• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road America April 8,9 2006

Steve and I are good to go. :smile:

Car # Initals Year of Car, Make Model, Grouping Request, Days Running
4 C.C. 2004 Dodge Viper Intermediate Both
6 D.B. 1990 Chevrolet Corvette Assertive x2 Both
7 J.W. 1970 Chevrolet Corvette Assertive Both
16 D.H. 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Assertive x2 Both
38 R.M. 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Advanced Both
39 L.K. 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Advanced x2 Both
66 B.B. 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Assertive x2 Both
937 D.D. 1993 Mazda RX7 Assertive Both
S.S. 1991 Acura NSX Advanced Sunday Only
R.L. 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Novice Both
K.K. 2004 BMW M3 advanced Both
J.B. 1995 BMW M3 Assertive x2 Both
B.K. 1991 Acura NSX Intermediate Saturday Only

Last edited:
I sent in for Sat only. I may add Sun at a later date. I am in Assertive, to take try to stay with Damian!!! 2:31 lap times in a RX7!!!!!!!

see it here! http://64.158.28.140/MPEG/TwinVision/nasa_ra_fastlap_04-10-05.mpg

The sad thing is he does not even look fast in the video, with terrible (early turn-in) lines.

Full WIDE race slicks will allow you to acheive incredible times, even with a poorly executed lap.

RP-Motorsports said:
I sent in for Sat only. I may add Sun at a later date. I am in Assertive, to take try to stay with Damian!!! 2:31 lap times in a RX7!!!!!!!

see it here! http://64.158.28.140/MPEG/TwinVision/nasa_ra_fastlap_04-10-05.mpg

The sad thing is he does not even look fast in the video, with terrible (early turn-in) lines.

Full WIDE race slicks will allow you to acheive incredible times, even with a poorly executed lap.

What mods were done on that RX-7, it sounds pretty good. Different from my car, that's for sure.

RP-Motorsports said:
Come on Dave, you need to come run with the big dogs at a "mans" track. Gingerman is fun, but nothing beats doing 140mph while on an arch coming from the kink heading for a 90 degree turn @ 12! :eek: :biggrin: Gingerman is an appetizer, RA is a feast!

I am not so sure that RA is a good choice for the shakedown runs with the new NSX, my old 92 was close to stock and the new 91 is well NOT. I will blow the dust out of her at Gateway this spring, then Gingerman, then Putnam, then RA if everything is still in one piece and I have the nerves. I would prefer to play in a playground I know well untill I know all is well with the car.

Someday I will be a Big Dog on a mans track, Someday.

Dave

DDozier said:
Someday I will be a Big Dog on a mans track, Someday.

Dave

You know Dave, I was just giving you shit! You are a class act, and I LOVED running bumper to bumper with you. Very few people I trust like that, and I felt comfortable with you on-track after the first turn of the day.

There are some great events @ RA in Sept and Oct, so hopefully we shall see you there. Til then, I may see you at Gingerman.

OK rookies see Kens thread about the BMW school @ Mid-Ohio.... http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64234

You semi-experienced guys.... MFBA lapping session is filling up! I see more and more advanced "regulars" are finding out about this great event. More the merrier! You can do a single day for $200, weekend for $350 or 2 full weekends (spring/fall) for only $600!!!

Here are the paid drivers so far... http://roadamerica.fbody.us/paid.html

Otherwise come and watch. Only $5 to get in, and you can get plenty of ride-alongs! (bring your helmet) This will be one of the very first times you midwesterners will see a few new C6 Z06's on-track.

Ugh! Too many track days to keep up with!

I'll be in Competition school with NASA at Blackhawk Farms April 15/16... so now I have to find time for some real racing ;)

After watching that video of the RX7, RA isn't as scarry as I thought, but there are still a few walls closer than I'd like, especially while running with some F-body cars where the driver might think his car is capable of braking like some of the others who run. I agree with Dave. Don't think I want to shake-down the new NSX at RA. Heck, I won't be ready to run by then anyway.:frown:

If spectators are welcome, I and my Wife are coming to watch. We will be in the area and I would love to meet some of you.
Someone let me know if spectators can, uhm spectate:smile:.

