• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Roll Call - South Florida NSXCapades Attendees - please sign here

OK Ladies and Gentleman from South Florida, let's make a ROLL CALL for our official first:

MEETING 7AM @ the Pompano Service Plaza (turnpike north)

nsxcapades_logM.jpg

This thread is intended only for the Palm Beach, Broward and Dade NSX owners that are attending to the December 4th and 5th event
>> http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142005 << official list

Who is coming:

1) oscar_driver
2) onestepx
3) BobK
4) dquarasr2
5) HondaPower00

**Important topics to decide in this thread**

• Who is coming
• Where and what time we are meeting to proceed the drive
• Hotel rooms, who is interested in sharing rooms (since rooms come with 2 beds = better deal)
• Driving back, what time and how
• Who is buying T-shirts and want me to bring with me.

Many thanks and please remember, the official sign in thread is this: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142005 , this thread is only a ROLL CALL for the drive + some other details for the South Florida people.

Thanks!

Oscar

Last edited:
Re: ROLL CALL •• SOUTH FLORIDA NSXCAPADES ATEENDEES •• please sign here

- Doug and Tammy
- As I posted in the main thread, I'm a speed limit kind of driver, so if the group is planning on a banzai run, I'll make my way up on my own (1,000,000 miles and 38 years of citation-free driving, and I'd like to keep it that way). I'm not golfing, so I'd like to leave Saturday morning.

We can plan on a staggered meet at the turnpike service plazas. I'm thinking leaving from Pompano plaza at 8 AM (about MM 65 or so), Lake Worth plaza around 8:45 (MM 93), and for those of us north of that, Fort Pierce plaza at 10:00 (MM 144).

- Not sharing a room, Tammy and I are good. :smile:
- Drive back, um, not sure. Don't wanna stay all that long at the show and shine considering 3 hour drive home.
- I posted in the other thread that I'd like 1 medium t-shirt.

- Doug and Tammy
We can plan on a staggered meet at the turnpike service plazas. I'm thinking leaving from Pompano plaza at 8 AM (about MM 65 or so), Lake Worth plaza around 8:45 (MM 93), and for those of us north of that, Fort Pierce plaza at 10:00 (MM 144)

That actually sounds good, I know we are 4 cars for sure, is possible Jose (new owner) will join us too, let's see what we decide, thanks for the reply, this time seems like your schedule matches ours LOL!!

hugs!

I can't drive 55 or 65 or 75 LOL Maybe 79 What is life without at least one citation. Me, I had 3 before I even had a drivers license!! :frown:

I can't drive 55 or 65 or 75 LOL Maybe 79 What is life without at least one citation. Me, I had 3 before I even had a drivers license!! :frown:

OK, Sammy Hagar. :biggrin:

I *MIGHT* be able to live with 79, but I really would like to keep my record pristine. You know that driving in a pack of cars 45 inches high (or less!), custom exhausts, and in my case, track layout decals and covered up track numbers WILL garner attention, especially if we are starting to step over that "look the other way" line.

Tell ya what, we'll plan on a caravan up, and if the group starts moving too quickly for anyone's tastes, whoever is uncomfortable can simply drop back.

Me, I scratch my itch a half-dozen times a year at Sebring and Homestead.:biggrin:

I'm in for driving up Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon I might be busy in Orlando but I'll be able to join everyone again Sunday morning for the drive and the car show in the afternoon.

I *MIGHT* be able to live with 79, but I really would like to keep my record pristine. You know that driving in a pack of cars 45 inches high (or less!), custom exhausts, and in my case, track layout decals and covered up track numbers WILL garner attention, especially if we are starting to step over that "look the other way" line.

Tell ya what, we'll plan on a caravan up, and if the group starts moving too quickly for anyone's tastes, whoever is uncomfortable can simply drop back.

Me, I scratch my itch a half-dozen times a year at Sebring and Homestead.:biggrin:
Sonds good to me. I rarely exceed by more than 10 over which I think the local LEOs will give you.

