• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Rocket ride

I must say its been over a year long project building my 2001 NSX and who knows how much money. BUT worth every penny. this car in not even totaly tooned. just enough to break in an then i will hit the dyno. however I stepped into it a few days ago an i thought i was in a dragster. this thing is very fast And the sound is increadable. So for now i need to do some clean up with hoses airbox and so on. I need to work in the pulley area but i will keep you posted. This is the blower setup in a earlier thread titled Intercooled blower.

Congratulations.
Sounds exciting!
I would love to check it out when you are done.
What shop did the work?

Nate in DC

Ticsher Acura in laurel did the pull and install of the motor and installed the custom built blower, intercooler, TEC-3,ATS 4.23 gears, brakes, clutch. Burtonsville machine shop did the motor work and Gerry Johnson did the TEC-3 design. Overall there were a lot of players like comptech, whipple charger, RC engineering and the list goes on.I did come up with the idea and did a lot of machine work myself.some of the Idems that need to be completed are minor clean up things like wires, hoses, air box modifications,and a custom strut bar and finish up the engine cover its cut out for the blower and has to be recovered to give a stock apperance.So for now it is drivable but not complete.

ken sampson said:
No just having fun.

where does the intercooler sit? any pictures? how many lbs?

ktan said:

Going on memory from the other thread where Ken included some photos, it is mounted at the air exit point of the blower... ie underneath.

Ken correct me if that was wrong.

AC vs IC

I'm sure you meant to say "aftercooler" right? :cool:

Don't make me sic my two +35 LB (only four months old) Boxer pups on you to teach a lesson that what we have on the FI'ed NSX is an AFTERCOOLER.

Re: AC vs IC

AndyVecsey said:

I'm sure you meant to say "aftercooler" right? :cool:

Oh thats right!!! Unfortunatly I stopped reading that inter/after cooler thread and just decided to realize that it is the silver thing that keeps your supercharger/turbo cooled!!

Don't make me sic my two +35 LB (only four months old) Boxer pups on you to teach a lesson that what we have on the FI'ed NSX is an AFTERCOOLER.[/

luckily, i have this guy to protect me ... see he's eating a lion! he's quite a bit bigger now
4965tyler_chewing_cattoy2_500.jpg

Call them what you like they are the same thing. They cool the charge. If the manufacture Whipple Charger calls them Intercoolers than that's what i will call it. I'm sure we are here for the same reason to learn and share information.

As far as boost I have not checked it my gauge it's in the glovebox. however i am trying to get time on a dyno this weekend. I will post a copy. This is really just to make improvements for daily driving not HP #'s. I will dyno again for HP after some other changes like pulley's.

WHIPPLE CUPRONICKEL INFORMATION

Whipple Cupronickel intercooler cores are the most
advanced, heavy duty marine air-charge coolers on
the market today. While others use aluminum
intercooler cores, Whipple is the only company
that utilizes the patent technology of the
cupronickel intercooler, a Whipple exclusive.

Whipple’s cupronickel, pronounced koo•pro•nik•el,
is a space age technology that utilizes a unique
blend of pure copper alloy air fins for increased
thermal efficiency over aluminum and cupronickel
water passages for maximum corrosion resistance.
Some utilize “chromacoat” or anodized cores, which
will still corrode over time, only cupronickel
will last in the brackish lake waters and ocean
salt water because of it’s electronegativity is
adjusted to neutral with regard to seawater.

Whipple cupronickel intercoolers can not only
withstand salt water, but it has a melting point
of over 2000deg F, has large water passages to
allow less chances of clogging, comes with billet
tanks and tig welded construction. Whether it’s
race or pleasure, there is no comparing any other
intercooler to the Whipple Coolers, although it’s
rare alloy is more expensive, it’s far worth the
expense

Back