Thanks
Len

len3.8 said:
If spectators are welcome, I and my Wife are coming to watch. We will be in the area and I would love to meet some of you.
Someone let me know if spectators can, uhm spectate:smile:.

Thanks
Len

Len,
Yes any spectators are welcome for $5 per person per day. Please come and get a ride...Tom is running Saturday and I will be Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some of the St Louis crew.

NSX 3.0 said:
Len,
Yes any spectators are welcome for $5 per person per day. Please come and get a ride...Tom is running Saturday and I will be Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some of the St Louis crew.

I am there..Well as long as I am still walking and talking...
Looking forward to it.
Len

Are you guys running class "B" (Advanced) or class "A" (Assertive)?

And is it just the two of you, one on each day?

I might head out for a day, prefer Saturday.

Chris F said:
Are you guys running class "B" (Advanced) or class "A" (Assertive)?

And is it just the two of you, one on each day?

I might head out for a day, prefer Saturday.

Chris,
Tom's doing Saturday-assertive and I'm doing Sunday-advanced. I see the weekend is filling up with a nice mix of cars.

http://roadamerica.fbody.us/paid.html

RP-Motorsports said:
Bump.

1 more week!

Hope to see you guys as spectators. Come watch me try to take a 15 year old car and run with the new C6 Z06's! :eek:

$5 to get in, bring a helmet if you have one, if not, there will be a few to borrow.

I'll be there Saturday, and I'm definitely bringing my helmet! :biggrin:

What time are you guys going to get there on Saturday? I was going to try to get there around 11-11:30 or so.

Sunrise at Road America, more pictures in my Gallery

7588Picture_001-med.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up running my best time of 2:44 with Sean's wife in the passenger seat. (she was the lightest, and I never went solo)

Steve had overheating issues AGAIN, and only ran about 5 or 6 laps total before tossing in the towel. (Hopefully he will start a seperate thread on this.)

Brian also had a good day. He was on street rubber, and I believe this is only the 2nd time @ RA. He was running about 3:15 with passengers.

The Wausau red NSX ran a 2:50 on Sunday, his best time to date.
His car looked good with the bronze wedsport wheels, and Sparco seats!

Fast time of the weekend was about 2:32 (3 way tie, Damian's RX7, a C6 Z06 with true slicks, and a very quick Sti)

A few other quick cars that I did not get a time on were a black GT3, and a few C5 Z06's, but they were either the same pace as the fastest, or a tad slower.

Only one crash that I am aware of. Black C5 Z06 hit a tire barrier, and tore off the front right fender, and scuffed the right side of the car. Not too bad.

A buddy of mine hit 172mph in his non-stock Mitsu VR4. He runs about a 2:40 lap time. (very fast down the straights, but not quite there in the turns)

He ended up over revving 3rd gear when he tried to select 5th, and he was done for the weekend.

I did some ride alongs with my friend Scott in his Talon racecar, and I think I found the 2 seconds that I need to crack the 2:39 barrier. I need to increase my speed in the carousel, and take the kink a different line.

One of these days I will get that 2:39!!!!!! I probably would have hit it this weekend solo, but I skipped my last two sessions, due to oil all over my engine. I initially thought I blew something up!, but it seems as if my crankcase breather spit about a half pint of oil!!!!!! I overfilled the oil by 1/2 quart (always did this in the past without issue) The only difference is the last session I picked up a bit more speed out of turn 5, and was hitting the rev limiter in 2nd gear at the top of the hill @ 6. This may have caused extra crankcase pressure????

My motor runs fine, normal oil pressure, and no mor spitting?? Time will tell. Before next time, I will be rigging up a catch can for the crankcase breather, as well as another for the coolant overflow.

Some photos from this weekend that Tom was alluding to.

BTW - A monster has been created!!! All my wife can talk about is getting back out onto the track! :biggrin: She had an awesome time, and thanks to Scott, Tom, and Brian for letting her ride with you. Watch out for a red Prelude at Gingerman this summer!

Attachments

• RA_0406_3.jpg
    RA_0406_3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 44
  • RA_0406_4.jpg
    RA_0406_4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 55
  • RA_0406_5.jpg
    RA_0406_5.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 52
  • RA_0406_8.jpg
    RA_0406_8.jpg