• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rim protectors

I have a friend that wants to get a set of rim protectors for his 20" Vette rims. Just wondering if anyone has checked these out, and would be able to recommend decent ones.

I found that the most effective rim protectors were the 78 series Blizzak winter tires I left on our Honda Pilot when my son was learning to drive. Very good at preventing curb rash. Perhaps not the desired 'look' for a Vette (or NSX).

I found that the most effective rim protectors were the 78 series Blizzak winter tires I left on our Honda Pilot when my son was learning to drive. Very good at preventing curb rash. Perhaps not the desired 'look' for a Vette (or NSX).

My friend found some rim tape that suited him at Crappy Tire. He was after something more for the look than protection. I'll let him know about the Blizzaks though!

I saw some protectors that were available in lime green, dayglow orange and other suitable in-your-face colors. Silver-like or clear did not appear as options. It does seem like its more about look than protection.

I think some 78 profile Blizzaks on his Vette would definitely give him a look. Would need to down size the rim in order to fit the tires in the wheel wells.

I have a friend that wants to get a set of rim protectors for his 20" Vette rims. Just wondering if anyone has checked these out, and would be able to recommend decent ones.

I used the alloy gators and was very happy with them

Back