• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road America -- July 7 (ALMS + Speed World Challenge)

The ALMS (American Le Mans Series) is at Road America from July 4-7. The main race is on Sunday, and features several key divisions:
- LMP (LeMans Prototype) -- closed-wheel, purpose-built racing chassis cars. Has regular (900) and lighter-weight (675) classes
- GT (Grand Touring) -- production-based 2WD cars. Has a Prototype (GTP) and Sport (GTS) classes

One of the key support races is the Speed (formerly Speedvision) World Challenge series. GT car race is on Sunday (with PD Cunningham) and the Touring Car race is on Saturday.

Anyone interested in a get-together around this event ??

------------------
Manuel C
www.geocities.com/mcantoria/mc-toys.html

sig-front-top-100h.jpg
sig-left-front-100h.jpg
sig-rear-100h.jpg

I plan on going both days and would be up for a meeting place... last year we pulled into King Motorsports Tent and parked and there were a few S-2000s there.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Thanks

I'm checking with some out of town friends as well. Can we get some sort of informal "paddock parking" deal with King Motorsports.

Am checking with the S2K guys as well. Greg Stevens -- you out there ??

Am checking for possible event tent sponsors, also some local clubs. I need to get a feel for level of interest.

Please send me a private email at [email protected] if interested in attending. Feel free to send any suggestions as to what you'd like to see setup (food, drink, dancing deer, etc) at this event.

TIA

Steve J (NSXCA MW Rep) is also coordinating.

Please post any suggestions/ideas/preferences here, or send him an email at [email protected]

##############

For out-of-towners, there are two big summer festivals you might check out:
- Summerfest in Milwaukee (through the 7th)
- Taste of Chicago in Chicago (through the 8th)
Lots of music, food, drink and partying
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 21 April 2002).]

Originally posted by Steven Spanbauer:
I plan on going both days and would be up for a meeting place...
Steven - do we need to get tix in advance or can we get these at the gate??

I'll probably just do Sunday (possibly Saturday if PD drives in the Touring Car race)

cojones you can pay when you enter any open gate no advance purchase needed.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Back