• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

RSII. Which color?

Which color RSII?

• Total voters
OK I am finally done, I've decided to keep my OEM and have a set of advan RSII on the car. I am really torn on color. Semi gloss black or racing hyper black on a silverstone car? Here is a photoshop of my OEM wheels in two colors, black and same photo with the car OEM silver wheels. The racing hyper color is darker than OEM wheels but definitely in the silver family. My carbon wing and soon to be carbon side scoop are black so I was wondering if I should go black.

9f2ed94c.jpg

nsx6.jpg

Forgot to mention... My ST calipers are gloss black.

Because there's no such color for an RSII.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I still think I like the 2 darker colors better. But I guess something else to think about.

I am always very impressed with SOS Chris' knowledge! Personally, I love these wheels! I'd love to have a set on my Red 05 NSX. They are about as classy as they come! I always like the lighter colors such as Hyper Silver or something similar. Not a big fan of black but I am a lot older than most everyone here. My son is 22 years and loves black wheels on his white C6 Corvette!

Yes, there is. Hyper Silver is a medium silver 2 stage finish. Hyper Black is a darker silver 2 stage finish as shown:

http://yokohamawheel.jp/brand/advan_rs2/index_jpn.html

ADVAN_RSII_450.jpg

I think the Hyper Silver would look best on brighter silvers like your Silverstone. We've placed satin black on Silverstones before, and it doesn't look as nice.

-- Chris

Last edited:
Get Hyper Silver Dave, it will match your car better and if you want to plasti-dip it black you can always do so. Plus your calipers are already black so do you really want your wheels to be black too? Or are you just trying to get away with never washing off brake dust ;)

Black wheels with a similar spoke pattern (RZ's?) (semi gloss?)

622499_401702436546327_2015391068_o.jpg

336767_401702353213002_236324712_o.jpg

614633_319361418159877_34959693_o.jpg

Platinum Black (RZ-DF)

425493_328059603899625_100000867637863_965007_438083221_n.jpg

img2293r.jpg

img2299ol.jpg

Last edited:
Silver or platinum black. Gloss or matte black wheels on any car look awful. Wheels should highlight your car, not look like black smudges.

Silver or platinum black. Gloss or matte black wheels on any car look awful. Wheels should highlight your car, not look like black smudges.

The semi gloss is not gloss, nor matte. It just has a certain amount of sheen at angle. I agree, I don't like super flat black and really hate gloss black which just looks like a can of Krylon.

Well this poll was a big help. It's split 50/50 and so are the comments. LOL...

I just love how the RS barely shows itself. All you see are the calipers and rotors. That's just cool, especially with nice brakes.

The lighter colors look bigger. If you look at this page, middle of the page, where you see the faces of all three colors next to each other, the silver looks bigger, doesn't it?

Darker reduces diameter visually, but the reason I was considering it was my R wing, and my soon to be DF sport scoops are black. So it picks those up. I can always paint/powercoat my calipers body color. My idea was black R wing, Black sport scoops, black wheels. Silverstone calipers, new front DF lip with carbon center, painted sides. So from the front there is some black, from the sides there is some black.

I'm really confused. Arista thanks for posting all these pics, now I just have to keep staring at them.

Last edited:
Looking at these pics, the one I am liking the LEAST now is closest to the one I have on order. Platinum black, similar to racing hyper black. It's like silverstone, but just a little different. It's not close enough to be the same, and not different enough to show contrast. It's a fashion faux pas. LOL

The semi gloss is not gloss, nor matte. It just has a certain amount of sheen at angle. I agree, I don't like super flat black and really hate gloss black which just looks like a can of Krylon.

Well this poll was a big help. It's split 50/50 and so are the comments. LOL...

I just love how the RS barely shows itself. All you see are the calipers and rotors. That's just cool, especially with nice brakes.

The lighter colors look bigger. If you look at this page, middle of the page, where you see the faces of all three colors next to each other, the silver looks bigger, doesn't it?

Darker reduces diameter visually, but the reason I was considering it was my R wing, and my soon to be DF sport scoops are black. So it picks those up. I can always paint/powercoat my calipers body color. My idea was black R wing, Black sport scoops, black wheels. Silverstone calipers, new front DF lip with carbon center, painted sides. So from the front there is some black, from the sides there is some black.

I'm really confused. Arista thanks for posting all these pics, now I just have to keep staring at them.

I agree with this. I was telling 996garage to go silver to match with his Silverstone. Because Silverstone is a darker silver, regular silver like the stock rims match well with it. Darker colors like gunmetal don't look good on Silverstone but work great on Sebring, also due to the contrast.

Back