So, who wants to share a room with me? I am clean a I promise not to talk to much! LOLOLOL

- Doug and Tammy
- As I posted in the main thread, I'm a speed limit kind of driver, so if the group is planning on a banzai run, I'll make my way up on my own (1,000,000 miles and 38 years of citation-free driving, and I'd like to keep it that way). I'm not golfing, so I'd like to leave Saturday morning.

We can plan on a staggered meet at the turnpike service plazas. I'm thinking leaving from Pompano plaza at 8 AM (about MM 65 or so), Lake Worth plaza around 8:45 (MM 93), and for those of us north of that, Fort Pierce plaza at 10:00 (MM 144).

- Not sharing a room, Tammy and I are good. :smile:
- Drive back, um, not sure. Don't wanna stay all that long at the show and shine considering 3 hour drive home.
- I posted in the other thread that I'd like 1 medium t-shirt.

So, are we meeting at the Pompano service plaza at 8:00am as planned?

So, are we meeting at the Pompano service plaza at 8:00am as planned?

Yes, here is the schedule:

8:00am - 8:15am - Rendevous at Turnpike Pompano Service Plaza, approx mile marker 65.
8:15am - 8:45am - Rolling north, about 30 miles

8:45am - 9:00am - Rendevous at Lake Worth Service Plaza, approx mile marker 93 or 94
9:00am - 9:45am - Rolling north about 50 miles

9:45am - 10:00am - Rendevous at Fort Pierce Service plaza, approx mile marker 144
10:00am - Rolling north to Orlando

NOTE: Pompano plaza is under construction. I believe gas is available but there will be no food or restrooms in the plaza. I think the gas station has restrooms but plan for there to be NO restroom facilities just in case.

Wimp

OK guys, it's tomorrow! how exciting! :) ... is anyone else joining? if not, let's fill up the tank and let's just go! :D

Last edited:

Sonds good to me. I rarely exceed by more than 10 over which I think the local LEOs will give you.

That's not what I heard Mr.85! You guys are so lucky to be able to drive all winter. The guys around here are all storing their cars already. I was out in mine yesterday and will keep driving until the first salt ......... then it is storage time. How's yours after the summer storage?

I can still picture your face coming into that corner at Sebring a bit to hot ,it took me weeks to get the stains out of your seat.

Armando

U mean the one where after we actually made it, and it was doubtful, (the "safety pin", Turn 7 at Sebring), I looked over at you and asked "you upgraded everything but the brakes, right?", and you sheepishly admitted so?

:biggrin:

OK, I will try to make 7 AM. Oscar, I will PM you my cell phone number.

U mean the one where after we actually made it, and it was doubtful, (the "safety pin", Turn 7 at Sebring), I looked over at you and asked "you upgraded everything but the brakes, right?", and you sheepishly admitted so?

:biggrin:

Who needed brakes back then, it was all about the HP. :)

Armando

So, who wants to share a room with me? I am clean a I promise not to talk to much! LOLOLOL

I take Ambien at night so if we shared a room, don't be surprised if I end up in bed with you in the morning after taking your car for a drive.

P.S. Unfortunately I cannot attend this event but I will be at the Toy Rally the next week.

That's not what I heard Mr.85! You guys are so lucky to be able to drive all winter. The guys around here are all storing their cars already. I was out in mine yesterday and will keep driving until the first salt ......... then it is storage time. How's yours after the summer storage?
Rich, I just bought a mountain house in Georgia and took the car up there for a month. Great roads! I would always take the long way (twisty) home from the town I'm near.

Oscar, you are a pain in the butt for getting me up that early but I will be there. If we left at 7:30 then we would have to drive faster which would be more FUN!

:cool: Believe me, I know LOL, but Doug -dquarasr2- he really goes on the speed limit (experience from previous drives) .... let's convince him to go in the back, 5mph over the limit :D ....

Is going to be fun though!

Does anyone knows Louis number? I lost his number :( .... if someone knows, PM me please!

Oscar

Back