelle Blue paint blown off. That said, I don't think the NSX is slow, I just think they should've been a bit more aggressive in their performance goals. For better or worse, comparo results sway decisions. People want the baddest car in a given segment, even if they'll never turn a wheel in anger on a racetrack.

I'd agree that the NSX is not slow by any means. It's one thing that's silly about the way people talk about cars in this class. "Oh, it's a second slower a lap than X, it is SLOW." I'm like, that's still pretty damned fast... It's like people with 1000 cc supersports. "Oh it only has 185 horsepower!"

you're 100% right with everything you've just said. i also believe Honda should have been more aggressive with the performance. every year or other year the fastest/best model will be leapfrogged by the competition. that's natural progression, but you want your new baby to be on top at least for a little while. no one wants to debut at #3 or #4 .

and performance comparisons of performance cars are very influential for showroom sales and bragging rights. that's just the way it is...

Luckily the NSX has a nice turbo powerplant that isn't really pushing it as far as boost and output goes, so ostensibly Honda could turn up the wick fairly easily. The other thing is that the launch control is fairly conservative, I'd like to see what the car could do with a more aggressive launch program. I just hope Honda is aggressive with updates unlike last time...

there's no reason for it to launch any harder, why would it? the torque peak is exactly where the launch control preset rpm is...

That's called, 'skating to where the puck will be'. When setting performance targets one has to aim to where the competition will be ......

I brought up this very point with a member of the development team and their plan was to exceed the benchmarked cars performance, which they did.
But let's give credit to Porsche and Audi of the Volkswagen Group.
They knew Honda was using 911 and the R8 as benchmarks (even sent a note to the NSX team in one of the Porsche's)
They quickly upped their performance and Ferrari did the 488 nipping the NSX at the gate.
Not sure Honda could have fully anticipated the competitors moves, but even if they could have, I think they were locked in at that point and too late to change.

Yes but with that power plant, which has a lot of 'headroom' they could have turned the wick up for an extra 50hp one would think? that would have brought it up to the front of the pack I reckon.

And on the handling side, I'm still at a loss to understand why eSH-AWD isn't giving the results one could have expected? Perhaps the penny pinching which resulted in the rear diff not being torque active has come back to bite them on the bum. But I believe it will be a quicker everyday car for 95% of it's owners regardless even when compared to the performance orientated competition.

After all it's still is an excellent achievement, especially when you consider it's the 'base' model, which is being compared with the performance versions of it's competition. Acura just needs to make sure it brings out performance versions down the track, and does well in GT3 racing.

I'm looking forward to fastaussie actually driving the car so we can hear his opinion instead of those of his famous friends. I guess in the meantime We People will just have to listen to actual owners.

Ps. Fastaussie, do you know if they cause those people who robbed Kim k yet? ;)

Last edited:
Back