• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RM Exhaust Sound.......great or annoying?

Sig

Experienced Member
I am currently considering changing over from stock exhaust on a 91 to RM. I was wondering for those of you who have had it or heard it if you thought is was too much or just right. Thanks.

I would suggest you hear one yourself before buying.

Don't forget that members of the NSX Club of America get a discount...

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 14 March 2001).]

I drove behind David Moss for almost 2 straight days about 2 weeks ago during the NSXNW caravan (3 cars) to Laguna Seca. He also has the Cat Bypass pipes.

I didnt get a chance to ride in the car, but the RM exhaust had a very ricey type sound from the outside.(4 cylinder Civic with super huge muffler sound) I ended up trying to be in front of David for most of the trip as his exhaust got very irritating.

My opinion, from outside the car is too much.
From inside WITH Cats (rode in one) Too quiet.

I agree with Edo. I have listened to the RM, Comptech, and HKS, but none of them sound very "exotic" to me. The RM is loud, but it sounded more like a 4 cylinder imports such as the civic, integra, prelude...etc. Others sound very much like the Mustang and other American Muscle car. I'm looking for a exhaust that makes sound like Ferrari or F1 race cars..... I really like the sound of George's (Maomaonsx)except it was WWWAAAAYYYY too loud! Any suggestion?

You might want to try the exhaust made by
Thermal. At low RPMs, it sounds a little louder than stock, but when you nail it, it has a higher pitch sound that sounds almost like a f1 car. Its around $1500-$1600.

I just went out to search for the Thermal exhaust. It would seem they only have NSX applications for 91-94. Do you know if they produce an exhaust for 95+ models? I would love to hear this exhaust, anyone in the Austin area running it?

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

You might want to try givng Comptech a call to see if they are willing to sell you the adaptor pipes they have to adopt their exhaust to the later model NSXs.

------------------
<A HREF="http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/maomaosnsxmodclub
Join" TARGET=_blank>http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/maomaosnsxmodclub
Join</A> my club for infos on my NSX.

It was mentioned that RM sounds like those coffee can exhausts on preludes and civics. Will this hold true with the cats still hooked up? I am looking for a deep note, not a buzzy one. Believe it or not, I actually like the way American Sports Cars sound. Take the Mustang for example, I think it's exhaust note under hard acceleration is the only good thing about the car. Any suggestions on achieving a similar sound?

What about DC Sports? I have a DC unit on my car. Its noticably louder than stock, but not too loud. It has a nice mellow/hightech sound to it. Not high pitched or "ricey" in my opinion. They retail for about 1200-1300 but you can find a good used one for 800 or so. Plus the craftsmanship is superb!

Back