• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RKS 02 headlight installation upgrade (for conversions)

Hi everyone,

Route-KS just released a kit that allows installation of 02 headlights into 90-01 NSX's with out modification to the frame around the headlight bucket.
This makes a 02 conversion a lot easier and less permanent.

$425 shipped

Pictures explain it all.
Red RKS, Blue OEM

RKS H.jpg

RKH 1.jpgRKH 2.jpg

Got my set I couldnt be happier! They were easy to install with little to no effort. Instructions were pictures so easy to understand. Thanks again

Is that an electrical plug on the end of the OEM part? If so, what is it for?

Ditto, I really like the idea of this part and not hacking up the frame around the high beam adjuster. The pics don't tell all though. I'm very curious to know more.

It's basically a manual adjuster "knob" for the high beam. You completely remove the original motor from the headlamp assembly (1/4 turn) and replace it with the other piece.

You won't have the clearance issues anymore and can fit the 02+ headlight without cutting the headlight bucket metal to accommodate...

I don't think US market cars ever had the electrical headlight adjustment fitted to the cars? The adjustment switch is located in the little rectangular bucket behind your gearshift on UK & JDM cars plus Euro's too?

I've done an 02+ conversion on my car and as it had electrical headlight adjustment I wired up the motor on the headlamp unit. For you guys I guess it's redundant without the wiring?

A lot of money for a few simple screw pieces though but what from Japan isn't?!?

Last edited:
If you look at the picture carefully it looks like for the most part, the Route KS part is using parts from the OEM motor assembly at the spindle end. It might mean opening up a motor to detach the parts needed to replicate? Maybe someone with a smashed headlight can "dontate" a motor to find out? The motors aren't available from Honda individually but they are also the same motors as on a ~90's CRV (in the UK anyway)

Has any one sourced an off the shelf part that can be used without the high price tag?

Let me enlarge those photos to make it easier to compare;

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Route KS headlight adjuster

Hi,

Can you give me a price on the Route KS headlight adjuster for the 2002 conversion.

I need it shipped to

Ashburn, VA 20147
USA

Thanks,

Chris

Back